10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WildBills Toyota
prolly gonna look at bmw but needs to be 4 door
Tell him to get the M5!!!
Old 05-19-2011, 01:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see a BMW pawns all thread coming soon but seriously I hate working on BMWs such a pain in the ***
Old 05-19-2011, 01:16 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

What about a $58k Hyundai? Just found out that existed in the last week...lmao

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicles/2011/equus/

Edit: Click the Ultimate button. $64,500.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:30 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1x2
What about a $58k Hyundai? Just found out that existed in the last week...lmao

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicles/2011/equus/

Edit: Click the Ultimate button. $64,500.
You have no idea how many time I've heard my dad tell me about this car..

I have told him he should go work for them I'm not buying one.

The sales guy tells him they can't keep them on the lot

I told him the are nuts.

Some **** about being the #1 selling car right now ... I don't care I don't want one.
Old 05-19-2011, 02:27 PM
On The Tree

no matter what its a Hyundai
Old 05-19-2011, 02:44 PM
Teching In

I'd say acura tl or nissan g series or better, i know a friend with a cts and he hasn't had any major issues, just a window motor so far i think, his car should have around 100k +/- miles.

I thinks i would just stay away from bmw, not too sure but i think they depreciate in value quick and i know other cars probably offer similar performance and reliability for less.

Honestly, my next car will hopefully be a g35 or cts. From my experience with my friends cars they perform well, are reliable and maintain a good resale value.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We've got an 07 tl type s and love it, we actually picked it up over the BMW's.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:51 AM
12 Second Club

Since you love toyota so much put him in an avalon, perfect for an old man.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:48 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JohnFrazee02SS
Since you love toyota so much put him in an avalon, perfect for an old man.
Never said hes an old man. He still enjoys sports cars.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:56 AM
Banned

My dad got a new cts in 08 when they first came out. Still to this day he believes its one of the best looking cars on the road and I agree. Unfortunatly, it has been one of the worst cars he has ever owned. At 2000 miles the engine had to be replaced due to cam failure issues. He has always had a horrible loud wind noise coming from the sunroof area that still to this day hasnt been fixed. They have replaced the sunroof two times. It has been in the shop for other small things here and there. Def not what you would expect from a 40k plus caddy. Now at 35k miles his timing chain broke leaving him stranded out of town on a business trip. He has tried everything with caddy including corporate and they never do anything for him. He said he is finally done with the car but has no idea what to get. Now he is going to go higher up in the ranks to see what will happen but Im sure we shoudnt hold our breathes. My question is, what other cars out there would compare to the sportiness and looks of this caddy? Need opinions of other 4 door sport sedans around the 40k price range.
2012 Hyundai Genesis R spec

5.0 v-8

429 hp

8 speed automatic

/ thread

Old 05-20-2011, 08:32 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

wow, I asked a serious question and you just wanna talk ****.
Then re-read my reply again. It is 100% accurate and you will not take any advice and will come back here and brag about whatever you decide on, and how it is the best of the best. Seen it happen a few times with you Bill. This is a routine. It isn't talking **** if it is true. How about this, quit asking for opinions about cars, simply go buy whatever you have your mind set on, and then tell us about the car without talking **** yourself. Titles like "SUCK IT KIA HATERS" sure are mature.

That Genesis above rocks BTW. Go buy that and then come tell us how great it is. Or maybe a Lexus.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:05 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Then re-read my reply again. It is 100% accurate and you will not take any advice and will come back here and brag about whatever you decide on, and how it is the best of the best. Seen it happen a few times with you Bill. This is a routine. It isn't talking **** if it is true. How about this, quit asking for opinions about cars, simply go buy whatever you have your mind set on, and then tell us about the car without talking **** yourself. Titles like "SUCK IT KIA HATERS" sure are mature.

That Genesis above rocks BTW. Go buy that and then come tell us how great it is. Or maybe a Lexus.
****, the only advice on here is buy american. Also , Did I say the Kia is the best of the best. Yes, I did brag of the quality of the vehicle because it is very nice and has made huge improvements. But never did I say its the best. Its the best bang for the buck by far and your dumb if you dont agree with that. Funny thing is, isnt this a car website? I thought it was made to ask opinions about cars and get opinions? Also, if you didnt notice my two titles were sarcastic and made to draw attention and be funny them shame on you. Not my fault. Im not a kia troll just coming on here talking crap.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

Wow, that Genesis does look nice. I think I'd op for a Acura TL type S. I think it's Dopefedz lady's car that he posted in another thread that looked real nice and still gets decent milage. Also, they have a proven track record of being nice reliable cars.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

****, the only advice on here is buy american. Also , Did I say the Kia is the best of the best. Yes, I did brag of the quality of the vehicle because it is very nice and has made huge improvements. But never did I say its the best. Its the best bang for the buck by far and your dumb if you dont agree with that. Funny thing is, isnt this a car website? I thought it was made to ask opinions about cars and get opinions? Also, if you didnt notice my two titles were sarcastic and made to draw attention and be funny them shame on you. Not my fault. Im not a kia troll just coming on here talking crap.
Pretty much all the replies in this thread are NOT American besides a CTS was mentioned. The rest have been BMW, Lexus, Acura, Hyundai.

Lets read before replying.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:03 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

****, the only advice on here is buy american.
If you feel that way, then why even ask here?

Also , Did I say the Kia is the best of the best. Yes, I did brag of the quality of the vehicle because it is very nice and has made huge improvements. But never did I say its the best. Its the best bang for the buck by far and your dumb if you dont agree with that.
I'll just say I vote differently with my own wallet. I wouldn't buy a Kia personally. Well, maybe as a beater car that I could treat as a rental.

Funny thing is, isnt this a car website? I thought it was made to ask opinions about cars and get opinions?
This is a GM performance vehicle and engine website. It is based on GM performance engines and cars. Not Kia's or Tundras. Don't be ignorant to think the opinions here won't lean as such. Ask the same opinions on a Kia site and you'll probably get a bunch of Kia fanboi's agreeing with you, and hating GM vehicles.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:39 PM
TECH Resident

But Tony, where would the Texas section be without Wildbills import car whoring, Dragaholic's endless used sale "bargains", or retardedpenguins used car lot that rivals most salvage yards on Shepherd? We need this to keep status quo.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

^^^good stuff. Lol.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by A-Dub
But Tony, where would the Texas section be without Wildbills import car whoring, Dragaholic's endless used sale "bargains", or retardedpenguins used car lot that rivals most salvage yards on Shepherd? We need this to keep status quo.
So true ^^^
Old 05-20-2011, 02:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Lincoln MKS w/ Ecoboost
Old 05-20-2011, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm thinking some one on this thread is favoring the ecoboost. Not sure who though.