Anyone gotten bad gas from 290 & Huffmeister Exxon?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 09:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone gotten bad gas from 290 & Huffmeister Exxon?

I'm so pissed right now. Car is surging bad and is struggling to start. She was running fine all day and then I put twenty bucks in, drove to kroger shopped and then when I started to drive home it started surging. When I got home in was struggling to idle. When a shut if off and tryed to re start ot cranked forever first and still wouldn't idle. Pumps priming fine, I can only think its the gas. Anyone gotten bad has in the area lately?
Old 06-14-2011, 12:35 AM

Was there a truck offloading fuel at the gas station while you were filling up? I made that mistake once and now if there is a truck offloading i just go to another...I really do believe it stirs up particles in the tanks and then increases the possibilities of getting in your tank.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:30 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tooslooooow
Was there a truck offloading fuel at the gas station while you were filling up? I made that mistake once and now if there is a truck offloading i just go to another...I really do believe it stirs up particles in the tanks and then increases the possibilities of getting in your tank.
Very true.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:49 PM
Launching!

i filled up at that very station yesterday and my navigators fine but then again i put regular not premium in it... but like said earlier if you got a tank full of gas with particles and crap in it you may have a clogged fuel filter also.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:09 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I occasionally get bad gas from Taco Bell, but never from Exxon.

My Camaros get Shell or Chevron, nothing else. Don't buy from Exxon.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:48 PM
-M-

OP: Sounds to me like you are encountering fuel issues from the car itself, not the gas station. If you ran it damn near empty, you could have burned up the fuel pump. just because you hear it priming doesn't mean its sending the required fuel. test it and make sure.

What "particles" are you speaking of? because when gasoline is made, its clean without particles. its sealed in sealed containers with adjustable ceilings so there is no air to move around. then its pumped into a truck, which is completely clean inside, which is then transported (never opened) to a gas station and pumped into the holding tanks which are also sealed from day one not allowing anything other than gasoline pumped in. and just for ***** and giggles, there are how many filters in and out of the tanks? I take it that people who buy race gas throw out the remaining gallon or so in the drum for all the particles"? Yeah, I dont buy it. I do however, only pump gas in the cooler time of the day so the fuel isn't evaporating as its pumped into my car. ever notice how when pumping fuel into a car on the highest setting you smell fumes like a ****? put it on the first notch and see how much fumes you smell....
Old 06-14-2011, 08:05 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by -M-
OP: Sounds to me like you are encountering fuel issues from the car itself, not the gas station. If you ran it damn near empty, you could have burned up the fuel pump. just because you hear it priming doesn't mean its sending the required fuel. test it and make sure.

What "particles" are you speaking of? because when gasoline is made, its clean without particles. its sealed in sealed containers with adjustable ceilings so there is no air to move around. then its pumped into a truck, which is completely clean inside, which is then transported (never opened) to a gas station and pumped into the holding tanks which are also sealed from day one not allowing anything other than gasoline pumped in. and just for ***** and giggles, there are how many filters in and out of the tanks? I take it that people who buy race gas throw out the remaining gallon or so in the drum for all the particles"? Yeah, I dont buy it. I do however, only pump gas in the cooler time of the day so the fuel isn't evaporating as its pumped into my car. ever notice how when pumping fuel into a car on the highest setting you smell fumes like a ****? put it on the first notch and see how much fumes you smell....
^^^owned...particles from filling tanks is a myth. my childhood neighbor drives a fuel truck and never speaks of this...
Old 06-14-2011, 09:00 PM
Launching!

The green handle means diesel.... Dummy
Old 06-14-2011, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by -M-

I agree with what you are saying in a perfect world. But, unfortunately, not every truck, fuel, oil etc on the planet is 100% clean. One trucking company may be #1 in the world but what about the last? Are his trucks as clean as vendor #1? Not getting in a pissing match, but, i do think **** happens from time to time.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by -M-

With regard to particles...I believe the poster was referring to the elusive red matter.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:03 AM
-M-

I agree with what you are saying in a perfect world. But, unfortunately, not every truck, fuel, oil etc on the planet is 100% clean. One trucking company may be #1 in the world but what about the last? Are his trucks as clean as vendor #1? Not getting in a pissing match, but, i do think **** happens from time to time.
I can understand a mom and pop joint in the middle of BFE that eats children left in the candy isle.

BUT were talking about a chain company here... its cheaper to have clean gas than to repair 100 cars that roll through in a couple of hours... trust me, no pissing match at all, nor did i intend it to begin with...
Old 06-16-2011, 02:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Are you sure it isn't something unrelated ? I had this exact scenario happen after filling up and assumed I had gotten some bad fuel, but it ended up being a broken valve spring.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:05 PM
Launching!

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Yes his truck is as clean as the first! I drive one & believe me when I tell you that that truck is checked & rechecked for contaminates and or leaks before it is loaded by the plant Op.. This is to assure QC so it don't cost the plant big $$ down the line. And yes I have had more than one trailer rejected for being dirty or a "small" leak.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:19 PM
Staging Lane

OK OK everyone calm down lol. Finally got some time to look into it.
Sequence of events: Was at a 1/4 tank, got gas, Raced new camaro, kroger, drove home.
Started her up today and she was running 100% fine. So I wanted to see if it would mess up again after warming up. It did and I barley got it home. I noticed the voltage was under 13 volts so I tested the battery and alt. Seems I over spun my alternator, the regulators bad and it's taking a **** now. Still don't think I could be causing all these problems though. So once the alternator is replaced all dive into everything else. Gas and fuel pump is on the list still since my injector pulse doesn't sound right. I'm hoping the Texas heat didn't kill my Racetronix pump either.

Anyone here recommend what underdrive alt pulley to buy? I Idle around 900.

Originally Posted by TWS
I occasionally get bad gas from Taco Bell, but never from Exxon.
My Camaros get Shell or Chevron, nothing else. Don't buy from Exxon.
90% of the gas in Houston and surrounding area comes from Exxon refineries. The only difference from Shell, Exxon, Cheveron, ect. is the additives in the gas, which are added when the fuel is unloaded. Gas station are no longer affiliated or owned by the gas companies themselves, the gas station pay for the brand name and for the type of gas/additives they receive. Gas companies do not have the responsibility of inspection, changing tanks, managing the equipment at the stations anymore. The owners are responsible for all of it.
Bad gas comes from poor station maintenance and owners adding stuff to the gas to increase profits(It happens).

Particles in gas do happen, not from the refinery/tanker side of things because of the steps taken/mentioned above but, on the gas station side of things. In a perfect world we wouldn't need fuel filters.

Going to pick-up my check then off to the parts store

Quick Reply: Anyone gotten bad gas from 290 & Huffmeister Exxon?