Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
Htownracing circa 2003/2004 was good.
Truth has been spoken.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mlee
On a good note... his x-rays came back clean and he's just going to have to get over the sorness. I know he appreciates the well wishes from you guys too.
That's great news!
Old 06-23-2011, 03:10 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Optimus WS6
Truth has been spoken.
Did we miss the bro-date to the Senna movie? With the move and all I haven't kept up with anything it seems like!
Old 06-23-2011, 11:47 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
I never realized there was so much ARD hate on LS1Tech. Honestly, I've not really read much about them, good or bad, in the last decade here. Besides, you can't blame the shop when the customer is who wanted to push that much power through a stock longblock. Kabooms happen, regardless of shop. If some of you are just using this as an opportunity to bash ARD, then grow the hell up. Those complaining about being banned on other sites, your posts are pretty evident of how you probably acted over there. Just sayin'
so your saying i shouldn't have warned the guys over there after they screwed me plus numerous friends over. not to mention the last 3 or 4 midnight madness's A.R.D. have been the ones oiling the damn track down and causing clean up delays.

and as for what rooster was saying, i was at the stereo shop right by A.R.Ds shop i heard a really healthy ls1 going through the rpm's. well i went outside to see what it was when i see roosters car come flying down that little road i was kinda like WTF why is he out on a public street beating the **** out of a customers car (i guess he was "tuning" it) well he goes back to the shop for a while and then i hear it again but this time after what sounded like 4500 rpm the car started detonating like crazy so i expect him to stop but no id say he did at least 10 nitrous rips with the car detonating its *** off. and im talking about HARD dig launches i was honestly surprised it didn't blow up. When i asked rooster about it he told me it was there getting re-tuned for nitrous and shortly after that i believe his setup kinda went to hell on him youd have to ask him for specifics. But my point is who in their right mind would continue to run a car that was detonating so bad it sounded like the car was backfiring.....

Tony you are an admin and the site creator i just cant believe you haven't heard at least some of the horror story's from that shop...

not trying to be a dick i just hate seeing people get robbed

Last edited by strokerblackhawk; 06-23-2011 at 12:40 PM.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Heh, yeah ARD is good at that. They took my car out into the street (public road) and launched it hard enough to break my U joint.
They also:
-Cut a hole in my trunk
-Used miss matched manifolds
-Left vacuum ports open
-Didn't adjust throttle cable or bleed the brakes (ever tried stopping at a red light without brakes?)
-Used a crank spacer and 4l80e plate with a 4l60e trans/verter
-Gave me a LQ4 not LQ9 (ran cometic graphites = 8.5:1 compression)
-Never re-ringed/refreshed the motor as I paid for
-Floated the valves trying to use LS6 springs with a Torquer V2 cam
-Installed a 255 pump without a sock
-Destroyed my Painless harness with butt splices
-Ran the fuel pump wire over the trans, causing a short and stranding me (lucky it didn't catch fire)
-Never hooked up my stock gauges claiming it was "impossible" (I made ALL 1989 gauges work with stock LS1 senders)
-Never installed a thermostat
-Welded the exhaust manifold to the collector (with a 1/2" gap)

ARD builds cars with wanton disregard for their customers safety or quality of work. I understand every shop has "hiccups", but this is far from the occasional "oops we forgot". I also have pictures and parts of the things I listed.

This isn't an attempt to hijack, but since it's come up, I'd feel better knowing that people have a fair warning about ARD.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:38 PM
On The Tree

Wow, I never thought when I posted this thread it would get all the way here.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by $750 L98
Heh, yeah ARD is good at that. They took my car out into the street (public road) and launched it hard enough to break my U joint.
They also:
-Cut a hole in my trunk
-Used miss matched manifolds
-Left vacuum ports open
-Didn't adjust throttle cable or bleed the brakes (ever tried stopping at a red light without brakes?)
-Used a crank spacer and 4l80e plate with a 4l60e trans/verter
-Gave me a LQ4 not LQ9 (ran cometic graphites = 8.5:1 compression)
-Never re-ringed/refreshed the motor as I paid for
-Floated the valves trying to use LS6 springs with a Torquer V2 cam
-Installed a 255 pump without a sock
-Destroyed my Painless harness with butt splices
-Ran the fuel pump wire over the trans, causing a short and stranding me (lucky it didn't catch fire)
-Never hooked up my stock gauges claiming it was "impossible" (I made ALL 1989 gauges work with stock LS1 senders)
-Never installed a thermostat
-Welded the exhaust manifold to the collector (with a 1/2" gap)

ARD builds cars with wanton disregard for their customers safety or quality of work. I understand every shop has "hiccups", but this is far from the occasional "oops we forgot". I also have pictures and parts of the things I listed.

This isn't an attempt to hijack, but since it's come up, I'd feel better knowing that people have a fair warning about ARD.
exactly!!
Old 06-23-2011, 12:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How are they still around...unreal how people do not listen

I've heard of the shop ARD but after all the other things I've heard regarding them I would never use them, especially with the amount of other shops in Houston
Old 06-23-2011, 04:25 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

wow. tough crowd. Glad driver was ok.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:58 AM
12 Second Club

ARD FTW!! So glad I didnt use them.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
Did we miss the bro-date to the Senna movie? With the move and all I haven't kept up with anything it seems like!
Oh hell no. August 12th, pencil me in. Are we gonna have the arm rest up or down?

How's that pool coming along?