Suck it Kia haters. LOL..New SX

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 12:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe? You don't sound too sure. American cars are right up there with the Jap/Korean cars in reliability, and some even surpass their levels.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bill...that is a pretty good looking Kia. I have test drove a couple new one (2011 Optima and Sorento), along with a 2011 Hyundai Sonta. Both interiors were almost on par with my V. And i was very impressed with the build quality. I have also test drove a SEVERAL American cars, i will will agree with most...the fit, finish, and option pricing of the Koreans is better then most Americans. new Cadillacs the only ones they cant touch IMO, but that because Cadillac now seems to be operating almost independently from GM. They have decided they want to be better tehn MB and BMW. but thats why they cost a hell of a lot more. SRX to Sorento, SRX is better but 10 to 20 thousand more.

One thing that i read that is true, but told in a way that is somewhat insulting, is about the warranty. besure to get it serviced at a Kia dealer for at least through the B2B part of the warranty. a couple co workers have bought Kias (an 08 and an 09) recently, and were fight with the Kia warranty folks about coverage. just easier (IMO) to have all the dealer service do it, and that way they dont have **** to say.

But since they are still unproven (the newer ones) i was hesitate to buy one. But i am going to be watching them closely over the next year or 2 to see what kinda a issues, if any, arise.

and i will just touch on this...RedHotG8, your car is a re badged Aussie...the Chevy aveo is Korean...the fiesta and focus are European...its a global market now. whats good for one, is good for all. and if you have ever read who owns stock in these companies, then you would see that is help American people and car companies too...because the Americans are the ones investing in the "japs".

as far as buying a V, make sure you get a V2 (09+)...unless you want mine, haha...the V1 is a blast to drive and very good at doing what is was intended to do. but it is such a fickle little bitch sometimes.

Bill, you and the wife enjoy the new car...i am almost certain it will give you many years of service.
Old 05-08-2011, 01:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
Bill...that is a pretty good looking Kia. I have test drove a couple new one (2011 Optima and Sorento), along with a 2011 Hyundai Sonta. Both interiors were almost on par with my V. And i was very impressed with the build quality. I have also test drove a SEVERAL American cars, i will will agree with most...the fit, finish, and option pricing of the Koreans is better then most Americans. new Cadillacs the only ones they cant touch IMO, but that because Cadillac now seems to be operating almost independently from GM. They have decided they want to be better tehn MB and BMW. but thats why they cost a hell of a lot more. SRX to Sorento, SRX is better but 10 to 20 thousand more.

One thing that i read that is true, but told in a way that is somewhat insulting, is about the warranty. besure to get it serviced at a Kia dealer for at least through the B2B part of the warranty. a couple co workers have bought Kias (an 08 and an 09) recently, and were fight with the Kia warranty folks about coverage. just easier (IMO) to have all the dealer service do it, and that way they dont have **** to say.

But since they are still unproven (the newer ones) i was hesitate to buy one. But i am going to be watching them closely over the next year or 2 to see what kinda a issues, if any, arise.

and i will just touch on this...RedHotG8, your car is a re badged Aussie...the Chevy aveo is Korean...the fiesta and focus are European...its a global market now. whats good for one, is good for all. and if you have ever read who owns stock in these companies, then you would see that is help American people and car companies too...because the Americans are the ones investing in the "japs".

as far as buying a V, make sure you get a V2 (09+)...unless you want mine, haha...the V1 is a blast to drive and very good at doing what is was intended to do. but it is such a fickle little bitch sometimes.

Bill, you and the wife enjoy the new car...i am almost certain it will give you many years of service.
Well said!

/thread
Old 05-08-2011, 06:55 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RedHotG8
I don't think GM is the only car company, but I've always had good cars from them so why look elsewhere. My first post in this thread said how I bought my first Jap vehicle and it was a POS, so that leads to believe (along with other stories I heard) that they are all crap. If you would have bought a Ford or Chrysler product we wouldn't be having this discussion.

You said the G8 might have a better interior than your previous GM cars, which means you really haven't seen it. So your supposed knowledge of GM cars isn't as great as you say. It seems to me you're all talk, and not very good at it at that!
LOL, your the one getting schooled in this conversation. Myself and other people are bringing facts to the table..you bring nothing but your opinion. Your right, if I would have bought an American car you would not be arguing with me because you are so closed minded.

Quick Reply: Suck it Kia haters. LOL..New SX