ws6 or 03 cobra???

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 10:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

see,see i knew i was going to stirr up some s**t by asking this question..i like both cars either of them would make me very happy but from reading all these posts i've come to a conclusion that a cobra might grenade on me at some point during my quest to be a decently quick ride?????
Old 06-21-2011, 10:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by lemons12
And they are still a neck and neck run! Gasp!!

That is not all that is being talked about. You read much?

O my.. A 12+ hour call out. Because if you're car is faster than mine... You know more than me. Who woulda thunk it? Yours wouldn't be the first cobra that pulled me and probably not the last. But I'm running all motor. Muhahaha... Were you really wanting to just bring the thread down one more level?
If you want to get drug by an fbody vette miata neon etc let me know.

Ported eatons are good for 500-520rwhp in most cases.

Not quite enough to take a heads cam intake fbody or vette if both setups are set up properly.
Do you ******* read much? The guy doesn't give a **** about ZO6's dumbass.

You're running all motor, and your car is slow. It adds up perfectly.

I do want to get drug, so set it up.......
Old 06-21-2011, 10:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Cobra...only because I've had my WS6 for almost 10 years and I'd buy something different. Both are bad *** cars though, and you can't go wrong. I wouldn't buy a vette either, there everywhere and I can't stand looking at them anymore.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:39 PM
Teching In

BUT,i do like the fact that in a TA you are N/A..in my opinion thats more respect if your bird can run!!!! hummm

i need a beer
Old 06-21-2011, 10:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TArunner
see,see i knew i was going to stirr up some s**t by asking this question..i like both cars either of them would make me very happy but from reading all these posts i've come to a conclusion that a cobra might grenade on me at some point during my quest to be a decently quick ride?????
What in the world made you come to that?

With a proper tune both platforms will live at 500+rwhp for a very very long time.

You said drag racing earlier... Imo that is CLEAR as day that you want an fbody.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:42 PM
Teching In

i feel ya burnt i myself am tired of seeing vettes everywhere...i do honestly like the whinne of that supercharger though...
Old 06-21-2011, 10:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by slowredz
Do you ******* read much? The guy doesn't give a **** about ZO6's dumbass.

You're running all motor, and your car is slow. It adds up perfectly.

I do want to get drug, so set it up.......
Cause threads on tech always stay on topic! Yay!

Yes, I am on motor. Yes, my car is slow. I don't know why this is relevant nor did I state otherwise. I'm assuming you assumed I thought otherwise? Why keep bringing up our individual cars?

What does your promod run?

I'm done with you.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:49 PM
TECH Resident

I think you would be happy with either one. It's just a preference. They both have weak rear ends. "There's no replacement for displacement". Unless you have a power adder The motor in the Cobra is much stronger than an LS1, but if you...like most people...are just wanting a 5-600hp street car then either one will be fine. I think the F-Bodys are cheaper, so if cost is an issue then I would go with that. Plus the aftermarket is flooded with parts. They are the new age 5.0's from back in the day. I've had a few of each and I have liked all of them.... I just get bored easily.

And this is my car I have now.

Last edited by slowredz; 06-21-2011 at 10:56 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

^ Im with lemons "grenade on you"? How much power do you expect to be making? the Cobra is an iron cast block with forged internals. But if your just going to drag race then the f-body may be better b/c the positive displacement blower makes a lot of torque down low meaning it'l be a spinfest more than likely and i also hear cobras are more difficult to launch than f-bodys. If your going to count the Cobra out at least make it a worthy excuse why.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:14 PM
Teching In

point to you lemons.... it will be an 11sec street car where is i can take it to the drag strip on weekends and still use it as a daily driver...
Old 06-21-2011, 11:24 PM
Teching In

great points slowred,yes that is all im looking for hp around 5-600rwhp..
nice cobra by the way slowred
Old 06-21-2011, 11:35 PM
Teching In

alot bs in this thread lol... your on a biased forum, expect biased opinions.

that being said ive owned an 03 cobra, a couple 6speed vettes, and been around and driven quite a few fbodies...

the whole vette thing is retarded cause the guy never asked about them... that being said the rear in the vette is very weak so expect to upgrade if you want to drag race... heads cam intake bolt on will net you around 450hp give or take... throw some nitrous on there and you could see upwards of 600ish hp.. but EXPECT to beef up the car (clutch, trans, rear/diff) if you want it to last.. auto swap would cost some money but can be done and would be a sick setup (not many z's with auto's swaps)

ws6's are very nice mean looking cars... same applies to the as far as the power levels/mods just like any other ls1's. like the vette, if you want to drag race it alot, the trans will want to be upgraded (specially if its a 6speed) and the 10 bolts are weak and prone to break, so a nice 12bolt set up is the way to go with any kind of power... the feel of f bodies to me has always been cheap on the insides... never cared for them, just my opinion.

03-04 cobras can make some stupid power with a fair amount of money... theres tons of options as far as ported blowers or whipple/kb swaps go so its really up to you. with the new snake bite kits out there, from my understanding people are seeing 500+ hp with STOCK pullies.. swap a 2.9 upper/4 or 6lb lower pulley and i dont see why you couldnt get over 600hp/600ft lbs with the right supporting mods (heat exchanger, bigger coolant resevoir, injectors, maf, 26 spline shaft and clutch upgrade)... and then if thats not enough a lil 100 shot of nitrous would make that car insanely fast all on a stock bottom end, stock transmission car. throw an auto in a car like that and it would be sick. the interiors of these cars i like better then the fbodies. and the seats i like better then any of the fbodies or vettes.

the ws6 can be a mean lookin car, but i think the cobra takes that one with the right setup as well..
my old cobra

Old 06-21-2011, 11:57 PM
Teching In

great info ragu i appreciate it much...very nice cobra aswell..i have heard cobras are hard to launch for some reason never driven one or ridde in one soo i can't say for myself just hear say...i know modding any car will need some supporting mods im prepared for that..i did like very much that point ragu made about the cobras stock bottom end/stock tranny...
Old 06-22-2011, 12:14 AM
Staging Lane

Take this **** out of here.

A. Full optioned Ws6 was within 3k$ of a cobra which came standard with way better options.
B. It came with a blower, get over It. Gm had to use 5.7l.. Two different ways of making power. Neither is anymore right or wrong than the other, different approaches. Ford likes blowers on smaller displacement motors.. Chevy likes larger displacement na motors.
C. Ford almost did with 4.6 that Chevy did with 5.7 with the 01 cobra and mach1.
D. A Ws6 didn't come with a blower from the factory.

We ARE having this discussion.. None of your points were even close to valid. They were biased uneducated close minded assumptions at best.
DUDE CALM THE **** DOWN!!! There was no need for you to get all pissed and puff your chest out and walk around like you run this bitch.

My bad for not knowing every little thing about every car. **** i was 14 when my Dad got the WS6 when it first came out. Cut me some freaking slack.

Lastly I apologize if you get mad over **** like this, but thank you for educating me and correcting me. I dont come to your work or call your house and jump all down your throat because you were not correct about something.

And the 01 Cobra was to make up for the huge recall of the 1999 Cobra Mustangs that were recalled for being well overated power wise... that much i do know. and CLOSE only counts in horse shoes and bomb shells
And I know a WS6 didnt come with a blower from the factory.. i made that statement saying that if IT HAD
then we wouln't be talking about the cobra comparison.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:22 AM
Staging Lane

BUT,i do like the fact that in a TA you are N/A..in my opinion thats more respect if your bird can run!!!! hummm

i need a beer
I totally agree. My dad always told me that "THERES NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT!"

and just FYI im not here for a pissing contest, the guy asked for opinions and i gave him mine with my thoughts. And there is nothing you can do change my feeling on the car choice I would make.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:26 AM
Teching In

great info ragu i appreciate it much...very nice cobra aswell..i have heard cobras are hard to launch for some reason never driven one or ridde in one soo i can't say for myself just hear say...i know modding any car will need some supporting mods im prepared for that..i did like very much that point ragu made about the cobras stock bottom end/stock tranny...
that is very true, the cobra is tricky to get the launch down.. the trick to making the rear end last on those cars is a good tire (lack of traction = wheel hop = broken parts) and slippin the clutch. dumpin the clutch on that car will get you no where but a busted up rear/axles or if your lucky sorry times cause your spinnin past the 60.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:26 AM
Teching In

zo6>cobra>ws6
Old 06-22-2011, 02:19 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by eLiT3SnIpEz
Sorry, I do not agree

This however I do
You don't think a blown Cobra responds better to intake/exhaust work than an LS1?
It takes around 70 more rwhp for a cobra to match an fbody with the body having the slight edge.
Averages are all well and good, but it's a proven fact that the fastest stock Cobra ran the quarter mile almost a 1/2 a second faster than the fastest F-body... so as far as the CARS are concerned, it most certainly does not take 70hp more for the Cobra to match an F-body. Now on the STREET, of course anything happens; it all depends on the setup of each car. But when comparing car to car, the Cobra needs an extra 40-50hp to run with an F-body. Which isn't hard.
Originally Posted by BlackDemonSS
But you have to remember the 03-04 cobras were more than a WS6 when they were new. Also performance wise if the WS6 wouldve came standard with a supercharger from the factory then we wouldnt even be having this dilema. I dont like that fact that ford had to result to forced induction to get power instead of building a proper motor like GM( new GT 5. is an exception).
Ricer.
Old 06-22-2011, 02:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eLiT3SnIpEz
Hell no, go with the WS6, it's more unique, I see a lot of Cobras around here, and WS6s are much sexier. I'd say they react better to mods as well and they sound better as well
So you're saying a stock ls1 mods better than a fully forged roots blown motor. I can't remember the components exactly, but cobras have been built with forged cranks since the 4.6 32v. The 03-04's also come with JE pistons, and I believe manley h-beam rods. 03-04 termis. are one of the best bang for the buck cars out there.

Drive both and buy what you like. Our opinnion shouldn't matter. You'll be driving it, and they are both good choices.

If it was my money I would either buy an old SS cheap as I have, or get a termi. I love those cars.

Last edited by redz_02; 06-22-2011 at 03:14 AM.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

I would love to ported pulley power with just the SB and stock pulley. I call bs. I was watching when the SB first came out.. Impressive but not that impressive.

The vette has to be beefed up clutch trans rear etc.. But the cobra is going to make 600rw on the stock clutch and rear? They both need supporting mods to make them last. both have Irs and both six speeds, very similar weak points and points that need attention at the drag strip.

auto swap in a vette is going to take some money... But you can throw an auto in a cobra. that kinda like slapping a turbo on something and making 10000rw?

Wrong info? Biased? Check your own post my man.
I think a Ws6 is the best buy regardless. I am not biased with the z vs cobra argument as I wouldn't choose either over a Ws6. I will stand behind the cobra just as quick as the z, like I have in here.

Quick Reply: ws6 or 03 cobra???