Bad Crash at LMP

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 03:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn Troy, nice analogy. I think *** rag pretty much nails it, because I wouldn't even wipe my *** with their work
Old 06-20-2011, 03:09 PM
10 Second Club

you wanna make sure they have the same bugs on the front grill too?? gees
Old 06-20-2011, 03:17 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BrianC98Z28
you wanna make sure they have the same bugs on the front grill too?? gees
Old 06-20-2011, 03:18 PM
Teching In

Hey fellows,let's all be glad Chris didn't get hurt.Let's also be reminded that we all go hauling *** down tracks in excess of 100mph+ and as we all know,**** happens. Instead of pointing fingers and assessing blame,this wreck should make everyone think about installing a cage and harnesses,because they work.Most street cars I see have lots of go parts,but no safety parts. Learn from this. Larry/Badman
Old 06-20-2011, 03:25 PM
8 Sec Tuner

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Retarded? All else equal, equal cars, you are saying a 600 rwhp centri beats a 600 rwhp PD blower setup from a roll?

Please explain. Your logic defies physics. We aren't talking all-out max builds here, it was a statement comparing equal HP setups. Of course the centri dominates all-out racecar builds, except when the turbo(s) arrive.

Having built,driven,raced and tuned many setups. I can say that a centri car pulls harder in the upper rpms. Where the roots,tvs,screw blowers seem to run out of steam.

Take two identical 500 RWHP 2010 Camaros one with a maggie and one with a Procharger. The Procharger car wins!!

Now if you want to talk seat of the pants feeling below 4K rpms..Then the postive displacement blowers shine!

But who races below 4k?
Old 06-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Launching!

I am glad Chris didn't get hurt, don't think that I am lost on that perspective. I was actually behind him on Genoa Red Bluff Friday night at about 10, but I was in my 18 wheeler and was having a hard time keeping up with him lol. Its a shame that such a beautiful car like that got destroyed. Thankfully he's ok
Old 06-20-2011, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

Regardless of what shop Chris H. went to...
Regardless of what his set-up was...
Regardless of if he heeded warnings or not...

Chris is a SUPER-UBER polite, respectful guy. I hope he recovers quickly and with no major injury.

Lets not bash Chris. **** happens. He met his threshold and now has to deal with the loss. I hope he is able to put this past him and remain a part of the scene.

It's pretty obvious, in time, the truth will come out about this whole accident. Tune, set-up or a combination of reasons "WHY".

Chris is the victim here, we should refrain from attacking him. I'm VERY glad he had the roll-cage installed, he was thinking very smart.

Chris H. I hope for a swift recovery.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:45 PM
8 Sec Tuner

Agreed Chris is a super nice guy! All of us at G-FORCE wish him a speedy recovery!

Looks like its time for a 2012 ZL1 Camaro!!
Old 06-20-2011, 03:45 PM
Launching!

Joe, as far as I've seen, nobodys bashing Chris. Just sayin'
Old 06-20-2011, 03:46 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
Having built,driven,raced and tuned many setups. I can say that a centri car pulls harder in the upper rpms. Where the roots,tvs,screw blowers seem to run out of steam.

Take two identical 500 RWHP 2010 Camaros one with a maggie and one with a Procharger. The Procharger car wins!!
Are you saying your profit margin on the Procharger is better? LOL

Both Camaros making 500 rwhp, heat soaked, no way. And your CTS-V with its 630 rwhp wouldn't run quicker down the track if that thing had a 630 rwhp Procharger instead of the TVS. None of these examples are maxing out any Whipple/TVS/KB - they aren't "running out of steam" at 600 rwhp. Beyond 700 rwhp, sure. Don't forget that I have a centri that pushes nearly 700 rwhp too, I know how they feel.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:54 PM
8 Sec Tuner

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Are you saying your profit margin on the Procharger is better? LOL

Both Camaros making 500 rwhp, heat soaked, no way. And your CTS-V with its 630 rwhp wouldn't run quicker down the track if that thing had a 630 rwhp Procharger instead of the TVS. None of these examples are maxing out any Whipple/TVS/KB - they aren't "running out of steam" at 600 rwhp. Beyond 700 rwhp, sure. Don't forget that I have a centri that pushes nearly 700 rwhp too, I know how they feel.
Actually we make more money on the Maggies...
Old 06-20-2011, 04:07 PM
On The Tree

Wow that is some serious damage. Im glad he is ok. I hate to see someones car in that condition.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Chris is a nice guy, sucks that this happened. Hopefully he'll have a speedy recovery.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:10 PM
TECH Resident

To lighten the mood and go off topic:

My fav of the night(that I took a pic of)

Old 06-20-2011, 04:42 PM
Staging Lane

Glad the driver is ok and i hope he recovers quickly.

Admin Vs. Sponsor
Old 06-20-2011, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by strokerblackhawk
i knew it was only a matter of time till one of those A.R.D. hack jobs went into the wall glad the owner was ok but the guy from h-town camaros is a dumb *** me and rooster tried to warn these guys about A.R.D. and we got our posts deleted and banned from their web site so technically its partially his fault because he did everything in has power to cover up all the evidence we provided to them showing A.R.D. was a POS shop so no one would get screwed, well i guess it only took someone loosing their ******* car before the tards over on h town camaros will listen. WELL ARE YOU LISTENING NOW? A.R.D. SUCKS and always has.
Total BS right there... no one got banned.. When you come in posting exactly like you're posting here... WTF are we supposed to do leave it all there, talk about a dumb *** trying to get his point accross. I refer people to a lot of shops based on where they live and what they need done. I'll shoot you a thread over on H-Town where I referred G-Force in the middle of everyone else saying ARD. Referred someone else to LMR last week for a gear swap. This was a horrible accident and we've been modding these cars for a couple years now with zero issues. You guys follow it and you know it. But you're still waiting to pounce on anything bad you hear. Others are right, it was bound to happen as we start pushing into 600+ range no matter what shop. I got to 610 and backed off it after my last race in Phoenix... I was at LMP, but you didn't see my car there, so don't think this incident has changed my views any, it just confirms I was pushing a limit I didn't feel comfortable pushing.

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
They're more interested in protecting a buddy-buddy sponsor than protecting their members. Cash is king
Randy you know better... they need our money... we don't need theirs, the same as any business. I'm sure we'll get a chance to discuss later.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LarryG
Hey fellows,let's all be glad Chris didn't get hurt.Let's also be reminded that we all go hauling *** down tracks in excess of 100mph+ and as we all know,**** happens. Instead of pointing fingers and assessing blame,this wreck should make everyone think about installing a cage and harnesses,because they work.Most street cars I see have lots of go parts,but no safety parts. Learn from this. Larry/Badman
I am glad Chris didn't get hurt, don't think that I am lost on that perspective. I was actually behind him on Genoa Red Bluff Friday night at about 10, but I was in my 18 wheeler and was having a hard time keeping up with him lol. Its a shame that such a beautiful car like that got destroyed. Thankfully he's ok
Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
Agreed Chris is a super nice guy! All of us at G-FORCE wish him a speedy recovery!

Looks like its time for a 2012 ZL1 Camaro!!
Originally Posted by Blackfly
Regardless of what shop Chris H. went to...
Regardless of what his set-up was...
Regardless of if he heeded warnings or not...

Chris is a SUPER-UBER polite, respectful guy. I hope he recovers quickly and with no major injury.

Lets not bash Chris. **** happens. He met his threshold and now has to deal with the loss. I hope he is able to put this past him and remain a part of the scene.

It's pretty obvious, in time, the truth will come out about this whole accident. Tune, set-up or a combination of reasons "WHY".

Chris is the victim here, we should refrain from attacking him. I'm VERY glad he had the roll-cage installed, he was thinking very smart.

Chris H. I hope for a swift recovery.
Originally Posted by 98goldz28
Glad the driver is ok and i hope he recovers quickly.

Admin Vs. Sponsor
Originally Posted by JUISSD
Chris is a nice guy, sucks that this happened. Hopefully he'll have a speedy recovery.
On a good note... his x-rays came back clean and he's just going to have to get over the sorness. I know he appreciates the well wishes from you guys too.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by mlee
On a good note... his x-rays came back clean and he's just going to have to get over the sorness. I know he appreciates the well wishes from you guys too.
Glad to know he is ok

Motrin will be his friend.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mlee
Randy you know better... they need our money... we don't need theirs, the same as any business. I'm sure we'll get a chance to discuss later.
You're absolutely right Mike, we've talked about this and I do know better on your part. The rest of the guys that mod that site, I'm sorry, I'm just not impressed
I've read Chris' posts, and he seems like a great guy, and that's besides the fact that several people whose opinions I respect have vouched for him. Thats great, I don't have anything bad to say about him. I feel really bad about his car. I feel that it could have been avoided, that's all.

I'll tell you what, let's make a wager on how long it is before another one of your cars has an ARD related issue. You interested? I feel my odds are real good
Old 06-20-2011, 06:47 PM
On The Tree

I'll tell you what, let's make a wager on how long it is before another one of your cars has an ARD related issue. You interested? I feel my odds are real good
I'll take that bet... as long as I can pick another shop and do the same... believe me, they all have their skeletons...