End of he World?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 11:40 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XtremeBBQ
thats kind of a sheepish response.
people centuries ago also thought bloodletting got rid of illnesses and there were dragons and witches. you going to let them decide for you as well?
i'm just saying, looking at the world today and what science has accomplished and proven about how we have evolved, why do you have 'faith' in one area like religion, and dont have faith in things like unicorns and loch ness monster? can you prove they aren't real?
its purely cultural, do you think you'd have the same mindset and beliefs if you grew up in 1970's India? sorry, no. you'd be hindu and think christianity was a load of BS because you knew no different.

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
religion is a joke and was a way to conform a mass society of people to try to live by a set standard of morals/ethics/standards. To help coerce people to do right and not wrong, and if you do, you will be rewarded an amazing afterlife. ala heaven

alas, this is a terribly short version, or awful cliffnotes if you will, but the down right fact is a lot can happen in a span of ~4.5 billion years time. It is unfathomable to most people as it means our life span on this earth is just a blink of the eye.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:05 PM
On The Tree

this is when that medstudent with the c6z jumps in and disproves the existence of God using the mating patterns of south american ***-mites as proof.

as for me, im not religious, but i believe God can be neither proved or disproved. im with Pascal. may as well live as he says, because theres nothing to lose, but so much to gain if you bet on God. consider the inverse. you live an amoral life because you dont believe in God, and then if he is there, you're fucked lol
Old 05-22-2011, 01:05 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Jake_the_Snake
this is when that medstudent with the c6z jumps in and disproves the existence of God using the mating patterns of south american ***-mites as proof.

as for me, im not religious, but i believe God can be neither proved or disproved. im with Pascal. may as well live as he says, because theres nothing to lose, but so much to gain if you bet on God. consider the inverse. you live an amoral life because you dont believe in God, and then if he is there, you're fucked lol
^ pascals wager is quite interesting. you leave out the idea that if you believe in the god of christianity, as well as all the thousands of others, just to cover your bases, that it has no idea what you are doing to and is fine with it. quite the contrary. the bible says that god knows every single one of your thoughts, therefore, he will see the dubious plan you are trying to pull on it and be pissssssed!

just keep in mind that the christian god made you for his PLEASURE. strange that god is perfect and omnipotent, but possesses human like qualities like jealousy and need for pleasure and self gratification.

"...thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Revelation 4:11"

just keep in mind that if you dont whole heartledly agree and worship, that you will be banished forever into torture.

i like the analogy of having a disobedient kid, and locking them into the basement for not 'loving you' and then killing them. same philosophy.
given 'free will' yet punished for using the minds we were given to reason and determine there was not enough evidence to make a clear decision out of thousands of gods.
but its all about looooooove!!!
Old 05-22-2011, 02:00 PM
Banned

people are quick to point out a flaw against religion but will not be as quick to point out ACTUAL flaws against science

people will bash Christianity because some crazy guy killed someone and then he "claims" to be Christian. when in actuality he is doing the exact opposite of what Christianity teaches, so if anything he is non-christian..... but people are quick to point out something like this and say it's religions fault

that shows the true ignorance and desperation of someone trying to bash on something without having any viable evidence

also, most people do not know that the reason why hitler did what he did was because of the evolution theory...... in actuality the evolution theory was the real reasoning behind ww2

most people dont know that, nor will they talk much about it, nor will they be quick to point the finger at science saying science is bad because here is a REAL example of science being the reason of creating mass murder on a scale of which the world hasn't seen until then

in actuality from a scientific perspective what hitler did was a good thing

Old 05-22-2011, 02:45 PM
Launching!

why do you say man is the only one that does wrong things like murder?
check this out:

http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot....-in-bible.html
Old 05-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Banned

someone is really reaching.....

Old 05-22-2011, 03:28 PM
Launching!

i'm even using your own book to prove you wrong. pretty easy isnt it?

all in all, after reading the many stories of oppression, genocide, superstition and outlandish stories, the god of the christian bible is NOT someone i would want to worship.
sounds more like a tyrant to me.

you should look into a peaceful religion like zen budhism! its got all of the good qualities from the bible, but without all the hate like killing cities of men and children and keeping the women as spoils to be raped.
^by the way, that was an actual story in the bible, pretty awesome huh!!! bet they dont teach that at bible camp! LOL!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2011, 03:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why is lunchmeat round and bread square?
Old 05-22-2011, 03:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SHovV
i like biscuits

Old 05-22-2011, 04:38 PM
On The Tree

lmao, so are we all really just brothers an sisters? lol
Old 05-22-2011, 04:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SHovV
You just blew my mind!!!! Round bread would roll off the table?
Old 05-22-2011, 05:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ruthless Robbie
people are quick to point out a flaw against religion but will not be as quick to point out ACTUAL flaws against science

people will bash Christianity because some crazy guy killed someone and then he "claims" to be Christian. when in actuality he is doing the exact opposite of what Christianity teaches, so if anything he is non-christian..... but people are quick to point out something like this and say it's religions fault

that shows the true ignorance and desperation of someone trying to bash on something without having any viable evidence

also, most people do not know that the reason why hitler did what he did was because of the evolution theory...... in actuality the evolution theory was the real reasoning behind ww2

most people dont know that, nor will they talk much about it, nor will they be quick to point the finger at science saying science is bad because here is a REAL example of science being the reason of creating mass murder on a scale of which the world hasn't seen until then

in actuality from a scientific perspective what hitler did was a good thing

Are you ******* kidding me?? Sources or GTFO.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" ~Carl Sagan

Last edited by texas94z; 05-22-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by texas94z
Are you ******* kidding me?? Sources or GTFO.

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" ~Carl Sagan

this is common knowledge, please read a book.....

hitler was a very intelligent and very good speaker, but did you ever ask yourself how his speeches turned an entire country of people to rally behind him against the mass murder and extinction of certain races of people and to "cleanse the world"

his whole reasoning was the human race

the "perfect race" would be blonde hair, blue eyed people that are disease free according to hitler and his top scientist

in the human race category the jews were the worst and then the africans...... he wanted to kill off all the retarded, handicap "psychically and mentally", deformed, and then clear out entire races of people that were at the bottom of the gene pool

by doing this hitler, as well as all his scientist, as well as the rest of his country felt that he would get rid of bad people in the world and start a new breed of the perfect race of humans for the next generation

this is common knowledge

Old 05-22-2011, 06:51 PM
On The Tree

robbie is correct. the point of hitlers genocide was gene pool cleansing. just an artificial version of "survival of the fittest"
Old 05-22-2011, 08:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
religion is a joke and was a way to conform a mass society of people to try to live by a set standard of morals/ethics/standards. To help coerce people to do right and not wrong, and if you do, you will be rewarded an amazing afterlife. ala heaven
You have a funny screen name for someone who doesn't believe in God. Shouldn't it be "Powered by the Antithesis of Someone Who Doesn't Exist and therefore also Does Not Exist"?
Also, your assumption about religion is completely flawed. I'm getting my rewards right here, right now. I'm not waiting to die to have my faith rewarded. I am blessed every day and see my prayers come to fruition (of course only the unselfish ones) every day. That's where non-believers are really missing the boat. If you would just take a leap of faith and ask God to come into your life, you would be a first-hand witness to the grace and power. If you take the leap and nothing changes in your life, what harm was there? It was just some harmless words that meant nothing, that noone heard and couldn't have possibly had any effect on the outcome of your life. If you had ever asked and nothing happened, then you would have a little more credibility when arguing that there is nothing there.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99FRC
You have a funny screen name for someone who doesn't believe in God. Shouldn't it be "Powered by the Antithesis of Someone Who Doesn't Exist and therefore also Does Not Exist"?
Also, your assumption about religion is completely flawed. I'm getting my rewards right here, right now. I'm not waiting to die to have my faith rewarded. I am blessed every day and see my prayers come to fruition (of course only the unselfish ones) every day. That's where non-believers are really missing the boat. If you would just take a leap of faith and ask God to come into your life, you would be a first-hand witness to the grace and power. If you take the leap and nothing changes in your life, what harm was there? It was just some harmless words that meant nothing, that noone heard and couldn't have possibly had any effect on the outcome of your life. If you had ever asked and nothing happened, then you would have a little more credibility when arguing that there is nothing there.
i thought about asking, but i think i am to flawed and have made to many mistakes to be forgiven. what do you think?
Old 05-22-2011, 10:22 PM
Teching In

There is no sin so big or so small that would God wouldn't forgive..a sin is a sin just like a lie is a lie, the point is that God sees your heart he said come on to me all who thirst and all who are hungry if u want to be forgiving there is no better person than Jesus himself to forgive he gave himself up he dies for us in the cross for us. All he wants is for us to recongnize that we are siners we are still human and God knows that, he is a loving merciful and forgiving God. There is no human that is perfect and without a sin and if they say they are they are calling God a lier, we make mistakes every day so every day we need to ask for his forgivness....one simple example, if lie what does that make u? a liar....if u steal what does that make u? Even if its something small its all the same in Gods eyes so he forgives all and everything...God knows ur reasons ur excuses but the only thing that matters to him is that u come to him. One day he will come and one day we will be face to face with him so weather u decide to believe or not in the end we are all going to be on to him. "Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth, and let ur heart cheer tee in the days of thy youth and walk in the ways of ur hear and sight of ur eyes but know this, that for all these thing God will bring u into judgment" (Ecclesiastes 11:9) God bless u men and let God be ur gide do what u know is right cuz sometimes what ur heart wants is not what ur heart needs!
Old 05-22-2011, 10:48 PM
12 Second Club

I def believe in GOD but yes have to falling short with sin over and over too many times and then feel as though I don't deserve forgiveness so don't pray. - Stupid but happens.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99greenls1
There is no sin so big or so small that would God wouldn't forgive..a sin is a sin just like a lie is a lie, the point is that God sees your heart he said come on to me all who thirst and all who are hungry if u want to be forgiving there is no better person than Jesus himself to forgive he gave himself up he dies for us in the cross for us. All he wants is for us to recongnize that we are siners we are still human and God knows that, he is a loving merciful and forgiving God. There is no human that is perfect and without a sin and if they say they are they are calling God a lier, we make mistakes every day so every day we need to ask for his forgivness....one simple example, if lie what does that make u? a liar....if u steal what does that make u? Even if its something small its all the same in Gods eyes so he forgives all and everything...God knows ur reasons ur excuses but the only thing that matters to him is that u come to him. One day he will come and one day we will be face to face with him so weather u decide to believe or not in the end we are all going to be on to him. "Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth, and let ur heart cheer tee in the days of thy youth and walk in the ways of ur hear and sight of ur eyes but know this, that for all these thing God will bring u into judgment" (Ecclesiastes 11:9) God bless u men and let God be ur gide do what u know is right cuz sometimes what ur heart wants is not what ur heart needs!

that is great news brother!

but what if ive done something as bad as what mark states in Mark 3:29?
"but anyone who blasphemes the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven. This is a sin with eternal consequences.""

does jesus not let me in to magical fun carnival land with extra popcorn and chocolate bars then?

Old 05-22-2011, 11:14 PM
Teching In

Yes the bible says that is a sin but it also says that those who repent and dnt look back will be forgiving ...that's verse is talking abt those who repeatedly keep doing it and don't care, but if u know ur doing it and u have a change of heart he will forgive u and have a change of heart for he loves u and we are sons and daughters of the Lord. But if u know ur doing wrong and u keep doing it with knowledge its much worse ....God does as he pleases God speaks so we can listen those who decide not to and ignore his word have already chosen their destiny and will not be a good one God is not going to force u he wants u to love him as much as he does