Texas A&M to the SEC!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 01:38 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DAVE00
Here you go smart guy - tons of time and you can't figure out how to use google. You'll fit right in at TU.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...369663352.html
That's the article I was talking about. It's got yall ranked above MIT, Cornell, Purdue and Berkley, riiiigggghhhtttt

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...NewsCollection
Old 09-21-2011, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
That's the article I was talking about. It's got yall ranked above MIT, Cornell, Purdue and Berkley, riiiigggghhhtttt
We'll TAMU and TU for that matter cranks out way more grads per year in pretty much all specialities than MIT or Cornell, that seems about right. Not every business out there or company is going to have a MIT grad or Cornell grad on the payroll. I work in the oil industry doing sales/marketing for a large service company and travel around the world working with my customers the major oil companies. I can tell you that in my industry the Drilling and Engineering side of companies like Chevron, Exxon, Noble, Shell, etc.. is dominated by Aggie grads.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:49 PM
TECH Resident

Near the top it says what the previous years standings were, showing that even before this years discrepancy that UT was ahead. Like I said its a wishy-washy article that proves nothing. It's just like the political polls, they can skewed very easily depending in what factors you actually look at to come to you ranking.

My opinion on the better education if based on real world experience. Obviously my experience is confined to the construction trades and my opinion of atm might different if I were in another field such as veterinary but I'm not. I only can compare what I've seen and the geotech, mechanical and civils from atm have been marginal at best. It's quite possible that its just a reflection on that particular person but I doubt it when you consider the sample size of people I've dealt with in the last 8 years in this business. I'm sure there are plenty of people who feel the same about UT but until I have proof otherwise I'll continue to believe that an education at atm is inferior to UT in my discipline.

The ole saying, "you get what you pay for" seems to ring true here. There's a reason why ivy league schools are so expensive.
Did you ever think that all of the smart "civils, mechanicals and geotechs" go get a much better job and don't relegate themselves to work for an idiot such as yourself?
Old 09-21-2011, 01:51 PM
TECH Resident

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...NewsCollection
The question of whether or not you are retarded was just confirmed. A reputable source publishes an article and because YOU think it is wrong, then it must be. Sound. *******. Logic.

That article was posted over a year ago. If there was an issue with it then don't you think the Wall Street Journal would have pulled it? I know you don't have much common sense but damn, even this is mind-blowing.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
:rofl: PAC 12 100% doesn't want OU and OSU without Texas.

I love how certain you were minutes before the press release came out from Larry Scott.
Timing on that was pretty funny. I got a text about 30 seconds after I hit submit. Things change fast in this.

The PAC wanted all four, but would have taken just just OU and OSU as late as Monday afternoon, when the two Arizona schools changed their minds. Making it 8-4 in favor without UT, which is below the 9 needed.

The issue with the LHN is it has to be a true 3rd tier network, and it currently isn't. As long as it has the loopholes in it that allow ESPN and Fox to monkey around with 1st and 2nd tier games a couple times a year to allow an upper tier game to slip to the 3rd tier so ESPN and LHN can try and force people to subscribe, other conference members will have issue with it.

A true 3rd tier network would not already be able to say which Men's BB conference games it would be televising. If they fix that and limit the HS sports/recruiting issues, then the rest of the conference will be ok with it.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by tripps
Did you ever think that all of the smart "civils, mechanicals and geotechs" go get a much better job and don't relegate themselves to work for an idiot such as yourself?
You're only as strong as your weakest link and from what I can see atm is churning out quite a few weak links that drift my way
The question of whether or not you are retarded was just confirmed. A reputable source publishes an article and because YOU think it is wrong, then it must be. Sound. *******. Logic.

That article was posted over a year ago. If there was an issue with it then don't you think the Wall Street Journal would have pulled it? I know you don't have much common sense but damn, even this is mind-blowing.
Glad you agree with me

There is no way to refute that type of article, its strictly opinion. The criteria with which the rankings are obtained is purely subjective therefore there's not going to be one. It's cool.though, I'm not worried about finding a job after I've got that piece of paper. My years of real world experience will put me well above the green-horns from either establishment.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

man, we've made the rounds about everything. what left is there to argue about?

our favorite colors?
Old 09-21-2011, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Let's talk about how Aggie faculty is going to realize that their grants and money for research is going to suffer by going to the SEC....I'm sure they'll start to complain soon enough.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Some how they'll blame it on Texas :o
Old 09-21-2011, 09:21 PM
12 Second Club

Who cares anymore, as an aggie fan I dont give nah ***** about playing Texas. Whatever happens happens. A&M will play LSU, Auburn, Florida, Bama, ect. It will be tough enough as is. A&M will have one of the biggest schools with the most money and fans in the conference. We need to focus on finding Texas kids who want to help represent the state in the SEC. I say let the remaining Big 12 members do as they please and best of luck to everybody in the shuffle.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well looks like the remaining Big 12 schools are going to stay put for now (except A&M).

I think instead of adding teams to the current 9 schools, maybe give Baylor the boot and resurrect the BIG 8
Old 09-22-2011, 08:17 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TruBloodTransAm
Well looks like the remaining Big 12 schools are going to stay put for now (except A&M).

I think instead of adding teams to the current 9 schools, maybe give Baylor the boot and resurrect the BIG 8
I like this idea! Litigious ****** need to get the boot.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sprayed1998
Who cares anymore, as an aggie fan I dont give nah ***** about playing Texas. Whatever happens happens. A&M will play LSU, Auburn, Florida, Bama, ect. It will be tough enough as is. A&M will have one of the biggest schools with the most money and fans in the conference. We need to focus on finding Texas kids who want to help represent the state in the SEC. I say let the remaining Big 12 members do as they please and best of luck to everybody in the shuffle.
As an aggie "fan" and not a student it is easy for you to say that.

When an aggie enrolls as a student they go through fish camp where they ingrain their hatred for "TU" by a series of events and activities. Their entire school song is dedicated to hating "TU".

You are missing how much this will effect A&M, especially academically.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
man, we've made the rounds about everything. what left is there to argue about?

our favorite colors?
Personally I like hanes better than fruit of the loom, and boxers over briefs
Old 09-22-2011, 10:04 AM
TECH Resident

Let's talk about how Aggie faculty is going to realize that their grants and money for research is going to suffer by going to the SEC....I'm sure they'll start to complain soon enough.
Please enlighten us on exactly why moving to a different athletic conference will affect research grants. And please don't cite anything from orangebloods.com or any opinions, lay out the FACTS.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:05 AM
TECH Resident

As an aggie "fan" and not a student it is easy for you to say that.

When an aggie enrolls as a student they go through fish camp where they ingrain their hatred for "TU" by a series of events and activities. Their entire school song is dedicated to hating "TU".

You are missing how much this will effect A&M, especially academically.
Again, please outline how this will affect academics in any way, shape, or form. I know you post all over orangebloods and hate A&M with every ounce inside of you, but please try to be reasonable (if that is even possible anymore for you).
Old 09-22-2011, 10:08 AM
TECH Resident

http://www.latimes.com/sports/colleg...37,full.column

Ouch, Texas cannot be trusted anymore?
Old 09-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Teching In

Lame!!
Old 09-22-2011, 10:25 AM

http://www.latimes.com/sports/colleg...37,full.column

Ouch, Texas cannot be trusted anymore?
Yeah we can't be trusted because we look out for ourselves and don't want to give money away.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Again, please outline how this will affect academics in any way, shape, or form. I know you post all over orangebloods and hate A&M with every ounce inside of you, but please try to be reasonable (if that is even possible anymore for you).
I wasn't talking about academics. You are very bad at following along.

I don't hate A&M, my wife went there and I've gone to plenty of games and yell practices while wearing maroon.

I also don't think A&M is a bad academic school, my wife went there and she is much smarter than me (and 99.9%) of the people on this board. But SEC's academic standards are much lower than A&M's, don't forget about "Vision 2020".

Quick Reply: Texas A&M to the SEC!!