quick rant on stupid drivers

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 12:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MIXEDBREED
I love getting the left lane and just doing the speed limit, f%$# the speeders the speed limit is the same for all lanes haha

Old 05-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Launching!

1. I hate drivers who don't use turn signals.
2. I hate it when two slow a$$ ****'s decide they want to drive at 20 mph SIDE-BY-SIDE on a two lane road.
3. I hate it when you're the only car coming down the road, and someone pulls out into your lane and then can't seem to find the gas peddle.
4. I hate drivers that feel like it's their responsibility to slow me down. MOVE B!T(H
5. I hate drivers that don't know that when in a double turn situation, YOU STAY IN YOUR LANE THROUGH THE TURN. (I'll have to make my own thread about this one.)

As my mom says... "Lead, follow, or get the fu(k out the way!"

Last edited by Ekshail; 05-12-2011 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Just HAD to add...
Old 05-12-2011, 01:58 PM
On The Tree

Wow didn't think my rant would get such a large response good for us its good to just vent some times
Old 05-12-2011, 02:29 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by cambirdracing
When I drive my Firebird and I see a semi that needs to make a lane change, I wil slow up and signal for him to get in front of me. That alone pisses more people off than anything else, haha.
Me too.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Ekshail
5. I hate drivers that don't know that when in a double turn situation, YOU STAY IN YOUR LANE THROUGH THE TURN. (I'll have to make my own thread about this one.)
Even worse.. The person in the inside lane that continues driving straight. I've personally nearly hit a plumbing truck because of this. Glad I drive defensively.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:17 PM
***Repost Police***

I love getting the left lane and just doing the speed limit, f%$# the speeders the speed limit is the same for all lanes haha
I hope you're joking...
Old 05-12-2011, 05:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

try coming to Bryan/College Station, where there are too few lanes for the amount of traffic when the students are around, and 99% of them don't know how to actually go the speed limit or use a ******* turn lane, much less actually get up to highway speeds when merging onto the highway. or they want to go 15mph UNDER the limit for several miles in front of you (even when they're at the front of the pack), UNTIL the next lane over finally clears up, then when you move over to go around them, they wanna do 5 - 10 mph OVER the limit. or they won't go past a cop in the next lane over, even when the cop is going 10mph under the limit. ******* morons.

Originally Posted by fasttagurl
I bet Dallas has the dumbest drivers! Like yesterday when it rained bad here, it took 1.5 hrs to get home and we never got above 30mph! It's WATER people, not ice!
newsflash: water can be just as dangerous as ice, both are coming in between your tires and the road......potentially even moreso, because of the people who underestimate the affect that water can have on your ability to steer/stop.

the posted speed limit goes out the window completely when there is inclement weather, because you're SUPPOSED to slow down to a SAFE speed in those cases, regardless of the posted speed limit. some people are completely unable to go faster than 30mph, or 40mph, or <insert speed here> when there is water on the road.

and even if the tires are coming into full contact with the road at however fast you're going, there's also the issue of visibility. if you try going too fast when your visibility is limited to only 15 - 20 yards ahead of you, and you have to stop suddenly, guess what? you're gonna end up sliding and hit whatever was in your way.

for instance, i was driving back home from houston one day, and it was raining like crazy, off and on....i was doing about 55mph or so in the right lane (only 2 lanes on the road), because that's what i felt i was safely able to do. there were a few people behind me that were wanting to go faster, so when it cleared up to our left, this one guy moves over, passes me, and was hauling *** at 65/70 or so. i was just thinking to myself, "you're a moron, it's raining too hard to go that fast, you should slow it down, man".....not 30 - 45 seconds later, this idiot hits a big puddle of water, starts sliding and skids off the road, spinning around about 3 or 4 times as he slides out into the field off the right side of the road. luckily, the car never flipped over, and i could see that he wasn't hurt, so i left his dumb *** sitting out in the middle of a huge muddy field to think about what a ******* moron he was.

so while it may be frustrating that you're not able to go as fast in the rain as what you & your car are potentially capable of doing, at least you're getting home safe & in one piece....because you could just as easily slide off the other side of the road into oncoming traffic, or rear-end someone and cause a huge pileup.

trust me, it only took me ONE very close call with driving too fast in the rain to make me wise up and play it safe when it's raining.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:32 PM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by 02Z28LS1
try coming to Bryan/College Station
One of my best friends lives in College Station, and he wrote a letter to reporters/elected officials talking about the problem they have with red-light runners, and they interviewed him for a story on it.

http://www.kxxv.com/category/163320/...partnerclipid=
Old 05-12-2011, 05:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by scout_miller
i believe i got caught up in the moment of that righteousness and swift deliverance of justice ushered up by that cop.

plus, i said nothing about people who slow down real fast to turn without signaling arent idiots. you took that out of context. i said people who speed or do not use their turn signal would be ok in my book. combining the two and adding another is a whole different "starry bra". LMAO

how was justice delivered if that idiot hoarding the left lane didnt get a ticket?
Old 05-12-2011, 06:43 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
One of my best friends lives in College Station, and he wrote a letter to reporters/elected officials talking about the problem they have with red-light runners, and they interviewed him for a story on it.

http://www.kxxv.com/category/163320/...partnerclipid=
yeah, traffic is a huge problem around here, because every year we get a fresh, new influx of stupid kids fresh out of high school who think they're invincible, but have little to no driving experience.....then you couple that with them not knowing how to get around, and it's a recipe for disaster....honestly, i'm really surprised that there are as few wrecks as there are around here.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:20 PM
12 Second Club

J, I believe everyday in Ft Hood is drive slow as **** day, with a bonus for cutting people off and pulling out in front of you.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:54 PM
On The Tree

im starting to agree john
Old 05-12-2011, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

newsflash: water can be just as dangerous as ice, both are coming in between your tires and the road......potentially even moreso, because of the people who underestimate the affect that water can have on your ability to steer/stop.

the posted speed limit goes out the window completely when there is inclement weather, because you're SUPPOSED to slow down to a SAFE speed in those cases, regardless of the posted speed limit. some people are completely unable to go faster than 30mph, or 40mph, or <insert speed here> when there is water on the road.
Too true. My brother totaled the '99 Formula thinking it was "just water". He tried doing 65mph on the highway on 275/285 tires, went to pass an semi, and boom no traction, just kept sliding until he jumped the shoulder and slid into the woods.

I do MAX 45mph in the rain, depending on severity of the rain, type of pavement, and wind.

For instance, this morning we had a HUGE downpour, 40-60mph winds, and I was driving on an older road that was very slick with no rain channels. Try doing the speed limit on that (60mph) and you will be wrapped around a telephone pole real quick...

Better to play it safe and live to enjoy the car another day.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:24 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by $750 L98
Too true. My brother totaled the '99 Formula thinking it was "just water". He tried doing 65mph on the highway on 275/285 tires, went to pass an semi, and boom no traction, just kept sliding until he jumped the shoulder and slid into the woods.

I do MAX 45mph in the rain, depending on severity of the rain, type of pavement, and wind.

For instance, this morning we had a HUGE downpour, 40-60mph winds, and I was driving on an older road that was very slick with no rain channels. Try doing the speed limit on that (60mph) and you will be wrapped around a telephone pole real quick...

I agree you but only to a point. If you can't do highway speeds in the rain then get off the highway. You are a safety hazard to the people behind you. I drive box trucks around Houston and I have seen slow drivers cause dangerous situations . The guys who are terrified of wet roads are just as dangerous as the over confident guys.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:27 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Texas state law states that the left lane is for passing only... so you are wrong my friend.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by $750 L98

so True, some people claim they are good drivers without knowing the basic facts and rules of driving.

The Texas Transportation code does not state a certain speed you must do when there is inclement weather, But we are in fact required to do a speed in which the vehicle is controllable not the speed limit. Get your Reading Glasses!

Sec. 545.351. MAXIMUM SPEED REQUIREMENT. (a) An operator may not drive at a speed greater than is reasonable and prudent under the circumstances then existing.

SUBCHAPTER H. SPEED RESTRICTIONS

(b) An operator:

(1) may not drive a vehicle at a speed greater than is reasonable and prudent under the conditions and having regard for actual and potential hazards then existing; and

(2) shall control the speed of the vehicle as necessary to avoid colliding with another person or vehicle that is on or entering the highway in compliance with law and the duty of each person to use due care.

(c) An operator shall, consistent with Subsections (a) and (b), drive at an appropriate reduced speed if:

(5) a special hazard exists with regard to traffic, including pedestrians, or weather or highway conditions.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by HTX
I agree you but only to a point. If you can't do highway speeds in the rain then get off the highway. You are a safety hazard to the people behind you. I drive box trucks around Houston and I have seen slow drivers cause dangerous situations . The guys who are terrified of wet roads are just as dangerous as the over confident guys.

haven't you heard of hydroplaning?

I hope I am never in your vicinity in the rain...
Old 05-12-2011, 10:48 PM
Staging Lane

Very true. I wrecked my firebird a few years ago doing 45 on the highway. Hit a puddle and hydroplaned. Spun 3 times, bounced off the center barrier, and wound up facing traffic. Luckily, my first instinct was to throw it in reverse and go. One guy almost hit me, but that got me out of the way in time. I now have a healthy amount of respect for water.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:55 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by svg210

haven't you heard of hydroplaning?

I hope I am never in your vicinity in the rain...
If you are that concerned then stay off the road. My box truck does just fine in rain so i have no problem staying on the highway at highway speeds. the danger is people going 40mph when other drivers are having to swerve around them because traffic is still flowing at 65mph.

My camaro on the other hand sucks in water. I almost never get on a highway in that thing because of how terrible it is. Like i said. If your not capable of going highway speeds on a highway then stay off. (unless of course all of traffic is driving slow due to extreme weather)
Old 05-12-2011, 10:57 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by HTX
I agree you but only to a point. If you can't do highway speeds in the rain then get off the highway.
are you delusional to the point that you actually believe this crap, or are you just mentally challenged?

do you know how many people would be out of a job (or worse) if they stayed home because they couldn't go the posted speed limit in the rain safely?

the burden is not for others to speed up to accommodate you, the burden is upon you to slow down to a safe speed when you encounter someone else going slower than you (assuming there is no way to go around them).

it is impossible for everyone on the road to go the posted highway speed in the rain, for multiple reasons....visibility & condition of the vehicle being the two major reasons. not only that but TX state traffic statutes clearly state that you are not to go faster than the circumstances allow for:

Originally Posted by TX Traffic Statutes
SUBCHAPTER H. SPEED RESTRICTIONS

Sec. 545.351. MAXIMUM SPEED REQUIREMENT. (a) An operator may not drive at a speed greater than is reasonable and prudent under the circumstances then existing.

(b) An operator:

(1) may not drive a vehicle at a speed greater than is reasonable and prudent under the conditions and having regard for actual and potential hazards then existing; and
(2) shall control the speed of the vehicle as necessary to avoid colliding with another person or vehicle that is on or entering the highway in compliance with law and the duty of each person to use due care.
(c) An operator shall, consistent with Subsections (a) and (b), drive at an appropriate reduced speed if:
(1) the operator is approaching and crossing an intersection or railroad grade crossing;
(2) the operator is approaching and going around a curve;
(3) the operator is approaching a hill crest;
(4) the operator is traveling on a narrow or winding roadway; and
(5) a special hazard exists with regard to traffic, including pedestrians, or weather or highway conditions.