"Pass this bill"

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 12:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Apparently you didn't research it deep enough...
I didn't say anything about the pastor. Only that it is a Christian church the President attended for many years.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HTX
The idea of Mormonism is no more far fetched than any other religion on this planet. As long as a person has good morals, strong work ethics, family values, and has solutions to bring our country out of the slump it is in then I don't think his religious beliefs should matter.
this

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Religious beliefs really do not matter for a candidate. We currently have a Muslim in the office.
no, he's christian

Originally Posted by Slow LSX
No one should base there decision at the ballot box on religion. There is a reason there is separation of church and state in this country. Just try to find a video on YouTube about Ron Paul discussing his religion, you wont. Now look at the other candidates they always throw there religion out there to swing more votes. Ron Paul owned it last night even the dumb assess who where booing b/c Ron Paul was right about the Muslims hating us on or foregin policy not because of our freedom lol. Cannot believe how dumb we have gotten as a country over the years.
the first amendment and a candidate publicizing his/her religious beliefs are not mutually exclusive. the text states "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" this does not mean political leaders cannot or should not exercise their faith publicly. (that rule is in the bible, not the constitution) the amendment simply means that the federal government will not support, fund, or endorse any religion. you could take it a step further and say it means no national religion ( a response to the church of england, no doubt). if you read up on the framers, many of them were religious themselves and publicly said religious things.

Nuhuh he's a catholic
church of christ actually

apparently you didn't research it deep enough because his "pastor" is about as right wing extremist as it gets and only within the last year or two has Obama began to distance himself from that nutt-job, atleast in public as it was bad for PR but I'd bet my left nut he's still being "counseled" by him.
i would say jeremiah wright was more left wing extremist than right wing extremist.

Do you know what the fastest growing religion is.........Atheism. Faith is something you should keep to yourself. You don't here Atheist shoving what the believe down your throat but you sure as hell get it from everyone else. I guess ill starting spreading hate about Christians b/c a certain group of them have "terrorized" military funerals of fallen troops.
sad but true. too many godless bastards running around these days. its one thing to say you have no active relationship with some sort of religion ( such as me), but its another to completely reject religion altogether. its not natural and i usually consider this type of person a step above being mentally ill lol
Old 09-13-2011, 01:25 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

I promised myself I would not get involved in these meaningless conversations anymore . I got sucked in ...again! DAMN

Im gonna go play with my car now...
Old 09-13-2011, 01:28 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Do you know what the fastest growing religion is.........Atheism. Faith is something you should keep to yourself. You don't here Atheist shoving what they believe down your throat but you sure as hell get it from everyone else. I guess ill starting spreading hate about Christians b/c a certain group of them have "terrorized" military funerals of fallen troops.
Ahem...

Yes they do try to force it upon people. This coming from an athiest who sees 0 problems with religon (except current muslims...the majority anyways oh and omish) as 99% of the time it promotes positive meaning and good cause.

Why are athiests so easily offended by religon anyways? I dont get mad at Star Wars or Superman or Alien movies or believers. It has 0 impact on my life. But athiests seem to want to sway believers or belittle them. I dont get it.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:33 PM
On The Tree

Ya'll are getting way off topic!!! This threads about getting loaded watching an Obama speech!!
Old 09-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Originally Posted by Bluestreak
I didn't say anything about the pastor. Only that it is a Christian church the President attended for many years.
Regardless of the denomination they tout, from what I've read of the man its an extreme Marxist sect with many roots to the Muslim faith.
Originally Posted by Jake_the_Snake
this

no, he's christian

the first amendment and a candidate publicizing his/her religious beliefs are not mutually exclusive. the text states "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" this does not mean political leaders cannot or should not exercise their faith publicly. (that rule is in the bible, not the constitution) the amendment simply means that the federal government will not support, fund, or endorse any religion. you could take it a step further and say it means no national religion ( a response to the church of england, no doubt). if you read up on the framers, many of them were religious themselves and publicly said religious things.

church of christ actually

i would say jeremiah wright was more left wing extremist than right wing extremist.

sad but true. too many godless bastards running around these days. its one thing to say you have no active relationship with some sort of religion ( such as me), but its another to completely reject religion altogether. its not natural and i usually consider this type of person a step above being mentally ill lol
Yes you're right LEFT, not sure why I typed right. At any rate see reply above for my stance on his denomination that he claims.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:03 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by HTX
I promised myself I would not get involved in these meaningless conversations anymore . I got sucked in ...again! DAMN

Im gonna go play with my car now...

It's just discussion. Don't take it so seriously and it won't get the best of you.

Originally Posted by ss1129
Ahem...
Ha! I won't go into my beliefs, but those... are awesome.

Regardless of the denomination they tout, from what I've read of the man its an extreme Marxist sect with many roots to the Muslim faith.
That's an opinion, and you educated yourself to create it. A rare thing among the voting populus today. The church where that pastor preached to Obama said "Church of Christ" on the sign. He preached beneath a Christian cross, and that's all the people needed to see because even if the pastor was a nut-job, Obama's church was proof enough that he was Christian. Most voters don't look more than surface-deep at presidential candidates, Obama in particular. The media and conservative camps over-inflated Obama's connection to the preacher, Obama's camp downplayed it skillfully, and his supporters dismissed the whole scandal as right-wing media hype. Remember, at the time, people were more infatuated with electing a "black" man (even if he is only half-black)... he would have had to be a devout Muslim or followed some African Swahili religion before it affected the public consciousness. He was the right guy in the right place with the right demographic pushing him to the top, unfortunately for the rest of us who knew what he'd bring to the table (or rather, what he lacks).
Old 09-13-2011, 02:07 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

I suppose I can concede to it being an opinion, but a very informed opinion, in my opinion
Old 09-13-2011, 06:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Jake_the_Snake

See thats what I don't agree with, I have met many many atheists and none of them scared me at all into thinking they were horrible people or capable of anything insane since they don't believe in a god, its called ethics. The facts are more and more religions are being debunked as we speak by archaeologists. There have had many break threw finds in Israel that have shown the bible to have some false pretences. That's the thing, religion should never be brought up and to believe any human is not capable of being good because of there religious background is just wrong. I mean YOUR God did say never judge anyone. And almost every person of faith that really shoeboats it that I meet seems to have a lot of issues and are always blaming THERE mistakes on there faith. It's not like I go out and do crack because God told me not to its because I was taught by my parents that doing those types of drug is just dumb and does nothing good to my body or others around me. This quote by Marcus Aurelius cannot be more true, enjoy.

Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones. I am not afraid. -Marcus Aurelius

People seem to think that by praising a God every Sunday is a ticket to the good life when you die this is a very good video on a man who is very smart and very educated in religions. It's kinda long but just listen to what he has to say and he makes some very good points.

http://youtu.be/sD0B-X9LJjs
Old 09-13-2011, 06:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ss1129
Ahem...

Yes they do try to force it upon people. This coming from an athiest who sees 0 problems with religon (except current muslims...the majority anyways oh and omish) as 99% of the time it promotes positive meaning and good cause.

Why are athiests so easily offended by religon anyways? I dont get mad at Star Wars or Superman or Alien movies or believers. It has 0 impact on my life. But athiests seem to want to sway believers or belittle them. I dont get it.
I stand corrected I have been to 30+ states and have never seen any of those types of signs but it does not surprise me though seems every group of faith has there extremist. And I have ZERO issue with someone who believes in a certain faith as they have that right, but to shove what you believe down someone else's throat unwillingly is just wrong.
Old 09-13-2011, 07:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Im athiest..........swear to god I am.....

Man this thread went sideways bigtime.