bought me a fake hugger ss......fml

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 09:57 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default bought me a fake hugger ss......fml

this is going to be long so il try to shorten it up if so just skip to bottom

well ever since i started liking cars there has been certain cars that i will say i would like to own,one of those cars is a 1999 hardtop,m6,hugger orange,ss.

i finally came across one on the boards in the classifieds about 2 years ago, https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...-15-000-a.html so i talked to the buyer seemed straight up honest guy,so i drove to deer park,tx see the ultimate production 4th gen in my eyes.boy was it everything i expected and more.i was ready to buy but a title issue came up so i had to wait on my dream car,so i waited bout 3weeks checking in periodically to check on the title and nothing.so i said screw it im not waiting any longer i need another lil project and bought me a white hardtop 6spd z28.well time goes by i sell the white z,pick up a sonic blue cobra,mod it sell it.then after i sold my cobra i needed another project car.......so i had a bright idea,maybe just maybe he still has the hoss.so i contact him here via pm.that was around early february 2011 now and BAM he still has but his ucle currently owns it but its for sale.so again we talk and we arrang a date so i could come see it agian.man was i so happy,so happy,i make sure to ask about title situation and its a good title and its in his position.so i get the vin to verify everything,carfax,slp,but being so excited/busy/dealing with maybe honest seller i just never took the time to call slp,dumbest move ever.....fml

here we go again driving to deer park tx,this time im bringing my baby home.my god i see the car again,granted its been 2 years so im ******* super excited like sex for the 2nd time,you know 1st time a lil scarry.car runs good,etc,lets make this happen,so i buy the car,drive it all the way to san marcos,tx

well a couple months go buy and i rarely drive my cars so it sits in the garage and then i run into a thread in the limited edition section https://ls1tech.com/forums/special-e...y-2-built.html and gets me thinking about hardtop ss m6 with hugger orange paint getting chrome zr1s.hmm maybe my car is one of the few with chrome zr1s so i go to the garage and look for the options from slp,dang no slp stickers on passanger door or driver door, so a little doubt comes in,so i check the codes on door and look for wu8,and nothing.....sob sets in but maybe just maybe theres hope so i call slp and give them my vin #.it was a female and she says nope its not one of our cars ,she then replies well lets try again and once again no sir its not in our registry,sorry.damn felt like i was punched in the gut!

after that happened i got to thinking well atleast its a hugger orange z28 hardtop 6speed and it looks like an ss.i tried to like my car now and i just cant so i call slp one more time on 5/23/11 just to verify my stupidity and again its not a real ss,damn so it finally got thru in my head that this is not my dream 4th gen.

somewhere along the line of owners someone knew it wasnt a real ss cause obviously someone cloned it and sold it and screwed someone over and that person knew it or maybe not,anyways i got the short end of the stick now and its gonna be posted for sale as ss clone and clearly put its not a real ss so this does not happend to another person.im selling this car now cause i dont want two z28s,and im gonna get me another car that ive always wanted a 89-93 notchback,roll up windows prefered,white.

for those that skipped heres the highlights
car when i first saw it.link
https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...-15-000-a.html

thread that got me thinking of my hoss
https://ls1tech.com/forums/special-e...y-2-built.html

morral of story is if your gonna buy a camaro ss call slp so it wont happend to
you.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:11 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those guys are such **** who really cares fbodys arent worth **** these days anyway
really mine is the only 98 red ta with speedline wheels with a lq9 with no ciggarete lighter with aftermarket radio and black ice pine tree, 1 of 1
Old 05-23-2011, 10:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn that sucks.

But you shouldn't let a sticker keep you from loving the car.. I know you had your mind set on the real thing.

GL with whatever you buy.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:23 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ramairracer
those guys are such **** who really cares fbodys arent worth **** these days anyway
really mine is the only 98 red ta with speedline wheels with a lq9 with no ciggarete lighter with aftermarket radio and black ice pine tree, 1 of 1
your right there really not worth much
but maybe if you always wanted a red hardtop m6 firehawk and you finally get it just to find out its really just a red firebird how would you feel.

i wouldnt make it a big deal but i just feel like a waisted my time with this car cause now i have two z28s,why would i want to of the same cars
Old 05-23-2011, 10:26 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSHAWK
Damn that sucks.

But you shouldn't let a sticker keep you from loving the car.. I know you had your mind set on the real thing.

GL with whatever you buy.
yeah i tried and its not the same thing cause i know its just a z28,only reason i bought it cause i thought it was a hugger ss hardtop m6,but its not.
i tried keeping it for about a month but one of these z28s has to go and i think its the hugger i cant see myself getting rid of my black car.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:26 AM
TECH Resident

The only difference is the sticker.. LMAO The hood and spoiler actually look like OEM pieces.. I would keep it.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I've never really bought fbodies for there value. I just have them becuz I enjoy driving them. But I can understand how it feels when it's just not the same.
I bought my 02 onyx black ss brand new, payed off, built the motor for it. Everything was built by me. Never anyone else worked on it or drove it but me. I sold it for grown up reasons. No car will ever be the same. Guy I sold it to dissapeared. I wanted buy back. Don't know what became of it.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:08 PM
10 Second Club

Nathan sold you that car knowing it was not a real SS I originally owned the car. I put the oem SS hood and spoiler from a totaled hoss on it, that is why it matches so well. The car was originally an all option auto Z28 with tan leather interior. You do not own a SLP done SS, but the car had everything from the HOSS transferred to it. I aggree he mislead you. Here are some other pics from the 6 years I owned it.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:19 PM
10 Second Club

Thats some fucked up **** he did that!!! Knowing it wasn't a true SS.

Glade to see the first owner come out and tell everyone what it really was.

It's still a nice looking car..
Old 05-23-2011, 12:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

so you bought an auto hugger z28 and thought it was a HOSS ss, m6.

sucks man, seemed like you wanted to pay a little extra for the real deal and got screwed
Old 05-23-2011, 01:17 PM
TECH Junkie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeo0_3gN190
Old 05-23-2011, 01:29 PM
TECH Junkie

I'd be pissed, u paid a premium price for something that it isnt. He missrepresented the car, he should atleast throw some cash your way since he lied.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:38 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Knowing that he mislead you, I would be pissed as well. If he honestly didn't know, that would be a dif story.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:41 PM
Staging Lane

I know what you are going through. I made a 6 hour drive to look at a beautiful ws6, I asked guy many times if it was a real ws6 he keeped telling me yes. I asked for pic of door stickers and he couldnt send them, turned out it wasnt a real ws6, no codes on door. I was pretty mad I dragged family for a 6 hour road trip to just find out it wasnt what we were looking for. Good luck with your search.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

That's pretty shitty. I wouldn't have bought it just because Mike owned it.....

Old 05-23-2011, 02:16 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DopeFedZ
That's pretty shitty. I wouldn't have bought it just because Mike owned it.....
thats fucked up lol
Old 05-23-2011, 02:55 PM
11 Second Club

did you deal with nathan or the uncle? the uncle might not have known. I was looking into buying this car for a while before his uncle bought it but couldnt sell my truck quick enough before his uncle bought it. Here is a link to a "whats it worth" thread i made on this car.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-mem...lp-please.html

He told me straight off that it was a clone but didnt bother me because its a sick car.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:03 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by INVISIBLEZ
Nathan sold you that car knowing it was not a real SS I originally owned the car. I put the oem SS hood and spoiler from a totaled hoss on it, that is why it matches so well. The car was originally an all option auto Z28 with tan leather interior. You do not own a SLP done SS, but the car had everything from the HOSS transferred to it. I aggree he mislead you. Here are some other pics from the 6 years I owned it.

lmao it just gets better,i knew this car had some history,and felt it was raced once i brought it home i really,really looked it over and noticed no back bumper support,no swaybar,line lock.then it had 3.42s......hmm got to thinking this car probly had another rearend but never jacked up the car to really get underthere.

Last edited by fly pantera; 05-23-2011 at 04:13 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:09 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SSHAWK
Thats some fucked up **** he did that!!! Knowing it wasn't a true SS.

Glade to see the first owner come out and tell everyone what it really was.

It's still a nice looking car..
yeah kinda shitty,no where in his for sale ad did he say that its a z28,he did say that he probly left some stuff out.lol

well atleats know i know and il get rid of it or my other car,the hardtop hugger still looks badass,but invisible how come when you posted in his thread you didnt metion it wasnt a real ss,just wondering,but thanks for given me the real details in the car

Last edited by fly pantera; 05-23-2011 at 04:22 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:12 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ravenous T\A
I'd be pissed, u paid a premium price for something that it isnt. He missrepresented the car, he should atleast throw some cash your way since he lied.
oooo man sounds good but this is the real world,i probly wont be seing any cash.
im the kinda person that never really gets pissed and sometimes it sucks to be that way.
moral of the story never trust no one and call slp if you really want a ss

Quick Reply: bought me a fake hugger ss......fml