In-N-Out Burger ... Opening Day In Texas

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile In-N-Out Burger ... Opening Day In Texas

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/65...es-longest-lin...

Just wondering if anyone saw this ridiculous crap.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:07 PM
Teching In

Yes, I went that day and it was that bad. I ended up going somewhere else.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

I noticed there was an original thread with some pics, but I never saw any video.
Old 06-03-2011, 06:09 PM
TECH Regular

i cant imagine why anyone would wait in a line like that to get a hamburger..
Old 06-03-2011, 07:55 PM
On The Tree

^ cuz its from california, therefore its the best. all the hipsters had to go on opening day and take pictures of their food with their iphones and post it on facebook to show everyone how dumb they are lol
Old 06-03-2011, 09:27 PM
TECH Resident

LOL@ Vid, those folks are nuts...In-N-Out is way overrated...I ate quite a bit of In-N-Out while working on an A&E project in LA, production crew kept ordering that ****. I really failed to see what the fuss was about, it was decent, but by no means the end all, be all burger they make it out to be. I would personally take a whataburger over one any day. My favorite around here is the little bitty burger barn at antoine/tc jester..

Last edited by 03Sssnake; 06-03-2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 03Sssnake
LOL@ Vid, those folks are nuts...In-N-Out is way overrated...I ate quite a bit of In-N-Out while working on an A&E project in LA, production crew kept ordering that ****. I really failed to see what the fuss was about, it was decent, but by no means the end all, be all burger they make it out to be. I would personally take a whataburger over one any day. My favorite around here is the little bitty burger barn at antoine/tc jester..
LOL.. Whataburger is trash compared to In-N-Out! The difference is the quality and freshness of In-N-Out compared to everybody else. You being from Texas, so you are already sold on the 'Nothing taste better than stuff back home mentality." When you go In-N-Out your food looks exactly like it does on the menu and the taste is always good no matter which one you go to. Plus look at all the workers when you go to it. They are clean and presentable, not trashy, or disgusting looking, or attitude issues like we are inconveniencing them.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 03Sssnake
In-N-Out is way overrated.
This. I went out of my way to try it in Vegas & was SEVERELY disappointed. Haven't bothered about it since.

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
LOL.. Whataburger is trash compared to In-N-Out! The difference is the quality and freshness of In-N-Out compared to everybody else. You being from Texas, so you are already sold on the 'Nothing taste better than stuff back home mentality." When you go In-N-Out your food looks exactly like it does on the menu and the taste is always good no matter which one you go to. Plus look at all the workers when you go to it. They are clean and presentable, not trashy, or disgusting looking, or attitude issues like we are inconveniencing them.
The ONLY thing I did take away from InO was that 5 mins before your fries were fries, it was a solid potato. Still didn't make the food desirable.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
It was a better than average burger at best. I recall saying that to one of the production guys and he went on tirade with regard to how you should order it, and it's best this way, or you should eat it standing on your ******* head etc... I am not buying it, its bullshit. In-N-Out is just relentless hype nowadays and like most things coming out of California, esp SoCal, once you take it out of that world, it just doesn't stand up to the hype.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:52 PM
LS7 Member

Whataburger > In & Out Burger

I've had I&O several times and was never blown away...
Old 06-04-2011, 12:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

I think its cuz In-N-Out is a Cali thing... People from cali would say the same about whataburger sayin that it isnt all that either.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by LAYGO
This. I went out of my way to try it in Vegas & was SEVERELY disappointed. Haven't bothered about it since.

The ONLY thing I did take away from InO was that 5 mins before your fries were fries, it was a solid potato. Still didn't make the food desirable.

Everything about In-N-out is fresh.. Their beef isnt some frozen patty thats been sitting there for 2 weeks. Everything about their food is fresh, and not leftover stuff from a day before. I think workers even have to take a class to make a burger, i know that sounds dumb, but that is why their food is fresh and taste great everytime. Workers even have to shave arms/face to make sure nothing gets in your food.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:28 AM
Now you have my attention

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UTEvo8
Whataburger > In & Out Burger

I've had I&O several times and was never blown away...
In and out is just a tad cheaper.

But the quality is also a tad less than whataburger, IMO.

I love all the secret menu stuff at in and out though, flying dutchman FTW.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:04 AM
9 Second Club

while i stationed in cali i tried it cause i heard from all the Californians it was the absolute best fast food restraunt period. i thought to myself, really the best, i gotta try this. one of the guys i was stationed with (native Californian) said to order a 4X4. i said where is it on the menu. he said its a secrete menu thats not posted. Huh??? Not posted??? WTF is that all about? Well i tried it, it was 4 1/8th pound patties with some weird **** on it, dripping in grease, so much the little bunns were completely soaked. all i could taste was the grease. the french fries were ok at the best, they would be better if they ever changed the grease they fried them in, and that was the same at every in-n-out i went to. needless to say i was not impressed at all. its all hype greasy nasty hype. what-a-burger is on a whole other level, and is much better, by far.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Frostys>Whataburger>In N out
Old 06-04-2011, 02:27 AM
TECH Resident

Everyone knows McDonalds has the freshest burgers anywhere!!!

Where's this In and Out at in Texas?
Old 06-04-2011, 03:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

DFW area.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:03 AM
11 Second Club

I've had InO several times when I lived in cali, the only good thing about it is the food is fresh and made to order. Their burgers are still frozen just like anyone else. Fries are good, but you have to ask them to burn them or else they are soggy.

It was cool, no way would I wait in that line like the video, and no way is it the "best burger" It's a good fast food burger, but that's about all it is, "fast food"
Old 06-04-2011, 07:53 AM
LEO
TECH Addict

Some people have way too much time on their hands if they can sit around for hours waiting on a damn burger. They would have to be giving out $100 bills and even then I only wait for 2 hours.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Im a californian. In &Out is good but I have had better. I hate the lines, but the employees are all white english speaking clean cut kids that have a brain. Austins location will be open in august.

Quick Reply: In-N-Out Burger ... Opening Day In Texas