ws6 or 03 cobra???

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 07:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TArunner
great info ragu i appreciate it much...very nice cobra aswell..i have heard cobras are hard to launch for some reason never driven one or ridde in one soo i can't say for myself just hear say...i know modding any car will need some supporting mods im prepared for that..i did like very much that point ragu made about the cobras stock bottom end/stock tranny...
Cobras are harder to drive/shift all around. Instant gobs of tq is hard to plant.. Shifter location is a pita as well which makes it a pain getting In 3rd at times.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So your advice is to run a ws6 with a stock 10 bolt over a cobra IRS. You need to head back to the Tennessee section, and let the adults have a conversation.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Lol!!!
Old 06-22-2011, 09:23 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
Completely serious.

Run 16# of boost with a Whipple on a cobra... and 14# of boost on an ls1 with a d1... Who has their money on which for who blows first?
The cobra makes around 80 more rwhp stock for stock.
I know he didnt say that, I read it completely.

There are STOCK 5.3s at 800rwhp... There are PLENTY of ls1s with 600rwhp and still going strong. Go spend some time in the power adder sections.

Wanna tell me what in his post was valid?
Sweet comparison man, different amounts of boost ftw Obviously if you're going to run 14#s of boost on an LS1, you likely have forged internals as well or you're just an idiot. And with forged internals, I'd vote for the LS1. He wants an 11 second car, you're not even paying attention to the topic, 16 or even 14#s is overkill with that amount. My god

Stock 5.3's at that power level? Are you high? I have no doubt it can be done, but it won't last without forged or stronger internals. And why are you telling ME there are plenty of Ls1s with 600 rwhp and still going strong? You're the one who said they generally go at 600, now you're just contradicting yourself... Maybe YOU'RE the one who should go back and spend some time in the power adder section

Originally Posted by redz_02
So you're saying a stock ls1 mods better than a fully forged roots blown motor. I can't remember the components exactly, but cobras have been built with forged cranks since the 4.6 32v. The 03-04's also come with JE pistons, and I believe manley h-beam rods. 03-04 termis. are one of the best bang for the buck cars out there.

Drive both and buy what you like. Our opinnion shouldn't matter. You'll be driving it, and they are both good choices.

If it was my money I would either buy an old SS cheap as I have, or get a termi. I love those cars.
That's a really cool story bro, but you're argument is basically that the Cobra can hold more power, which I don't disagree with. I said it reacts better to mods IMO
Old 06-22-2011, 09:25 AM
***Repost Police***

Originally Posted by eLiT3SnIpEz
That's a really cool story bro, but you're argument is basically that the Cobra can hold more power, which I don't disagree with. I said it reacts better to mods IMO
There is no "IMO" about something that is a factual argument.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:32 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Irunelevens
There is no "IMO" about something that is a factual argument.
You have said absolutely nothing to try to argue your point. Enlighten me. And please try to use something else other than changing the pulley for "moar boost = moar speed!"
Old 06-22-2011, 09:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Elite.. You are a bit off.

It has gotten a bit ridiculous. All my points still stand and I still think there are a couple people not grasping what Is being posted.
I'm through, you boys have fun.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:11 AM
Banned

Sheez this one has gone on quite a bit since I last looked yesterday!

You guys have argued sufficiently I think about things like how good is the built Cobra engine, was it lame that they 'had to use a blower to beat us', how difficult is the IRS to launch, the crappy shifter location of New Edge Mustangs, is it worth the higher cost of the Cobra, is it opinion or fact that one responds better to mods or not, etc. Not much left to talk about I think, you just have to decide what's right and what's opinion now...
Old 06-22-2011, 10:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I think bolting on a little billet pulley, slapping on a CAI and driving 10-50 miles to have a knowledgable person dyno tune a Cobra is a little easier and much cheaper than installing a cam, springs, heads, intake, headers, and clutch in a WS6 and driving 10-50 miles to have it tuned.

I guess I'm just missing the part where the LSX is easier And cheaper to mod than an 03-04 Cobra.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:59 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by lemons12
Elite.. You are a bit off.

It has gotten a bit ridiculous. All my points still stand and I still think there are a couple people not grasping what Is being posted.
I'm through, you boys have fun.
Eh it's all pointless anyways, I'm done fighting to prove a point to convince a guy who can't decide for himself what car to buy. I'm done as well
Old 06-22-2011, 12:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

O btw, I'm not high.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/multimedi...rbo-truck.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/multimedi...le-passes.html

Its all in the tune.

You didn't grasp my point about the blowers, obviously.

I NEVER said they generally go/blow at 600Rw. 600Rwhp is a safe bet that an ls1 will/should last a good amount of time as long as you have a good tune. There are plenty that push it beyond that point and live for many thousands of hard miles.
An ls1 is good for well over that... But if you aren't willing to push it a little, I suggest 600Rw being your cutoff.

I don't need to go read anything and I haven't contradicted myself.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Eh it's all pointless anyways, I'm done fighting to prove a point to convince a guy who can't decide for himself what car to buy. I'm done as well
Its not pointless... I'm going to correct ignorance when it is posted.

Sadly I have been on my phone for this entire thread except the last 2 posts or I would have been able to give links/etc for everything I have been saying, just like with the 5.3l. I'm not blowing smoke.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:15 PM
Banned

Not to be too obnoxious (I'm only shooting for a little obnoxious), but I thought you were done? That doesn't look done

And now elitesnipez will say something and not be 'done' too... Nobody can resist the urge to try to get the last word in and prove they're right
Old 06-22-2011, 12:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Schmalgar
Not to be too obnoxious (I'm only shooting for a little obnoxious), but I thought you were done? That doesn't look done

And now elitesnipez will say something and not be 'done' too... Nobody can resist the urge to try to get the last word in and prove they're right
Actually, I can. I was on my phone earlier.
I wanted to post the link about the 5.3l but don't like doing stuff on my phone cause its a pain.
We had a break from work cause of rain and I got a minute on the computer.
I shorten a LOT of my responses while on the phone because A. I'm on my phone and B. I'm usually at work.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TARunner...what have you decided from all this?

Cobra or WS6
Old 06-22-2011, 12:48 PM
TECH Resident

Damn he's back
Old 06-22-2011, 12:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Schmalgar

No not really. I honestly truly do not care, in fact I'm a little annoyed TARunner made this thread knowing it would cause a **** storm (but we would all know that, granted) and can't make up his own mind.

If I disliked Lemons I would probably keep it going but I'm not willing to be on bad terms with him over something as stupid as this
Old 06-22-2011, 01:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

No not really. I honestly truly do not care, in fact I'm a little annoyed TARunner made this thread knowing it would cause a **** storm (but we would all know that, granted) and can't make up his own mind.

If I disliked Lemons I would probably keep it going but I'm not willing to be on bad terms with him over something as stupid as this
Nothing like this would put someone on bad terms with me. I have very thick skin, we are on the Interwebz after all, where people make 12+ hour street race call outs to prove they know more about a topic.

These threads pass the time, not much more to them. 2-3 hours of research on the individual forums would have answered all these questions + more, why do we need these threads? To entertain us! Hahaha
Old 06-22-2011, 01:11 PM
Banned

I am amused that each of you responded to say you aren't compelled to respond. And I say that in total humor, and not to be nasty

I fully agree, the point of these is to have fun, and pass the time, that's what I shoot for too...
Old 06-22-2011, 01:12 PM
TECH Resident

Did you get bored trolling the Tennessee section or something? I thought you were done?

Quick Reply: ws6 or 03 cobra???