Weight loss, the easy hard way

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 01:56 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Weight loss, the easy hard way

So, i am on day number 4, no food, i have done it before with no liquids for 4 days, this time i am drinking a bit of water and tea, but i can see results for sure by today, going for at least 7 days or when i am happy with the way i look, tired of being 310 pounds, i might be 6 foot 3 or something like that and i dont look 310, but i have a gut i have not been able to shake since the wife had the second kid, i cut back portions, and improved the quality of food with no luck really, but this works, i have done it and i am glad i started again, it is hard with a wife that cooks bad as meals, this is my slice of hell, LOL.

But, in the end, i will be glad i did it, wish i took before pics, not like i would post them anywhere, just for personal reference.

Wish me luck.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not eating will slow down your metabolism even more. Dieting on it's own will most likely have very little effect. The best way to lose weight in my opinion is to eat more meals a day, but smaller healthier portions to help speed up your metabolism. Do a lot of cardio: treadmill, elliptical, go to the track, ride a bike, etc. And throw in some light weight lifting.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:14 PM
Launching!

if you don't drink you are just dehydrating yourself. not losing fat
Old 04-19-2011, 02:19 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pete137
Not eating will slow down your metabolism even more. Dieting on it's own will most likely have very little effect. The best way to lose weight in my opinion is to eat more meals a day, but smaller healthier portions to help speed up your metabolism. Do a lot of cardio: treadmill, elliptical, go to the track, ride a bike, etc. And throw in some light weight lifting.
x2 to this
Old 04-19-2011, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

As already mentioned above, just eating nothing is definitely not the best way to lose weight.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:24 PM
TECH Resident

get ready to binge man.. your body is going to reject what your doing.. Just hit the gym.. Walk use an eliptical..

what does your typical diet look like?
Old 04-19-2011, 02:30 PM
Launching!

youre just going to gain it right back unless you change your diet and your amount of cardio, plain and simple.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Like everyone else says, when you starve yourself, your body is going into starvation mode and will start hoarding calories, once you start to eat again, you will put the weight back o and maybe gain more.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:39 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Not that i was asking for anyone's opinion on any of this, but yes, my dies when i begin eating again will be more fish, skinless chicken, veggies and fruits, otherwise, no two people are the same, i will not gain it back as mentioned above without actually just eating bullshit, i did it before and it took a long time to get the 27 pounds i lost back. That was only because of the first kid, i gain allot of weight when the wife is preggo, LOL.

Thanks for the concern fellas.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Take bigger *****.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:18 PM
Staging Lane

Not eating is idiotic. Your body will stop burnig fat after the first day. Just work out and eat right. There is no possible way you will not see results when doing these two things correctly!
Old 04-19-2011, 03:21 PM
Staging Lane

i've done this and it's not good for you,not to mention it may start mood swings...i know you don't want our opinion but it's only because we are concerned....
Old 04-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Staging Lane

Look up "ideal protein diet" between the wife and I we have lost 115 pounds and you get to eat your regular meals.

Javier
Old 04-19-2011, 03:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

every one is a little different but this is what worked for me

I started out at 309 pounds and now I am 220 ish, this was done in about 6 months

Start counting every calorie you eat for 1 month ( use a smart phone or I pod app) and calculate how many calories your body uses in a day with no excersise.

that value is your brake even point! dont eat more calories than that in a a day.

Now if you want to loose 1 pound a week (3600 cal per lb) / (7 days) = calories to burn or eat less every day.

I tracked every calorie for a month and it made me aware of how much I was over eating and what foods are horrible for trying to loose weight.

After a month I was able to judge how much I should eat or what to eat and I was able to keep loosing weight. If I ever feel like i am slipping I start counting calories again for a few days.

And going to the gym is gong to make a big difference but if you dont eat right your waisting your time. it can take a hour to burn 500 calories but only 5 min to eat 1000.

And in my opinion you cant think of it as a diet, diets end, this is the way you must eat for the rest of your life to be healthy, your not going to get to 180 lbs and be able to eat hamburgers and pizza everyday or stop going to the gym
Old 04-19-2011, 03:30 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Originally Posted by caramaro
i've done this and it's not good for you,not to mention it may start mood swings...i know you don't want our opinion but it's only because we are concerned....

Thanks man, but the mood swings is part of self control, i have done great. Usually one day of waking up with no food for a while and you wont want to be around me.

And ws6killer, guess i am a idiot, but the fact is you fat is stored energy, and if you arent burning calories, then what are you burning?
Old 04-19-2011, 03:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by caramaro
i stopped eating for a few days once and i swear my ******* brain quit working.....it was literally tough just to hold a conversation, and i was very snappy and moody....OP, oatmeal is a good high energy food with lots of vitamins and fiber.....you don't have to eat much, it will keep you going and clean you out.....i went to Sam's and bought a huge box of oatmeal, ate 1 package in the morning, one around lunch, and a normal dinner.....threw in jogging 3-4 days a week for about 20 mins at a time, some weight training.....i lost 50lbs in a month and a half last summer.....from 235-185 (i'm 5'10")......felt like a million bucks the whole time.....don't starve yourself bro, there are better ways, you just have to have a little discipline
Old 04-19-2011, 03:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm doing the same thing basically. It IS preferable to eat more smaller meals throughout the day, but if you work any kind of job really...you don't have that luxury lol! I just decided to do like mentioned above, count calories, reduce that intake below your break even point, and work out/do something active. Just eat healthy and exercise, real simple. Considering the sheer volume of food I ate before, I do find myself hungry more often, but that will fade as you adapt.

I've lost 50lb so far, went from 242 to bouncing around right at 190-200. I had a relationship backfire, buying a house, plus stress, no time to make "real food" etc, makes it rough, but stick with it and it will start to bleed off pretty quick.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

if oyu starve yourself, anything you do eat will go straight to fat. its called starvation mode, your body keeps everything it intakes. cardio and diet is the only safe affective way to lose weight. period. its science.

BUT, gl with your way haha
Old 04-19-2011, 03:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
And ws6killer, guess i am a idiot, but the fact is you fat is stored energy, and if you arent burning calories, then what are you burning?
Nutrious muscle...you've got a lot to learn bro, no offense!
If you want any help, just shoot me a pm.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:54 PM
On The Tree

I eat plain oatmeal for breakfast and lunch and then start running. Do this for a couple weeks and you'll loose a ton of weight.

Quick Reply: Weight loss, the easy hard way