Who wants to install my lowering springs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I installed my sportlines I used the spring compressor from oriellys. Took a little bit of persuasion to get it in but it did work. But for how long it took and the cussing, paying 100. For install is worth it
Old 08-29-2011, 09:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by DPRock

**** THAT!!!
I said that out loud just before I read your post.

-Mike
Old 08-29-2011, 10:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
This^.
I've used a borrowed Autozone and O'Reily's spring compressor (its free) and it is a PITA. The $50 for someone else to do this step is well worth it. Plus the passenger side nut on top is usually rusted all to hell and has to be cut off. Hope you have new shocks too.
I've used NTB in the past. I marked it all the first time so everything would line up, but I've been able to rotate the shorter spring on the assembly to line things up too.
Agreed. I have the tool that the auto parts rents out, and it does work real good for stock springs and some lowering springs, but it's too big to get between the springs on most lowering springs.

The ones that the shops have mount on the wall and have thin forks that will get right in there on any spring. WORTH THE MONEY to have a shop do it! Period.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
I said that out loud just before I read your post.

-Mike
I did too, lol. Guys, don't play around with these compressed springs. They'll ******* kill you
Old 08-29-2011, 10:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by drago1217
When I installed my sportlines I used the spring compressor from oriellys. Took a little bit of persuasion to get it in but it did work. But for how long it took and the cussing, paying 100. For install is worth it
that's what I thought too when I tried the compressor from oreillys, i said f it and paid the 100 to have the springs and shocks put on, to much of a headache and agravation

Quick Reply: Who wants to install my lowering springs?