Texas A&M to the SEC!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 12:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tripps
When did I ever bring up academic rankings? I said the two schools were comparable in academics, enrollment, and fan following. I also said that there are various polls out on the internet, and some have UT ahead while others have A&M ahead overall.

Can we get back to the topic that we were on before all of this derailment? The PAC-12 said they wouldn't expand with Texas because of their LHN and the sharing of it.
you didn't, Dave00 did.

I thought he was a big TCU fan to boot? or was that another ls1tech'er
Old 09-21-2011, 12:07 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
umm i'm pretty sure UT is still higher ranked than aTm as a college.

oh wait, they are...
Again, that whole "look at all of the facts and not just the ones that benefit UT" issue....

http://www.texastribune.org/texas-ed...-universities/

I suggest you read that Satan and then you can correct your ignorant (no surprise there) post.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

I actually have aggie friends... quite impressive i know
Old 09-21-2011, 12:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Again, that whole "look at all of the facts and not just the ones that benefit UT" issue....

I suggest you read that Satan and then you can correct your ignorant (no surprise there) post.
different sources have different rankings and opinions... my mind is blown
Old 09-21-2011, 12:13 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

What exactly does that article prove? It's mealy-mouth, wishy-washy article that still states UT as being ranked higher than atm...
Old 09-21-2011, 12:19 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
What exactly does that article prove? It's mealy-mouth, wishy-washy article that still states UT as being ranked higher than atm...
You are literally too stupid to insult. This article talks about the various rankings of the two universities, where 2 of them have A&M ahead and 2 of them have UT ahead. Reading comprehension....you have none.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:22 PM

You are literally too stupid to insult. This article talks about the various rankings of the two universities, where 2 of them have A&M ahead and 2 of them have UT ahead. Reading comprehension....you have none.
It cites UT being ranked ahead of atm 3 times to atm ahead of UT twice. Don't know what I'm missing?
Old 09-21-2011, 12:27 PM
TECH Resident

It cites UT being ranked ahead of atm 3 times to atm ahead of UT twice. Don't know what I'm missing?
You are missing the fact that there are actually 4, not 5, rankings denoted in that article. A lot of things probably fly right over your head, don't they?
Old 09-21-2011, 12:35 PM

You are missing the fact that there are actually 4, not 5, rankings denoted in that article. A lot of things probably fly right over your head, don't they?
Not if you count the previous rankings they cited too. Might want to actually comprehend the article you post before making yourself look stupid.

I'm sure there are plenty of things that fly over my head but its apparently not enough to hurt me in life. I'm perfectly fine with where I'm at
Old 09-21-2011, 12:42 PM
TECH Resident

Not if you count the previous rankings they cited too. Might want to actually comprehend the article you post before making yourself look stupid.

I'm sure there are plenty of things that fly over my head but its apparently not enough to hurt me in life. I'm perfectly fine with where I'm at
That makes absolutely no sense, and in fact you are the one looking stupid because at first you said that all of the rankings in the article had UT ahead of A&M.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:50 PM

3 beats 2 last time I checked... I also didn't say all, I said the article had UT ranked ahead.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."
Old 09-21-2011, 12:55 PM
TECH Resident

3 beats 2 last time I checked...
There are 4 individual ranking systems listed, and they cite the current ranking for each school. 2 for A&M, 2 for UT. There is absolutely no way that you are this stupid.

That is like me going to the ESPN rankings for college football and say "Well currently A&M is ahead of UT, but last year at this time UT was ahead of A&M, so in 1 poll we have A&M ahead and in another we have UT ahead.

Rankings become irrelevant once the new one comes out. I know, your mind is blown, right? Common sense is a funny thing...
Old 09-21-2011, 01:14 PM

There are 4 individual ranking systems listed, and they cite the current ranking for each school. 2 for A&M, 2 for UT. There is absolutely no way that you are this stupid.

That is like me going to the ESPN rankings for college football and say "Well currently A&M is ahead of UT, but last year at this time UT was ahead of A&M, so in 1 poll we have A&M ahead and in another we have UT ahead.

Rankings become irrelevant once the new one comes out. I know, your mind is blown, right? Common sense is a funny thing...
Near the top it says what the previous years standings were, showing that even before this years discrepancy that UT was ahead. Like I said its a wishy-washy article that proves nothing. It's just like the political polls, they can skewed very easily depending in what factors you actually look at to come to you ranking.

My opinion on the better education if based on real world experience. Obviously my experience is confined to the construction trades and my opinion of atm might different if I were in another field such as veterinary but I'm not. I only can compare what I've seen and the geotech, mechanical and civils from atm have been marginal at best. It's quite possible that its just a reflection on that particular person but I doubt it when you consider the sample size of people I've dealt with in the last 8 years in this business. I'm sure there are plenty of people who feel the same about UT but until I have proof otherwise I'll continue to believe that an education at atm is inferior to UT in my discipline.

The ole saying, "you get what you pay for" seems to ring true here. There's a reason why ivy league schools are so expensive.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dodds just pretty much said we won't play Texas A&M if they go to the SEC.

Have fun with all your traditions
Old 09-21-2011, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
you didn't, Dave00 did.

I thought he was a big TCU fan to boot? or was that another ls1tech'er
Actually I graduated from TAMU and have respect for both TCU and TU as academic institutions and Texas (the state) as a whole has some of the best universities out there. It boggles my mind that you and some of the others spend countless hours on this thread trying to say TAMU is not a university of choice for either academics or sports when dozens of examples have been provided. Give me a break every university out there is going to have their specialities including TU and TAMU and that's a fact. Therefore, you cannot compare apples to apples for every single college or department in each university out there. Now, that being said I am proud to have an Aggie degree and according to real world evidence and real world studies, I am more likely to get a job over my brethren from TU and that is one fact that makes me sleep better every night. Also, I love the fact that I graduated from the FIRST public College/University established in the great State of Texas!
Old 09-21-2011, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Near the top it says what the previous years standings were, showing that even before this years discrepancy that UT was ahead. Like I said its a wishy-washy article that proves nothing. It's just like the political polls, they can skewed very easily depending in what factors you actually look at to come to you ranking.

My opinion on the better education if based on real world experience. Obviously my experience is confined to the construction trades and my opinion of atm might different if I were in another field such as veterinary but I'm not. I only can compare what I've seen and the geotech, mechanical and civils from atm have been marginal at best. It's quite possible that its just a reflection on that particular person but I doubt it when you consider the sample size of people I've dealt with in the last 8 years in this business. I'm sure there are plenty of people who feel the same about UT but until I have proof otherwise I'll continue to believe that an education at atm is inferior to UT in my discipline.

The ole saying, "you get what you pay for" seems to ring true here. There's a reason why ivy league schools are so expensive.
Hey man, then why is it you take two graduates applying for the same (we'll use your beloved engineering as an example - since you love to harp on it) job - one from TU and the other from TAMU and the Aggie is the most likely to get the job. Same education (if not better) and Aggies are more preferred employees by employers. Maybe it's because they are harder workers and not LAZY hippie bums like the TU grads? HMMMM
Old 09-21-2011, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by DAVE00
Actually I graduated from TAMU and have respect for both TCU and TU as academic institutions and Texas (the state) as a whole has some of the best universities out there. It boggles my mind that you and some of the others spend countless hours on this thread trying to say TAMU is not a university of choice for either academics or sports when dozens of examples have been provided. Give me a break every university out there is going to have their specialities including TU and TAMU and that's a fact. Therefore, you cannot compare apples to apples for every single college or department in each university out there. Now, that being said I am proud to have an Aggie degree and according to real world evidence and real world studies, I am more likely to get a job over my brethren from TU and that is one fact that makes me sleep better every night. Also, I love the fact that I graduated from the FIRST public College/University established in the great State of Texas!
I've got nothing better to do since I'm supervising a water quality pond being installed, not much for me to do but stir the pot with some aggies.

Where might I find this article about hiring rates? The only one I found had yall above mit so something is screwed up on that list
Old 09-21-2011, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've got nothing better to do since I'm supervising a water quality pond being installed, not much for me to do but stir the pot with some aggies.

Where might I find this article about hiring rates? The only one I found had yall above mit so something is screwed up on that list
Here you go smart guy - tons of time and you can't figure out how to use google. You'll fit right in at TU.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...369663352.html
Old 09-21-2011, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by DAVE00
Hey man, then why is it you take two graduates applying for the same (we'll use your beloved engineering as an example - since you love to harp on it) job - one from TU and the other from TAMU and the Aggie is the most likely to get the job. Same education (if not better) and Aggies are more preferred employees by employers. Maybe it's because they are harder workers and not LAZY hippie bums like the TU grads? HMMMM
That's not true, atleast with my company anyway. 99% of the people who go to ut aren't even from Austin and most people I know who've graduated from there or will be graduating from there are far from hippies. I'm about as far from one as you can get
Old 09-21-2011, 01:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's not true, atleast with my company anyway. 99% of the people who go to ut aren't even from Austin and most people I know who've graduated from there or will be graduating from there are far from hippies. I'm about as far from one as you can get
Just saying an independant (NON AGGIE) study (Nationwide) proves you wrong. Aggies are more likely to get hired in all fields over a TU longhorn - PERIOD.

Quick Reply: Texas A&M to the SEC!!