My dealings with graham@nitrousoutlet. NOT SATISFIED !

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 08:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
You should have looked the car over before you agreed. Oh well, good luck with it.
I did. I couldnt tell what valve springs were on it because the heads were still on the car, i couldnt tell about the cover because the waterpump and everything was in the way, i couldnt tell about the steering rack because the car didnt run. I didnt know about alot of stuff till i took it to chad to have it fixed.

Needless to say the guy bullshitted about alot of it just to get rid of it in my opinion

Originally Posted by enigmah
I think this guy needs to be talked to don't think i would want someone SHADY like that working for me....
I would say what i heard but i wanna keep the drama between me and him and not between him and his co-workers.

Its also funny this thread has been up for over a month and he has yet to chime in or anything.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by boofthese
Well the way i see it im still making out on the deal no matter what. Im just pissed i was lied to about ALOT of stuff about the car

If you're the one who FINALLY got the tuned lined out enough to get it running, THANKS A TON.

Im still debating on finishing the rest of everything up that I can do myself or just sell it as it sits now.
Its not a problem at least we got it running so you could drive it and didn't have to trailor it or tow it. It definetly has an aftermarket cam and if its any where near the specs he said you need to at least have teh valve springs swapped to some patriot dual golds.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think it has my old cam let me look up the old specs

Last edited by sway99bird; 08-21-2011 at 10:07 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Specs are 232/236 .575/.578 114 lsa
Old 08-21-2011, 10:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

The problem with cars that are torn down and everything in boxes is you do not know what you are missing until it is time to put them together. Unless someone has built a few of these and average person will not know what is missing.

There is no doubt this car was someone's 1st build because there was a lot of mismatched parts, bolt and some serious rigging. I'm positive the person that bought my 1st car I built said the same thing. Lord knows I did what I had to do to make it to Rankin on Saturday nights 20 years ago (Damn I’m getting old)... LOL

Right now the car is right and ready for a good tune.

BTW, this thread should not be directed towards Nitrous Outlet, Chris is a stand up guy and has awesome customer service. He will bend over backwards to help anyone out!

Last edited by Bad Chad; 08-21-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by enigmah
I think this guy needs to be talked to don't think i would want someone SHADY like that working for me....
I watch my employees very carefully. I am also very careful about who works for us. I have worked very hard for many years to build the great reputation we have. I have never had a reason to feel Graham was shaddy in anyway or he would not be at Nitrous Outlet.

Reading this does raise some concern and I will look into but I can assure you this is a personal dealing between Graham and the poster of this thread. It has nothing to do with Nitrous Outlet. I can not interfear with my employees personal dealings but if I see a trend that leads me to think they are dishonest I will let them go.

I do not know what was talked about between the poster of this thread or Graham but I do know what the car looked like and it was very obvious it needed some tender loving care. I know Graham was in the process of pulling the motor due to it been blown up after a oil pump failure but that is about the extent of what I know.

Dave

Last edited by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet; 08-21-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Just want to make it clear I wasn't pointing my finger at the company he works for.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:17 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
I watch my employees very carefully. I am also very careful about who works for us. I have worked very hard for many years to build the great reputation we have. I have never had a reason to feel Graham was shaddy in anyway or he would not be at Nitrous Outlet.

Reading this does raise some concern and I will look into but I can assure you this is a personal dealing between Graham and the poster of this thread. It has nothing to do with Nitrous Outlet. I can not interfear with my employees personal dealings but if I see a trend that leads me to think they are dishonest I will let them go.

I do not know what was talked about between the poster of this thread or Graham but I do know what the car looked like and it was very obvious it needed some tender loving care. I know Graham was in the process of pulling the motor due to it been blown up after a oil pump failure but that is about the extent of what I know.

Dave
Wow, talk about somebody being a standup guy. Very impressive post, sir. You might have just got my business for the Texas Mile needing a small shot to hit 200mph.

I can't stand shops/businesses in this industry that don't react as above. Very refreshing .
Old 08-22-2011, 07:27 AM
On The Tree

No and this thread was not intended to be directed towards the company at all. Just as a clarification.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:34 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Did you buy this car sight unseen?
Old 08-22-2011, 09:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say what i heard but i wanna keep the drama between me and him and not between him and his co-workers.

Then keep it between the 2 of you and not putting it on a forum. People feel its best to post something and bash someone on the web hiding behind a keyboard. Talk to him directly and be a man about it, don't do it on here.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:47 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Cam72aro
Then keep it between the 2 of you and not putting it on a forum. People feel its best to post something and bash someone on the web hiding behind a keyboard. Talk to him directly and be a man about it, don't do it on here.
He has every right to call him out publicly. Too many people are scared to do so and others suffer because they get ripped off too. If you read his posts, he tried to contact the guy and he wouldn't return his calls. If you can't get movement in private, you take it public where it could affect them to actually get some progress. I think he was totally justified seeing as how he tried to handle it man to man but the guy was dodging him.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:58 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlackLT1Z
He has every right to call him out publicly. Too many people are scared to do so and others suffer because they get ripped off too. If you read his posts, he tried to contact the guy and he wouldn't return his calls. If you can't get movement in private, you take it public where it could affect them to actually get some progress. I think he was totally justified seeing as how he tried to handle it man to man but the guy was dodging him.
x2 I agree.

Post some pics of the formula now that its fixed.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

Its hard to talk to him face to face since he lives 4 hrs from me and won't return a call or a text.

I traded the car after many txt messages back and fourth. He sent mgr several pics and I was told about the rest, which he didn't lie I guess you could say more like didn't go into detail. Even after I asked him a ton of questions. So in a way he lied and dodged a bunch
Old 08-22-2011, 12:17 PM
TECH Addict

Its hard to talk to him face to face since he lives 4 hrs from me and won't return a call or a text.

I traded the car after many txt messages back and fourth. He sent mgr several pics and I was told about the rest, which he didn't lie I guess you could say more like didn't go into detail. Even after I asked him a ton of questions. So in a way he lied and dodged a bunch
So you texted back and forth? Never talked to him on the phone?
Old 08-22-2011, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

I tried not to because of something just like this. I wanted txt proof if something happened, and go fig my phone rest itself. Lol I've got a txt backup app now but its too late
Old 08-22-2011, 04:01 PM
TECH Addict

I tried not to because of something just like this. I wanted txt proof if something happened, and go fig my phone rest itself. Lol I've got a txt backup app now but its too late
Not trying to bust your *****, but I think thats where you went wrong. Alot can be misinterpreted by texting, just like typing. I understand the paper trail, but I would have wanted to talk with someone before trading something big like this. Good luck getting everything straightened out.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sorry.... EVEN IF Graham was in the "wrong". This is 100% your fault. You live a mere 4 hours away and didn't go check the car out? I won't buy a "mint/perfect" car with WOT runs tracks passes/etc etc without seeing/driving it first. Let alone one that needs work done to it.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by lemons12
I'm sorry.... EVEN IF Graham was in the "wrong". This is 100% your fault. You live a mere 4 hours away and didn't go check the car out? I won't buy a "mint/perfect" car with WOT runs tracks passes/etc etc without seeing/driving it first. Let alone one that needs work done to it.
I still fail to understand the mentality that it's your fault you got screwed over because you didn't fully investigate a deal with whomever just to make sure they weren't trying to screw you over. What happened to honesty and integrity in America? That's the problem with buying from people here on tech, and on Craigslist etc, is that there's too many people that are willing to do that to you, and when it happens, it's your fault. No blame is really assessed to the scammer just because you trusted him. It's ridiculous, it's childish, and above all, it's wrong! I remember the days when deals were as good as a handshake and you knew the deal was fair. Back when REAL MEN were making the deals, not punk *** spoiled kids!
Old 08-22-2011, 05:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really hope that wasn't directed towards me as a trader.

Honesty and integrity along with trustworthiness went out a long time ago. You just flat out cant and shouldn't expect it anymore because that's the way things are. Would I be pissed? Hell yes. But in the end I would blame it on myself because I was 4 hours away and didnt go check the car out myself.

Expect to get ripped... Be happy when you aren't.