So Im at walmart getting gas today.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 10:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SSHAWK

I busted out laughing at the office when I read this. I understand what your say though.

I go to Parkland hospital twice a week and see the same homeless man every day. He has one hand and no feet seats in the wheelchair on the corner.

I have done the Google maps guess who’s in the picture at that corner yup same guy.

I do feel sorry for this man like you said you know when someones really homeless and not faking it.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&su...2&ved=0CAQQtgM

HAHAHAHA that's hilarious that he's on the google maps street view. I just lol'ed in class.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:37 AM
Banned

thats not funny, we dont know his history

maybe he was a vietnam vet that got his legs and arm blown off from a grenade

or maybe he was in a tragic car wreck with his family where the drunk driver killed everyone but him although he lost his limbs in the process...... and now has no family or job to fall back on

i know 2 specific homeless people just like that

people that laugh at someone like this is a shallow piece of **** and a detriment to society and the exact reason why society is in a downward spiral

Last edited by Ruthless Robbie; 06-14-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

I dont have anything against homeless ppl but the people that ask for money that are just to lazy to get a job can go screw themselves. I work on the Ticket machines in dallas for the trains. I cant tell u how many lazy bastards ask me for money or a ticket. It really pisses me off that im WORKING and they have the ***** to ask me for money. **** YOU! I aint workin to pay for ur crack! If u go to a gas station will they give u a free gatoraide? Doubt it so why the **** would I give u a free ticket? Which I cant even do cuz I dont have the ability to even print off tickets!!

Sorry lol...all I know is Id be broke if I gave everyone money that asked for it. Everybody wants something for nothing.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

We have them at the malls here really bad. It scares me mostly because my wife goes to the mall alone alot and im always scared one of these asswipes is going to get his money one way or another. Im about to move down there just to get away from this area, its getting entirely to ghetto for $150,000 homes.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chrismikeb
I dont have anything against homeless ppl but the people that ask for money that are just to lazy to get a job can go screw themselves. I work on the Ticket machines in dallas for the trains. I cant tell u how many lazy bastards ask me for money or a ticket. It really pisses me off that im WORKING and they have the ***** to ask me for money. **** YOU! I aint workin to pay for ur crack! If u go to a gas station will they give u a free gatoraide? Doubt it so why the **** would I give u a free ticket? Which I cant even do cuz I dont have the ability to even print off tickets!!

Sorry lol...all I know is Id be broke if I gave everyone money that asked for it. Everybody wants something for nothing.
A buddy of mine drove past a guy in dallas holding up a sign that said "Why lie, I want booze". He handed him $50 and said at least your honest and drove off.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:16 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The homeless shelter here in Austin will drop them off at their corners in the morning and pick them up at the end of the day. Extreme liberal city at its finest.

They may provide job training, substance abuse counseling, etc. but I haven't checked into it. I'm a fan of teach a man to fish, rather than giving him a fish. Granted, the severely disabled will always need help, and I have compassion for them.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:19 PM
TECH Junkie

I feel sorry for the limbless man or the elderly, but the physically fit can go **** themselves or get paid to do a service of that type for all I care.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:09 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah I'm glad we don't have a lot of that going on around here. As for the physically disabled, there is a lady who is a greeter at the local Wal Mart with no legs(not even nubs) and one arm, and she drives her electric wheel chair to work. I applaud her for doing something with her life while so many other perfectly able people just wait on a hand out. Everybody needs some kind of help from time to time, but most of those people just need to get off their *** and get to work.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

I tell them to ask Obama and walk off
Old 06-14-2011, 05:39 PM
Teching In

The ones I see here in Colorado really **** me off. I always see people that have a piece of cardboard that says JUST LAID OFF NEED MONEY HAVE 2 MONTH OLD BABY..............well if you were just laid off that means you were just working and are fully capable of working. SO why cant you work now. YOU can stand there in the same spot for 9 hours holding that sign. why cant you wash dishes for golden corral or somthing. These people are not homelless! they are scammers. If I ran across someone that needed help I would. But most of the ones here can do somthing different about the situation they are in if they are truly in need of money. As far as the guy on the google maps goes. That is the saddest thing i have ever seen. People like that deserve better and I think instead of the citys wasting money on stupid redicouls things should look into helping him out and others in that situation.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TWS
The homeless shelter here in Austin will drop them off at their corners in the morning and pick them up at the end of the day. Extreme liberal city at its finest.

They may provide job training, substance abuse counseling, etc. but I haven't checked into it. I'm a fan of teach a man to fish, rather than giving him a fish. Granted, the severely disabled will always need help, and I have compassion for them.
It's pretty bad downtown Austin. There are usually 150-200 plus around the ARC on 7th street. I have been dealing with the same bum's for about 6 years now. I used to feel sorry for them, but after managing a bar for 2 years on 6th and bartending another 4 (side job) I could really care less now. Have caught multiple ones trying to break into the back patio to steal liquor/beer. Have a friend that was raped by one. Have had multiple ones swing at me b/c I wouldn't let them in the bar. Hell two weeks ago a 40 year old woman was sucker punched on camera by a bum just for her purse. She was in a comma for a week.

Truthfully after becoming familiar with them for the past few years, none of the ones that frequent downtown are ex-military or ex-anything. Alot were bum's transplanted from Katrina and so on. Everyone of them that I know has an extreme alcohol or drug problem, and yes I do talk to them. Plus they are never sober. Not all of them are bad but just extremely weak willed, and have usually mooched off of everyone around them to the point that they have no where to go but the bottle.

Sucks b/c for the very few that are physically unable to work they get surrounded by all the other crap. Work for 10 plus years around downtown bar areas like i have and you'll get your fill.

Ps to Robbie, but I think he's laughing at the fact that he's there so much that the google maps truck pictured him, not that he is missing two legs and one arm.

Last edited by redz_02; 06-14-2011 at 05:49 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:49 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ruthless Robbie

or maybe he was in a tragic car wreck with his family where the drunk driver killed everyone but him although he lost his limbs in the process...... and now has no family or job to fall back on

people that laugh at someone like this is a shallow piece of **** and a detriment to society and the exact reason why society is in a downward spiral

dude he was laughing because it was on google maps... not because of the way he was. damn

but i once saw a group or mexicans holding signs saying that they were for the vets taking donations. they were in full acu's but had no sort of badges, name tags.. nothin. its like they just took the uniform and thought of this elaborate scheme to get money. if you asked what unit they were in or for they just gave you this dipshit look and walked away
Old 06-14-2011, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

If they have a sign similar to this:

I usually laugh and am VERY tempted to give them some change.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:48 AM
TECH Regular

and besides, who runs walmart gas in their car?
I didn't know Walmart had different gas than others
Old 06-15-2011, 11:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68
I dont I was actually putting gas in the seadoo while I was waiting for someone there.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68
Not to threadjack, but walmart uses murphy usa for a gas supplier. Murphy si not recognized as one of the top tier fuel suppliers and most people will tell you to stay away from them. The one by my house never gave me any problems (only used it when i had to) but they recent switched to offering ethanol or non ethanol fuel so they got rid of 91 to use the pumps for 100% 89.

for more info on top tier gas:

http://www.toptiergas.com/retailers.html
Old 06-15-2011, 12:02 PM
On The Tree

Walmart gets their gas from the same place that the truckstops Love's and Flying J do. It is actually the same storage tanks that most shell stations in houston get their gas from. I used to haul gas out of there... Funny how so many products come from the same exact place and tanks but people are stuck on brands. I bet that Nature's Own bread and H-E-B bread are different too right? Wrong again.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:08 PM
10 Second Club

Lets make this clear I'm not laughing at him at all !! I'm with you on this we don't know his story.. Like I said in my post you know when someone is really homeless and not faking it... This guy I feel sorry for and understand why he's there everyday... My thing is I lol when I did a goggle search and he was there shows how much he's there. You know goggle doesn't update the pic's every year so you can only guess how long it's been.

But laughing at someone like this is a shallow and that I'm not.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

******* lazy no good beggars.here I stand taking lunch and these immigrants outside thi burger king are doing landscaping in 100° weather. Yet these bums on the side of the road begging for crumbs. Cant find any work?? Give me a ****** break.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:37 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NemeSS
******* lazy no good beggars.here I stand taking lunch and these immigrants outside thi burger king are doing landscaping in 100° weather. Yet these bums on the side of the road begging for crumbs. Cant find any work?? Give me a ****** break.
Well said.