Osama bin laden dead

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 12:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I hope it's legit.

As I lay me down to sleep, one less terrorist this world does keep. With all my heart I give my thanks, to those in uniform regardless of ranks. You serve our country and serve it well, with humble hearts you go thru hell. So as I rest my weary eyes, freedom rings and our flag still flies. You give your all, do what you must.. You're never alone because in God we trust....Amen ✞✞✞ THANK YOU!
Old 05-02-2011, 01:09 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99bluehawk
They dumped him at sea?????????? WTF??????????????? Does anybody else smell a lie??????

-Bert
its probably better that way. i mean, what were they gonna do? hold a proper funeral for him? that grave would be defiled in a matter of minutes if it were here in the US, or robbed and his corpse drug through the streets if buried over there. just seems easier this way

also, from what ive read, he was shot in the face, but that photo is fake
Old 05-02-2011, 01:29 PM
Launching!

also if you buried him, his grave would become a place of pilgrimage for his terrorist supporters
Old 05-02-2011, 01:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Right next to Megatron...
Old 05-02-2011, 01:51 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by FastB
also if you buried him, his grave would become a place of pilgrimage for his terrorist supporters
Target Practice?
Old 05-02-2011, 02:10 PM
KCS

Received 315 Likes on 213 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by SouthTexasBully
I hope the terrorists try and retaliate so we can kill more of them hodgie bastards.AND OBAMA DID NOT SUPPORT THIS WAR SO IF IT WASNT FOR GEORGE W. BUSH OSAMA BIN LADE WOULD STILL BE ALIVE..Thank you Mr. Bush for supporting us through this war...
Are you high? Obama campaigned on the promise of killing Osama bin Laden, and he did. Promise kept.

Bush sent 150,000 soldiers into Iraq to get Saddam and the "WMD's" and roughly 11,000 into Afghanistan where bin Laden was presumed to be. Not a strong indication of an urge to catch bin Laden. Oh yeah, and then theres this little tidbit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PGmnz5Ow-o
Old 05-02-2011, 02:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DONAIMIAN
Hahaha
Old 05-02-2011, 03:22 PM
Staging Lane

If he was just killed lastnight how did they get him back to the us and burn his body that quick I thought it took like 9hrs or so to cremate a body.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:32 PM
11 Second Club

Where did you get he was cremated? I only heard (again "heard" so I count it only as rumor) that he was buried in a clay coffin in the ocean somewhere.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

He wasn't killed last night, probably the day before or so. As stated in the articles posted this operation has been planned since late last year just kept from getting out to anyone except those involved. This operation was probably carried out well before last night.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FastB
I think this would of been a better idea. This would be like that bait car system cops have. Bait Osama, they could even do a TV show on how they catch them and try to play innocent.

-Bert
Old 05-02-2011, 04:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by jmurray87
He wasn't killed last night, probably the day before or so. As stated in the articles posted this operation has been planned since late last year just kept from getting out to anyone except those involved. This operation was probably carried out well before last night.
In Obama's speech, it sounded like it happened early yesterday morning (not sure how the time zone changes would position that in Islamabad or wherever) so it sounds pretty recent. It also sounded like this operation was being planned since August 2010
Old 05-02-2011, 05:33 PM
TECH Resident

Great news and a real credit to our military and intelligence community. They have basically hunted this sack a **** for 10 years and did not stop.

Last edited by 03Sssnake; 05-02-2011 at 05:39 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:48 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DONAIMIAN
Old 05-02-2011, 08:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Slash8915
Of course. It's getting closer to election time...
X2 Obama trying to act like it was all because of him lol What a joke! I hope this doesn't help him....
Old 05-02-2011, 08:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Head Hunter
Where did you get he was cremated? I only heard (again "heard" so I count it only as rumor) that he was buried in a clay coffin in the ocean somewhere.
I just asumed cause those f--kers like to blow there selfs up so I thought being cremated would be almost that way.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KCS
Are you high? Obama campaigned on the promise of killing Osama bin Laden, and he did. Promise kept.

Bush sent 150,000 soldiers into Iraq to get Saddam and the "WMD's" and roughly 11,000 into Afghanistan where bin Laden was presumed to be. Not a strong indication of an urge to catch bin Laden. Oh yeah, and then theres this little tidbit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PGmnz5Ow-o
are you high? the information used to find him was acquired during the Bush administration. furthermore, it was allegedly acquired using techniques that were labeled "torture" by Obama and subsequently banned. if KSM had been captured during the Obama administration, Osama likely would not have been killed.

and that video proves nothing. it is highly impractical to focus on capturing one man while fighting a war. the capture or killing of OBL was but one of many goals of Bush's War on Terror, dubbed "Overseas Contingency Operation" by Obama. the US was not in afghanistan to hunt down OBL. Bush explained in his 2001 war on terror speech that the goal was to take down al qaeda and other terrorist networks abroad and States that support them, including but not restricted to afghanistan under the taliban. at the end of this clip, he says that his goal is to make sure that the troops are well supplied, that the strategy is clear, and the coalition remains strong. these are all appropriate things to say during a war, not "we have to catch that guy no matter what!" remember, he was but a man. without safety, money, supplies, etc, he could no longer pose much of a threat to the US. by removing these things and actively working to destroy terrorists, Bush was able to essentially neutralize him without actually killing him.

and by the way, Obama said basically the same thing, "My preference obviously would be to capture or kill him. But if we have so tightened the noose that he's in a cave somewhere and can't even communicate with his operatives, then we will meet our goal of protecting America."

the only real difference is that Obama more or less went with the flow, and is receiving credit for killing OBL, whereas Bush took the steps necessary to achieve the end result, but received much flak for doing it.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

who cares how it happen or who caused it to happen the bastards dead and obama is taking credit same story differnt act of lord obama
Old 05-02-2011, 08:49 PM
TECH Junkie

its about to get political
Old 05-02-2011, 08:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Head Hunter
In Obama's speech, it sounded like it happened early yesterday morning (not sure how the time zone changes would position that in Islamabad or wherever) so it sounds pretty recent. It also sounded like this operation was being planned since August 2010
According to world clock it's 9 1/2 hour time difference from Dallas to Kabul, Afghan. So if what the prez said is true. The mission Carried out at 12 am Sunday afghan time... 2:30pm Sat afternoon Local Time CST.

Also Before It get too political here... It doesn't really matter which Prez get the credit for the kill, Bin Laden has been our mission since he was named responsible for 9/11/01. Mission Complete
Glad we Finnally got That SOB

Last edited by WS6tx; 05-02-2011 at 08:57 PM.