Who hates root canals?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 11:45 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Who hates root canals?

THIS GUY.
Im sitting at the dentist getting ready for a root canal. But good thing they are gonna dope me up.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:00 PM
TECH Resident

I always ask for the Nitrous Oxide when I have cavities drilled and filled, or when getting a root canal. My dentist will crank that stuff up till I am delirious. You aren't feeling a thing between that and the numbing anesthetic.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:10 PM
Banned

Let me tell you this, I will take a root canal any day over having an absessed tooth so bad the swelling goes up into your eye socket and pain medication barely knocks the edge off it..........
Old 08-23-2011, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

never had the pleasure of having one, but if its anything like getting wisdom teeth removed, i think i'll pass. i received the maximum legal dose of the giggle gas and the dentist had to re-inject anesthesia several times because it didn't seem to work very well. even then i could still feel the bastard ripping it out.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:52 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

I had 4 done at one time, and i can tell you, worst pain in my life as the anesthesia only worked on 3 of the 4, one for some reason decided i needed to feel the nerve drilled completely out. I was shaking so badly after the work was done that my wife was freaked out.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
I had 4 done at one time, and i can tell you, worst pain in my life as the anesthesia only worked on 3 of the 4, one for some reason decided i needed to feel the nerve drilled completely out. I was shaking so badly after the work was done that my wife was freaked out.
lol I've had them done and felt nothing.

But when I had my Wisdom teeth removed that **** hurt bad!

I had 8 removed at once "YES 8" that **** hurt more then words can describe. I had 2 sets top and bottom.
He said he had only seen this in books. That’s when I told him you better put me to sleep
Old 08-23-2011, 01:43 PM
TECH Addict

Give a cyctoscopy or colonoscopy a try! With no anesthesia...
Old 08-23-2011, 02:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Larry
I think someones showing their age lol

I will pass on that thank you lol
Old 08-23-2011, 02:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Larry
With nothing but spit on the old colonscope, eh??!!!! Did the doc at least give you flowers?
Old 08-23-2011, 02:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SSHAWK
I think someones showing their age lol

I will pass on that thank you lol
Definitely old but still love to race!
Old 08-23-2011, 03:55 PM
12 Second Club

I had a cystoscopy done at age 23 with nothing but a lubricant - didn't hurt until he goes through bladder wall.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:07 PM
TECH Addict

I had a full root canal with nerve removal not long ago. Had one of my lower back molars pulled the week prior. The root canal wasnt so bad really, not a joy or anything. The tooth pulling was brutal. I had a bruise on my shoulder from where the oral surgeon was putting so much force on me for a long period of time. 3 of the roots were grown outwards like hooks. After drilling, scraping, and cutting for 20 minutes it finally broke out. That was a horrible son of a ************. I was sweating, shaking, and blood pressure was through the roof.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:19 PM
12 Second Club

i have had 2 done in the last year. the thing that hurts the most is if it is infected. my dentist kills the root first then i come back and he drills it and then i coem back and he fills it i get 3 shots in the mouth and thats it no gas. gas is for sissies
Old 08-23-2011, 05:37 PM
Staging Lane

i had two root canals done right next to each other and although it wasn't that bad during after words the pain was ungodly the hydrocodone basically did nothing for the pain. Having impacted wisdom teeth taken out is a whole different can of worms though!
Old 08-23-2011, 05:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Root canal: SUCKED. Dentist prescribed a Z-Pack for the infection, which (like the goggles) did NOTHING. He gassed me, then needled me 6.022x10^23* times, then started to drill. When he broke through the top of the tooth, my *** tried to eat the chair. Then he got the needle again and went straight down through the hole he just made. THEN I went really numb. He drilled, filed, drilled, filed, and finally took more x-rays (with those little rat tail files still in my tooth), then pulled everything out and capped it.

A few hours later, I had the worst pain. I discovered the dentist tore the muscle that holds your cheek to your gums when he was playing pin the Novocaine in the Mexican. A grain of COOKED RICE got on top of my tooth and I bit down, and damn near passed out. That's right. UNCLE BEN OWNED MY ***.

Then I got to go back for round 2 a week later. I thought I was just getting the temp crown replaced. NOPE! More drilling and filing.

Wisdom teeth: Cakewalk. I had one impacted, but four removed overall. Within two days, I was eating solid food again. When I went back a week later for a checkup, there was no scarring on any of the incisions, except the one that was impacted. The worst part of that one was changing the gauze every few hours and staying on top of the painkiller/steroid/antibiotic rotation.

-Mike

*bonus nerd points if you recognize that number
Old 08-23-2011, 06:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
Root canal: SUCKED. Dentist prescribed a Z-Pack for the infection, which (like the goggles) did NOTHING. He gassed me, then needled me 6.022x10^23* times, then started to drill. When he broke through the top of the tooth, my *** tried to eat the chair. Then he got the needle again and went straight down through the hole he just made. THEN I went really numb. He drilled, filed, drilled, filed, and finally took more x-rays (with those little rat tail files still in my tooth), then pulled everything out and capped it.

A few hours later, I had the worst pain. I discovered the dentist tore the muscle that holds your cheek to your gums when he was playing pin the Novocaine in the Mexican. A grain of COOKED RICE got on top of my tooth and I bit down, and damn near passed out. That's right. UNCLE BEN OWNED MY ***.

Then I got to go back for round 2 a week later. I thought I was just getting the temp crown replaced. NOPE! More drilling and filing.

Wisdom teeth: Cakewalk. I had one impacted, but four removed overall. Within two days, I was eating solid food again. When I went back a week later for a checkup, there was no scarring on any of the incisions, except the one that was impacted. The worst part of that one was changing the gauze every few hours and staying on top of the painkiller/steroid/antibiotic rotation.

-Mike

Damn i guess you had better luck than me than me for those wisdom teeth. I had to get pieces of jawbone sawed off to get the damn teeth out. Extremely painfull once all the effects of the anesthesia wore off
Old 08-23-2011, 06:35 PM
Staging Lane

-Mike

a mole?
*_max_POWER's Girlfriend*
Old 08-23-2011, 06:39 PM
TECH Veteran

-Mike

Avogadro constant?
Old 08-23-2011, 07:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by _max_POWER
a mole?
*_max_POWER's Girlfriend*
Originally Posted by LS69TA
Avogadro constant?
Both correct. Well done.