Weight loss, the easy hard way

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 06:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lots of good info on this site. i lost 20 pounds already after i read up and understood how everything works.
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=133163973
Old 04-19-2011, 07:14 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Head Hunter
Sorry man but that's a horrible idea for numerous reasons - lean body mass loss, muscle tissue deteriation, body is actually going to retain every gram of food you take in when you do start eating and store it as fat since it thinks you're starving, etc etc etc...
Everyone is different, been here and done it with good results, so many opinions here are meaningless since this is not my first rodeo.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Thanks for taking the time to write that. For me, as large and lean as i used to be, i know what i have to do, starving myself is just the start of something greater, so big deal. As i stated earlier though, to assume your body will consume muscle before fat is crazy, my stomach and love handles are pulling in already, so that disproves any theory on that for my particular body, i could agree it was water weight if i was not consuming water,and other liquids, but i am drinking whatever i want.
Hey man if you think it's gonna work, take some before and after pics, post em here and I'll show em to the bodybuilding community. 2 million members's heads will implode
Old 04-19-2011, 08:12 PM
Teching In

So you posted on the internet expecting to not hear other peoples opinions?
Old 04-19-2011, 08:40 PM
Staging Lane

If you want to lose weight in a very unhealthy way, just do cocaine, it's even easier than starving yourself, maybe just more pricey.

I understand that everybody is different. But when it comes to formula of calories burned > calories consumed = weight loss, everybody is the same. Everybody is also the same in the sense that they all need a certain amount of nutrients a day to be healthy, which are obtained from food.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:44 PM
11 Second Club

I have gone from 280 at 40%bf to 220at 20%bf (and still going) and have spent years reading up on weight loss - but take it or leave it - just trying to help
Old 04-19-2011, 09:10 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Originally Posted by c0rey
So you posted on the internet expecting to not hear other peoples opinions?
Was just posting for the hell of it, don't mine opinions, just didn't want everyone's instruction.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:11 PM
Teching In

I started eating more healthier cutting out hardcore fats and salt using alternative...olive oil instead of butter Ms dash. / or MC cormmick seasonings without salt or use very little sea salt. Chicken fish pork and beef trim fat off, bake or grill -> preferably grill, no sweet drinks, only sodas I drink are 0 Cal 0 Carb, fruits, 2% milk, splenda instead of sugar when available. When I feel like I'm still hungry I load up on salads low fat low sodium dressing. Or season the hell out of boiled veggies. I Cut sweets ( cake pie ect... ) out period lightly straying away from starches, pastas and wheat bread but brown rice is ***, as far as workout I work enough at work either I'm outside lifting stuff for 7-8 hours or in a warehouse lifting stuff for 7-8 hours, my uncle lost a lot of water weight by cutting out salt and wearing one of those sweat ( trash bag looking ) suits or 30 mins a day. Semi lifestyle change I actually shop for food now ( reading labels and comparing ) instead of making groceries for 2+ weeks in 10 minutes doesn't mean you can't eat that greasy sandwich or BBQ but limit yourself to how much you take in. Good luck with the weight loss.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Pete137
If you want to lose weight in a very unhealthy way, just do cocaine, it's even easier than starving yourself, maybe just more pricey.
LMAO!!!

Yeah, nothing beats 30$ gym membership imo.

Man, Ive been trying to gain weight for last year, still 10 pounds away from my goal!
Old 04-19-2011, 09:39 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Originally Posted by TehGODofGreen
I started eating more healthier cutting out hardcore fats and salt using alternative...olive oil instead of butter Ms dash. / or MC cormmick seasonings without salt or use very little sea salt. Chicken fish pork and beef trim fat off, bake or grill -> preferably grill, no sweet drinks, only sodas I drink are 0 Cal 0 Carb, fruits, 2% milk, splenda instead of sugar when available. When I feel like I'm still hungry I load up on salads low fat low sodium dressing. Or season the hell out of boiled veggies. I Cut sweets ( cake pie ect... ) out period lightly straying away from starches, pastas and wheat bread but brown rice is ***, as far as workout I work enough at work either I'm outside lifting stuff for 7-8 hours or in a warehouse lifting stuff for 7-8 hours, my uncle lost a lot of water weight by cutting out salt and wearing one of those sweat ( trash bag looking ) suits or 30 mins a day. Semi lifestyle change I actually shop for food now ( reading labels and comparing ) instead of making groceries for 2+ weeks in 10 minutes doesn't mean you can't eat that greasy sandwich or BBQ but limit yourself to how much you take in. Good luck with the weight loss.
That is the plan basically, already switch to 2% milk, i dont drink anything carbonated, so no sodas, just beer here and there, not enough to talk about. Then, cutting back on all the BS, i LOVE sushi and i think the rice in it is probably bad for me, LOL.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:40 PM
LS7 Member

...you are doing more harm to your body than good. Not eating is more unhealthy than your previous habits.

Eat healthier, smaller meals, and get in the gym or outside in the heat! You will see better results and will actually keep the weight off.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:51 PM
In-Zane Moderator

I didnt do this because it was the right way or even healthy.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
That is the plan basically, already switch to 2% milk, i dont drink anything carbonated, so no sodas, just beer here and there, not enough to talk about. Then, cutting back on all the BS, i LOVE sushi and i think the rice in it is probably bad for me, LOL.
They make sushi with brown rice, try it out sometime.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by eLiT3SnIpEz
LOL at this homosexual display.

Pretty good motivation for a 21 year old, but this screams "douchebaggery".
Old 04-19-2011, 10:28 PM
Teching In

Trust me bro that won't help at all once u start eating again booom up u go again. I've been in ur shoes. Walk. Jog. Drink a lot a lot of water eat fruits and smaller meals that's all
Old 04-20-2011, 12:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by -Ross-
LOL at this homosexual display.

Pretty good motivation for a 21 year old, but this screams "douchebaggery".
Say it to the giant ripped dudes over on BB.com who made this and have it as one of many many other pictures stickied in the biggest section on one of the biggest forums in the world. Different strokes for different folks. Wish it was a better pic, I will agree with that but the words themselves are pretty damn good imo and there is no age limit on that. My experience is the guys on the BB forums are different from guys on car forums I'm always telling them about stupid **** they say there that would get them a torn ******* over on here etc. Ran into a few LS1Techers on there as well

Quick Reply: Weight loss, the easy hard way