Whats the best diesels you would but right now?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 09:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I miss my truck so much, I just couldn't afford the 8 mpg.. It didn't make a damn bit of difference how I drove it either, almost seemed to get better when I drove it hard. I beat the **** out of it and it never gave me any problems except a bad alternator the day before I sold it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G8LPM-Dv2U
Old 08-14-2011, 09:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the only thing to say.......My peterbilt has an inline 6 diesel my Kenworth has an inline 6 diesel ....Cummins inline 6 diesel........ford and chevy V8 diesel= FAIL!!!!!
Old 08-14-2011, 10:54 PM
Staging Lane

I'm drooling for a 2010+ dodge 2500 with a cummins and a 4x4 setup... We have a 2011 F350 dually with the new 6.7 and its treated us well so far, pulls like a champ and still maintains around 17-18 mpg with no trailer... I drive a freightliner with a mercedes I6 motor so the idea of going back to an I6 with my next diesel just makes sense to me. The only thing i dont like about our powerstroke is the tonka toy feel of the interior. It just doesnt really do it for me, and after test driving a 2010 dodge i kinda fell in love
Old 08-15-2011, 09:20 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

I wonder how many replying have actually test driven a 2011 GM, Ford, and Dodge. All of them. Seems like some of you are just talking out of your ***, haha.

I've driven each of them, because I'm actually sorta shopping for a new diesel. Here are my notes:

Best interior: Dodge Laramie. GM Denali is a close 2nd. Ford seats sucked by comparison to both.
Ride quality: GM/Dodge tie. Ford was rougher/bouncy, but not bad.
Steering feel: 4x4 = GM, 2wd = Dodge. Ford steering was vague and loose.
Acceleration: GM, no question here.

As for styling, that is subjective and just opinion. I prefer the Dodge of the three, but I think each of them looks very good.
Old 08-15-2011, 11:46 AM
Teching In

I test drove the dodge and gm. You would pretty crazy to buy a new ford. That have a bad wrap since 03 and until there new motor is proven I will always feel this way. I liked the dodge for the price but gm is ahead of the emissions bull and that's saying something. They weren't in a hurry to just replace a broke *** motor. They took what is allready proven and improved it more. The ONLY reason I didn't buy the dodge because of the oil dilution.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:37 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
I miss my truck so much, I just couldn't afford the 8 mpg.. It didn't make a damn bit of difference how I drove it either, almost seemed to get better when I drove it hard. I beat the **** out of it and it never gave me any problems except a bad alternator the day before I sold it.

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
No, it's never been wrecked. Has a crack on the center cap from where it's been backed into though, you can see it on the back wheel in the first pic.

Gets like 12 city, 19 highway, it's really not that bad. I just want to get a cheap stock one and build it the way I want it to be. This truck is too nice to tear into with bigger lift, tires etc.

You cant stick to one story to save your life can you???

Quick Reply: Whats the best diesels you would but right now?????