GM's new CEO doesn't like the idea of big cube, 530+hp performance cars

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 11:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by -Ross-
LOL at this guy ALWAYS bringing up people's financial status. He clearly has issues in this department. Maybe it's because he is the poor MF'er in his circle of friends?

You NEVER EVER make a point much less any sense in your posts. Sure. You're trying...Notice, I spelled "you're" correctly...But, you always seem to just make yourself look like an idiot and a douche bag.

These hardcore GM guys have every right to complain about a new CEO elect coming in and insinuating big cube, big torque, and big power making engines are useless. Most of these guys are GM loyalist and customers. Like I said, they have a right to complain or voice their negative opinion. It doesn't make them "close minded Americans". I love how you made that statement almost in a way as if you consider yourself "non-American". That's typical of you, so I'm not really surprised.
Hmmm...it was just a matter of time before my number one hater shows up..I'm surprised it took you this long..
U just can't help it huh?

You are so right..I'm poor...But at least I'm trying..and be open to change if it's better...

That article was about money..that's why I brought it up.. GM is trying to make money and improve their company by producing cars that more people will buy!!!

Maybe if they weren't so close mind and listen to these hardcore people you're talking about, they would have needed to leeched on the government and our tax money for their bail out..which goes back to my comment about close minded people...maybe if they weren't so close minded, they would advance in life, both financially and mentally!!!

Hating on me is not going to make your life any better...
Old 06-07-2011, 11:38 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah Ross...my grammar and spelling suckss..

But I'm sure most people understand what I was trying to say...

I didn't call anyone poor or a douche or an idiot..just expressing my point of view on why GM is trying to move forward with their company!!
Old 06-07-2011, 11:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Blue_GTO1199
Him and retardedpenguin must be friends.
What's wrong with trying to advance in life financially?

My parents left everything they had and came to this country so they can provide for their kids and give them the opportunity to have a better life. I'm not going to just sit back and not try to better myself and let my parents sacrifices go to watse!

Don't be like Ross...he is just a hater.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say this is a major fail!
Old 06-08-2011, 12:13 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sc300
Hmmm...it was just a matter of time before my number one hater shows up..I'm surprised it took you this long..
U just can't help it huh?

You are so right..I'm poor...But at least I'm trying..and be open to change if it's better...

That article was about money..that's why I brought it up.. GM is trying to make money and improve their company by producing cars that more people will buy!!!

Maybe if they weren't so close mind and listen to these hardcore people you're talking about, they would have needed to leeched on the government and our tax money for their bail out..which goes back to my comment about close minded people...maybe if they weren't so close minded, they would advance in life, both financially and mentally!!!

Hating on me is not going to make your life any better...
Here's a valuable life lesson. Ill only say it once so remember it... When you take something that is a niche, well refined and specific thing and water it down to make it palletable to the average person you will lose what defines that thing.

If gm wants to make more world/ eco friendly vehicles let them make new models. You would think they learned this lesson in the eighties. Corvettes aren't meant to be a car for everyone to drive. If this article does indeed relate to the vette .... then its a real shame.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:49 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Deceptikon
Here's a valuable life lesson. Corvettes aren't meant to be a car for everyone to drive. If this article does indeed relate to the vette .... then its a real shame.

you are right, the vette is not a car for everyone..most of these "LOYALISTs" have never even driven a vette or even own one!!!

well here is a lesson for u and some of you "loyalists"

before you bitch and whine about certain a product/car..atleast GO OUT AND BUY ONE, and support the company...
Old 06-08-2011, 01:27 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote from a recent Detroit News article.

The Corvette is now a global sports car, not just an American sports car. GM is going to attract many new customers that normally looks towards European makes.

QUOTE]

i guess GM is finally getting smart..and stop listening to a bunch of close minded Americans!!!!!!

some of you guys are so close minded that you keep yourself from growing..financially and/or mentally!!!!!!
**** your dumb.

What's wrong with trying to advance in life financially?

My parents left everything they had and came to this country so they can provide for their kids and give them the opportunity to have a better life. I'm not going to just sit back and not try to better myself and let my parents sacrifices go to watse!

Don't be like Ross...he is just a hater.
If Ross is a hater, your a shitbird. I dont care about your family and their sacrifices, and most people dont give to dirty poops about your opinion because your so ignorant at every chance you get.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:08 PM
8 Second Club

Ignorance is bliss... Size of the motor doesn't mean **** when it comes to street cars. I like how everyone makes this big deal about how it's ruining GM. I've had an LS1 way before many of you and I'm glad to see them branching out. They were getting **** on by everything (except for first year of the C6 Z06) with the current "huge motor"... Now you can bring up the ZR1, but when you put a limited production car vs the big boys limited production cars it wasn't **** either... Hell Ferrari's 458 made more power NA with a LOT smaller motor than the ZR1 did with a big motor and a blower LOL.

And then of course it always comes up "Well the cost of the Corvette is so much less and I can mod it and be faster..." Your right... But at the end of the day it will always just be a Vette... As sad as that is to say. I've had one (2000 FRC) and I had a huge part in helping my brother out working on his C5 as well.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
Ignorance is bliss... Size of the motor doesn't mean **** when it comes to street cars. I like how everyone makes this big deal about how it's ruining GM. I've had an LS1 way before many of you and I'm glad to see them branching out. They were getting **** on by everything (except for first year of the C6 Z06) with the current "huge motor"... Now you can bring up the ZR1, but when you put a limited production car vs the big boys limited production cars it wasn't **** either... Hell Ferrari's 458 made more power NA with a LOT smaller motor than the ZR1 did with a big motor and a blower LOL.

And then of course it always comes up "Well the cost of the Corvette is so much less and I can mod it and be faster..." Your right... But at the end of the day it will always just be a Vette... As sad as that is to say. I've had one (2000 FRC) and I had a huge part in helping my brother out working on his C5 as well.

Well said... So it doesn't matter what they do to it less cubes/more cubes it will always just be a vette.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:28 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by rabiddog
Well said... So it doesn't matter what they do to it less cubes/more cubes it will always just be a vette.
The biggest thing to me is why people are getting mad about the motor. It will continue with the style of the current generation Vettes. They are still a gorgeous car and have a big place in my heart when it comes to any LS based car. It will be fast they are just changing things up. People act like it's the end of the world!
Old 06-08-2011, 02:33 PM
On The Tree

The biggest thing to me is why people are getting mad about the motor. It will continue with the style of the current generation Vettes. They are still a gorgeous car and have a big place in my heart when it comes to any LS based car. It will be fast they are just changing things up. People act like it's the end of the world!
I hear ya.

Hell as long as it continues to be a good looking car that stays a fun car to drive I will be happy. I am not going to make any judgement until I see what they come out with.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:43 PM
8 Second Club

And before people start calling me a hater see the picture of myself...

GM's new CEO doesn't like the idea of big cube, 530+hp performance cars-mbpzh.jpg
Old 06-08-2011, 02:47 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,696 Likes on 1,215 Posts

Originally Posted by Deceptikon
Here's a valuable life lesson. Ill only say it once so remember it... When you take something that is a niche, well refined and specific thing and water it down to make it palletable to the average person you will lose what defines that thing.

If gm wants to make more world/ eco friendly vehicles let them make new models. You would think they learned this lesson in the eighties. Corvettes aren't meant to be a car for everyone to drive. If this article does indeed relate to the vette .... then its a real shame.
This is one of the most intelligent posts I've seen on this website in quite a while. Sadly, many people will probably not even notice, understand or read it.

But at the end of the day it will always just be a Vette...
You may see that as a negative, but not everyone would agree with you. There are people who drive cars more expensive than yours, and they might look down on your car as well. Doesn't mean their opinion is worth a ****, though. Buy what you like and like what you buy.

Size of the motor doesn't mean **** when it comes to street cars
Yes, actually it does. Ideally you'd want the largest displacement with the smallest external dementions and weight...this would be the best of both worlds. Look at the external size of many DOHC engines compared to the LS series.

The biggest thing to me is why people are getting mad about the motor.
Rumors that forecast a small displacement, OHC V8 twin-turbo setup are bad news for Corvette. It's extra complexity, extra weight and likely larger external engine dementions.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:56 PM
TECH Regular

its because alot of people are ignorant!!!

they dont like progress...

remember when we used to bitch back and forth about imports vs domestics??? fun times..LOL

but i see that you and your brother are driving porsches now..and i have had either a vette or viper the past 7 years..

IM glad GM is also trying to move forward..and open the market to a wider range of people..I also heard that they are coming out with a new Viper that is similar to a european car. my friends used to make fun of me for driving a Viper, but with new look of the viper, they are even considering getting one!!
Old 06-08-2011, 02:56 PM
8 Second Club

So what you are saying is at the end of the day people are mad because **** won't be simple to mod anymore... Can't just throw a cam in it and be done... Production motors will always change and people will always end up modding them. It just won't be as easy at first.

And yeah there are people with nicer cars than me that look down at the car. My car is worth nothing close to what I have in it (And like the Vette yeah I'm faster than any high dollar production car, but when it comes to resell it's still JUST a 2002 Porsche). At the same time I'm not going to argue a point "I can mod it and it will be faster so it's better". I am sorry if that's how you think, well you are a dumbass in my opinion... Sorry...
Old 06-08-2011, 03:03 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Speed Density
**** your dumb.

If Ross is a hater, your a shitbird. I dont care about your family and their sacrifices, and most people dont give to dirty poops about your opinion because your so ignorant at every chance you get.
LOL...

YUP...im so ignorant because i like positive changes and advancement.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:09 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

At the same time I'm not going to argue a point "I can mod it and it will be faster so it's better". I am sorry if that's how you think, well you are a dumbass in my opinion... Sorry...
Well, if it makes you feel better to put words in my mouth and then call me a dumbass based on your statements, then so be it. This is usually what people do when they've run out of anything else useful to say, it just makes your position look weak.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:13 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Well, if it makes you feel better to put words in my mouth and then call me a dumbass based on your statements, then so be it. This is usually what people do when they've run out of anything else useful to say, it just makes your position look weak.
So you are one of those people that hate on nicer cars because they cost to much money... So if you make something faster than it for less money they are a piece of **** to you... I figured so much. Also when you started bringing up how these smaller motors are going to be bigger and heavier than current LS motors. Wrong... Wrong... Wrong... The fact you looked at just Fords motor really proves the point you have NO clue what you are talking about...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-08-2011, 03:16 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

LOL...

YUP...im so ignorant because i like positive changes and advancement.
This implies that what YOU see as positive MUST be the same as everyone else.....quite conceited.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:19 PM
Teching In

that article makes me sad... gm should build what people want, and damnit all have pride in your brand, why wouldnt you want to be the best out there?

mediocrity almost killed the brand once... is this really the path GM needs again?