Corvette c7 info

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 09:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BLINGOLE
It'll be ok, i remember guys flipping out when the ls1 came out. Everyone was like oh the aluminums weak, thats why theres 6 bolt main caps, ya da da. Now look, the ls1 was a hero to us.

but anyways I work at a dealership that is number 2 in for corvette sales and we heard threw the wood work that wont be mid engine, perhaps not even turbocharged, but it will be smaller displacment in SOME models. I heard 5 liters and around 500hp? Were see though. What i was bummed out about is the fact that the ls7 is near its end and the 7.0l will be lost and were go smaller cubes, but in return i heard they will still be larger and more powerful engines then recent years availible.
i've heard the 5 liter rumor as well. conjures up thoughts of the old dz 302. lol.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLINGOLE
It'll be ok, i remember guys flipping out when the ls1 came out. Everyone was like oh the aluminums weak, thats why theres 6 bolt main caps, ya da da. Now look, the ls1 was a hero to us.

but anyways I work at a dealership that is number 2 in for corvette sales and we heard threw the wood work that wont be mid engine, perhaps not even turbocharged, but it will be smaller displacment in SOME models. I heard 5 liters and around 500hp? Were see though. What i was bummed out about is the fact that the ls7 is near its end and the 7.0l will be lost and were go smaller cubes, but in return i heard they will still be larger and more powerful engines then recent years availible.
cuz dealerships know everything.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I'm guessing nobody wants to read the entire article.

"Significantly, Corvette won’t abandon its more classic powertrain roots entirely. There will be several different types of engines offered for the C7, including a more classic, big-block OHV V-8 designed to appeal to traditionalists."

The only rumor I've heard is a 5.5L Direct injection v8. Which produces similar numbers to the current LS3 but more improved fuel economy. But that is all rumors.

Personaly, I have no problem with anything that says v8 and turbo in the same sentence. Using the phrase, euro style is just to broad. I rarely see a turbo v8 in anything "euro". High revving yes, v8 turbo no. Just b/c an engine is high reving, why is it considered "euro". I'm enticed, and a mid engine turbo v8 vette sounds interesting

Last edited by redz_02; 06-03-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:43 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by redz_02

"Significantly, Corvette won’t abandon its more classic powertrain roots entirely. There will be several different types of engines offered for the C7, including a more classic, big-block OHV V-8 designed to appeal to traditionalists."

The only rumor I've heard is a 5.5L Direct injection v8. Which produces similar numbers to the current LS3 but more improved fuel economy. But that is all rumors.

Personaly, I have no problem with anything that says v8 and turbo in the same sentence. Using the phrase, euro style is just to broad. I rarely see a turbo v8 in anything "euro". High revving yes, v8 turbo no. Just b/c an engine is high reving, why is it considered "euro". I'm enticed, and a mid engine turbo v8 vette sounds interesting
It's because 90% of the people posting on this have no clue wtf they are talking about... I get a kick out of reading some peoples post...
Old 06-03-2011, 11:54 AM
HTX
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by redz_02

I guess you didn't want to read the entire thread. That has already been posted twice.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:56 AM
HTX
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
It's because 90% of the people posting on this have no clue wtf they are talking about... I get a kick out of reading some peoples post...
And you do know what you're talking about? I didn't realise you were on the engineering team designing the new vette. Please enlighten us.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:04 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by HTX
And you do know what you're talking about? I didn't realise you were on the engineering team designing the new vette. Please enlighten us.
I have a very good understanding of turbo'ed smaller motors (Porsche, Lambos, etc...). Probably a LOT better than 99% of this thread. I also am more familiar with the LS1 than anyone here... How many of you went 8's over 6 years ago with a n2o LS1? Wait nobody that's posted here in this thread... So please enlighten me how you know more about any of this than I do?

And just an FYI the majority of this conversation has been about the motor and nothing else. I did see the "spy photos of a C7" a few years ago in Motor Trend or Road and Track. It looks like they ripped off a lot of things from the Ferrari as far as exterior goes. As long as they keep the rear drivetrain the same as they have (minus the ZR1) it's going to still be its weakest link... Again how do I know? NVR4GET (my little brother) had a C5 for a very long time with a LS2 427 and a 300 shot. Prior we ran heads/cam, cam + n2o, etc... So we are very familiar with how weak it is.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HTX
I guess you didn't want to read the entire thread. That has already been posted twice.
Nope, read the whole thread. Just a little reminder.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:18 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
I have a very good understanding of turbo'ed smaller motors (Porsche, Lambos, etc...). Probably a LOT better than 99% of this thread. I also am more familiar with the LS1 than anyone here... How many of you went 8's over 6 years ago with a n2o LS1? Wait nobody that's posted here in this thread... So please enlighten me how you know more about any of this than I do?

And just an FYI the majority of this conversation has been about the motor and nothing else. I did see the "spy photos of a C7" a few years ago in Motor Trend or Road and Track. It looks like they ripped off a lot of things from the Ferrari as far as exterior goes. As long as they keep the rear drivetrain the same as they have (minus the ZR1) it's going to still be its weakest link... Again how do I know? NVR4GET (my little brother) had a C5 for a very long time with a LS2 427 and a 300 shot. Prior we ran heads/cam, cam + n2o, etc... So we are very familiar with how weak it is.
The fact that you had a fast car doesn't mean you are all knowing. That just means you had money to throw at your car. So that is a really dumb argument. And I never said I knew more than you but you sure seem to have a very high image of yourself... I figured you must have been on the design team.

Last edited by HTX; 06-03-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 04:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A very senior GM executive also confirmed that the new engine will be turbocharged, which will help yield a broad torque curve and maximum performance under a variety of driving conditions. The engine is expected to deliver in excess of 400 horsepower, which means a specific output in the range of 125 horsepower per liter.
at least this will get those "it's all about hp/liter" fucktards to shut the **** up finally.....
Old 06-03-2011, 05:08 PM
On The Tree

ill nvr have the money to buy one so i dont care what it has but i would like it to stay v8 because im just partial to them

Quick Reply: Corvette c7 info