"Pass this bill"

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 06:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Of topic, I'm a civil too, but in commercial not residential
I started in roadways/highways in the 1990's, then did single and multi-family residential in the early 00's, and from 2004-2009 I did large scale commercial power center developments. I used to build Targets and major shopping plazas (the largest was 3.1M square feet/175 acres total).

I left engineering a couple of years ago. Too much BS, too much headache/liability... I went back to school and now I'm an ASE-certified and factory certified dealer technician for a brand who shall remain nameless.

[/end hijack]
Old 09-12-2011, 06:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
LOL @ this thread. Everyone has their favorite candidate(s), but that doesn't mean you can overcome the sheer masses of idiots that vote these other idiots into office. At the very best, you just hope that your favorite candidate happens to be the favorite of these masses, and is lucky enough to win an election.

No sense bitching and arguing about it. We may think we are correct, and everyone else is wrong, but that doesn't win elections. Instead of wasting time arguing about things beyond your control, go use this time to do something productive and figure out how to improve your own situation or income. Be in control of your own destiny, don't sit around and hope that politicians will look after your best interests. Once in office, they only care about themselves and being re-elected.
See that's the problem, people just sitting back while these politicans eat away at this great nation and the principles it was founded on. If you honestly think your $$$ will be worth something in the next few years you must be smoking crack. People need to argue and get mad. If you think worrying about just yourself will make everything ok then your highly mistaken. You can make sure your family is in good heath and financially stable (at least for the moment) and be involved in YOUR countries issues.

Is this really what the world is going to have to come to before people get just what the hell is going on?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_qgVn-Op7Q

And you do have a tool to get our country back its called VOTING.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:37 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Just when this was turning into an intelligent conversation...
Old 09-12-2011, 07:55 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Slow, ever heard of the Electoral College? Does your vote sway their vote? Not if they do not want it to. Millions of Americans actually think they have a vote that means something. Surprise! Out Govt thinks we are too stupid to pick a President, they prefer to do it for us.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:59 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Slow, ever heard of the Electoral College? Does your vote sway their vote? Not if they do not want it to. Millions of Americans actually think they have a vote that means something. Surprise! Out Govt thinks we are too stupid to pick a President, they prefer to do it for us.
It is worthwhile to note that a delegate for the electoral college has NEVER cast a vote against what their respective district wanted.

I still think the presidential election should be a popular vote, although Bush wouldn't have been elected in 2000 and Al Gore wouldn't have gotten fat and grown a beard, but we still would've had the hanging chad fiasco if the popular vote were close enough
Old 09-12-2011, 08:14 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

I'd still rather have popular vote. Not state weighed voting. Electoral College also basically eliminates the potential of a 3rd party to be successful.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:26 PM
Launching!

mitt romney? dude is basically in a cult. really have to question someones reasoning skills if they buy into people finding golden books in the ground.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:49 PM
On The Tree

the electoral college is good because it keeps the populations of new york and california from dominating the system, not to mention it makes less populated states worth something to the candidate so they're more likely to pay attention to them. without it, political campaigns will just go to high population states and step over states like nebraska, idaho, and vermont.

its worth noting that the electoral college is based off population, since the electoral votes are based on the number of state representatives. the people vote, majority rules and the candidate scores an electoral vote. once the votes are tallied, winner takes all. majority rules. i dont really have a problem with that
Old 09-13-2011, 06:10 AM
HTX
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by XtremeBBQ
mitt romney? dude is basically in a cult. really have to question someones reasoning skills if they buy into people finding golden books in the ground.
The idea of Mormonism is no more far fetched than any other religion on this planet. As long as a person has good morals, strong work ethics, family values, and has solutions to bring our country out of the slump it is in then I don't think his religious beliefs should matter.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:28 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Religious beliefs really do not matter for a candidate. We currently have a Muslim in the office.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:41 AM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Herman Cain. Because hes black. FTW.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:09 AM
Teching In

No one should base there decision at the ballot box on religion. There is a reason there is separation of church and state in this country. Just try to find a video on YouTube about Ron Paul discussing his religion, you wont. Now look at the other candidates they always throw there religion out there to swing more votes. Ron Paul owned it last night even the dumb assess who where booing b/c Ron Paul was right about the Muslims hating us on or foregin policy not because of our freedom lol. Cannot believe how dumb we have gotten as a country over the years.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:59 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Slow LSX
There is a reason there is separation of church and state in this country. Just try to find a video on YouTube about Ron Paul discussing his religion, you wont. Now look at the other candidates they always throw there religion out there to swing more votes.
thats what i'm trying to point out. its a messed up tactic a few used. and when you look into it deeper its BEYOND delusional, you have to take that into consideration on if someone is fit for making those decisions. You cant honestly say you can have a guy next to you saying he's down with talking snakes and golden books then turn around and say 'but i'm totally reasonable when it comes to political law!'. those 2 dont mesh up. its beyond creepy.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:21 AM
HTX
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by XtremeBBQ
thats what i'm trying to point out. its a messed up tactic a few used. and when you look into it deeper its BEYOND delusional, you have to take that into consideration on if someone is fit for making those decisions. You cant honestly say you can have a guy next to you saying he's down with talking snakes and golden books then turn around and say 'but i'm totally reasonable when it comes to political law!'. those 2 dont mesh up. its beyond creepy.
Good like finding a successful atheist leader.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:40 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Slow LSX
No one should base there decision at the ballot box on religion. There is a reason there is separation of church and state in this country.
No, they shouldn't... but they do.

When one person suffers from delusions, it's considered an illness. When many people suffer from delusions, it's called religion.

Separation of church and state is marginal at best because people don't separate politics from their religion, or their leaders. Unless a candidate is Christian, people won't elect him/her because the voting population is mostly Christian of some variety. That's probably why Romney has a minimal chance. Mormonism? No way. This country won't get past it. I know people love to cling to the Obama is Muslim thing, but fact is... he was raised largely Christian and it's been researched to death that the guy attended the same church for nearly 20 years. I'm not one to defend Owe-bama at all, but that argument is old hat. Even if he is Muslim, he appeases the masses by playing up his Christian upbringing.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:53 AM

Religious beliefs really do not matter for a candidate. We currently have a Muslim in the office.
Nuhuh he's a catholic
Old 09-13-2011, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Bluestreak
No, they shouldn't... but they do.

When one person suffers from delusions, it's considered an illness. When many people suffer from delusions, it's called religion.

Separation of church and state is marginal at best because people don't separate politics from their religion, or their leaders. Unless a candidate is Christian, people won't elect him/her because the voting population is mostly Christian of some variety. That's probably why Romney has a minimal chance. Mormonism? No way. This country won't get past it. I know people love to cling to the Obama is Muslim thing, but fact is... he was raised largely Christian and it's been researched to death that the guy attended the same church for nearly 20 years. I'm not one to defend Owe-bama at all, but that argument is old hat. Even if he is Muslim, he appeases the masses by playing up his Christian upbringing.
Apparently you didn't research it deep enough because his "pastor" is about as right wing extremist as it gets and only within the last year or two has Obama began to distance himself from that nutt-job, atleast in public as it was bad for PR but I'd bet my left nut he's still being "counseled" by him.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by HTX
Good like finding a successful atheist leader.
Unfortunately I believe that's the truth, another 20 years or so and its a possibilty. Church attendance is in record decline in all sects and will open the way for non-religious text thumping candidates.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:14 PM
Teching In

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0yOa7FrgUg
Old 09-13-2011, 12:19 PM
Teching In

Do you know what the fastest growing religion is.........Atheism. Faith is something you should keep to yourself. You don't here Atheist shoving what they believe down your throat but you sure as hell get it from everyone else. I guess ill starting spreading hate about Christians b/c a certain group of them have "terrorized" military funerals of fallen troops.

Last edited by Slow LSX; 09-13-2011 at 01:07 PM.