Homo romo strikes again

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 07:54 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Juicy J
Why don't you bitch about Jason Witten getting knocked out by a DB, instead of going in for the TD? Why don't you bitch about the punt team letting free runners through? There are 53 men on a roster.

I heard Colin Cowherd say something I really liked the other day. If your QB never takes any chances, you end up with Matt Cassel. Your QB's going to make some plays sometimes, and sometimes he is going to give up the ball. The only person that can make plays without turning the ball over is Tom Brady. But, if you go back and look, Tony Romo doesn't give up the ball excessively, and he does a great job of protecting it in the 4th quarter, which is of course what everyone is bitching about.

I guess this all comes with being the QB of the Dallas Cowboys, but you are a fool if you think Romo can't play, or is incapable of winning you a lot of games. Period.

Cowboys fans are dismissing the facts because they are emotional about a close loss. Texans fans dismiss the facts because they want to put down the Cowboys. But none of you are coming in here with any facts. You are talking **** about him for a quality that he really doesn't have.

I for one am pumped up after the way that team played. The passing game was ridiculous, and the defense played way above my expectations. And how about Sean Lee? That kid is all over the place. Going to be a superstar.

Ok, really... I am done now.. or at least until I can't help myself.

ive made two posts...neither of them claim that tony romo sucks. hes a good quarterback that makes careless turnovers. i dont think that is up for debate.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Slow LSX
I work on my cars that's it. Other stuff is just to enjoy time with my family and friends. You guys are bitching about a sport that you have no control over. What happened to when people cheered for there team had a couple of drinks possibly and I stress a couple as they should regulate how much alcohol is sold to people, as the past 10 years proves how out of control people are getting when drunk. And when going to a sports event was inspiring. If any one really takes there kid to a sports event these days thats just bad parenting. I would never let a child be exposed to that kind of environment. I feel sorry for you if you believe professional sports is the same as it was in the past. But it will just continue to go down hill because people like you still support it and wont stand up and do something because its morally right but because your to obsessed with a f**king SPORT.

Sad to say but the Texans are not any better. Remember the videos of the fights last year?

U Mad?
well going by your point of view of sports i would imagine that you have not gone to a sporting event in a while. if you are going by what the news shows you and what you see on the internet then you are highly mistaken buddy. to say that someone is a bad parent for taking their kid to a texans game or cowboys game is just insane. i have had season tickets to the texans for the past 5-6 years and the only time there is trouble is out in the parking lot tailgating. just because you dont like sports doesnt mean you have to come in to our thread and bash us, you chose to read this thread or atleast skim over it. if you dont like what we are talking about then sorry we are not all perfect like you, maybe one day i will grow up to be just as perfect as you are. oh and btw do you have complete control over what happens to your car at all times? this is a hobby/interest to us so you have no right to judge.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I watched that fumble once again, and he actually didnt fumble the damn ball. The defender somehow knocked it out on the way down. Romo had control of the ball the whole way until it got knocked down. Its one thing to lose it before you come down, but he had it secured the whole time.

The pick was definitely a dumb play. Dez was ineffective pretty much after the 1st quarter. Not sure why he was still in the game.

Haters always gonna hate on Romo.. But the fact is that he played flawless the whole game against a team thats what #2/3 overall defense and been in the AFC championship 2 years in a row.. Damn near 350 yards passing on the JETS!!! That does say alot especially how sucked the boys were last year. ****, who was a QB that threw over 300 on the jets and had over 100 QB rating?
Old 09-14-2011, 10:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
I think you're just a bit too hung up on numbers. Would you consider Romo a better qb than Favre?
You guys give **** for romo for turnovers.. Look at Bret Favre..He throws INT every game and nobody knocks him for it.. Romo throws 1 interception and every rags on him.. Favre cost all the teams that took a chance on his old ***... Talk about choking.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:04 PM
Teching In

lol but farve made the packers champs thats the difference. Until romo does so he will get **** from everyone but his teammates and Jerry Jones.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Marcoz/28
lol but farve made the packers champs thats the difference. Until romo does so he will get **** from everyone but his teammates and Jerry Jones.
Yeah and when was that? Back in 94-95? What has Favre done since then? Romo didnt have anybody to learn from, went undrafted, and hes one of the biggest reason why the cowboys arent a team that goes 5-11 3 years in a row..Dude look at all the shitty QB the cowboys had after Aikman..Yeah, now you know why the sucked, and have a shitty November/December record.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lol are you blind and deaf or just retarded? Did you not see what happened at the Cowboys and Jets game last week??? That was in the stadium, a guy brought a TASER in the stadium. Sounds like a really good enviroment. And how do I not have control of my car I am the driver of MY vehicles which means I am in control. If something breaks I can fix it. If its low on gas I fill it up. Simple up keep and maintance will help prevent things from failing but thing do happen but I am able to take CONTROL and address the issues. If I feel like doing 225+ at the Texas Mile event I do it. You on the other hand scream at your TV or at the stadium with you super badass season passes then you come on here acting like you actually know **** about sports. You do realize your not a coach or player for a reason? Because if you were I'm pretty sure you would not be one tech bitching about crap you cannot control. Only thing you control is how much money you waste on Football when you don't even play the sport lol. You are part of the reason we are in a recession, because its sheep like you who keep giving more and more money to these players coaches ect and CEO's because your to dumb and blind to realize they don't really care about you or any other fan. THEY ONLY WANT YOUR MONEY!!!!

And FWIW I have not watched pro sports since I was 18 till I educated myself and found out what a corrupt system it was. And college sports are headed that way if not already there.

And I would never say to anyone that I was a perfect person I have flaws like everyone but mine just might be minimal to yours. And you are wrong again I have every right to say what ever I want, you know that 1st amendment freedom of speach thing, kinda a big deal ya know.
yeah because of people like me we are in the recession, REALLY!?!?!?!? the recession has nothing to do with oh iunno obama just pissin money away, asking money for his "stimulist" plan that will only be temp but makes people believe it's forever, all the people that want hand me out's instead of working, did i mention obama? but no i guess your right because people like me who work a part time job, goes to college, and spends my money on season tickets to the game is why we are in the recession. damn where have i been, i guess i should stop spending MY money how I want and just write a check to obama and let him spend it better. and i never said i was a coach, or a player, never said i could do it better. part of it is just gettin on here to talk about the game with other members whether it's talking **** or sharing our opinions. but trolls like you get in here and start crying about how we are stupid for watching sports.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
I watched that fumble once again, and he actually didnt fumble the damn ball. The defender somehow knocked it out on the way down. Romo had control of the ball the whole way until it got knocked down. Its one thing to lose it before you come down, but he had it secured the whole time.

The pick was definitely a dumb play. Dez was ineffective pretty much after the 1st quarter. Not sure why he was still in the game.

Haters always gonna hate on Romo.. But the fact is that he played flawless the whole game against a team thats what #2/3 overall defense and been in the AFC championship 2 years in a row.. Damn near 350 yards passing on the JETS!!! That does say alot especially how sucked the boys were last year. ****, who was a QB that threw over 300 on the jets and had over 100 QB rating?
Yeah I've been saying it wasn't him just losing the ball, it got knocked out and was a good defensive play. Nobody cares they're just going to talk **** til the end of the season anyways no matter what he does.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:18 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

You guys give **** for romo for turnovers.. Look at Bret Favre..He throws INT every game and nobody knocks him for it.. Romo throws 1 interception and every rags on him.. Favre cost all the teams that took a chance on his old ***... Talk about choking.
That was kinda my point, I was going to see if he would take that bait but you kinda screwed that up

The guy has the all time interception record which you would think on paper makes him a bad qb when in reality he has almost as much of a dominating effect on the game as Manning or Brady. Numbers on paper ain't everything.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:43 AM
Teching In

Yeah and when was that? Back in 94-95? What has Favre done since then? Romo didnt have anybody to learn from, went undrafted, and hes one of the biggest reason why the cowboys arent a team that goes 5-11 3 years in a row..Dude look at all the shitty QB the cowboys had after Aikman..Yeah, now you know why the sucked, and have a shitty November/December record.
umm what has farve done since then lol from your perspective he only mentored Rogers for so many years-who gave them a ring lol
Old 09-15-2011, 08:49 AM
12 Second Club

Lol your one of those kids, blaming it all on one man huh?? You do realize Bush was just as big of a failure??? He has still taken more vacations than any other president out there by far and obama is not even close. You have been mind f**ked since the day you were born. And congrats on college you just joined the elite 92% of young Americans lol. When your whole word is crashing down on you, you will then realize why spending all of your money on stupid pro sports that means nothing anymore. I suggest you SAVE what little money you have buy a **** ton of gold (as the American dollar is crap now) and prepare yourself for what is about to happen instead of ragging about a useless pro sport on the internet that has no moral value any more. Thats the point I am making, and with someone with as full of a load as you sound like you have I don't even know how you have a social life or do your school work when you spend all day on tech or watching pro sports.
Lemme guess, you tried out for high school sports and couldn't make the team? You seem awfully bitter and upset about a "stupid game that nobody should care about." Just sayin...
Old 09-15-2011, 09:09 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

umm what has farve done since then lol from your perspective he only mentored Rogers for so many years-who gave them a ring lol
Don't forget almost taking the Vikings to the SB single-handedly at 40 years old. Showing his peepee to everyone must've gave him a second wind
Originally Posted by 78novacaine
Lemme guess, you tried out for high school sports and couldn't make the team? You seem awfully bitter and upset about a "stupid game that nobody should care about." Just sayin...
He's damn sure bitter about something

Point blank, pro sports are a hobby just like woodworking, cars, fishing, hunting etc. It's just all in what you like to do with your free time. I don't watch nearly as much as I used to because I think Goodall is screwing uo the game with all these pansy *** rules so the game can't be played the way it should be imo.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Don't forget almost taking the Vikings to the SB single-handedly at 40 years old. Showing his peepee to everyone must've gave him a second wind

He's damn sure bitter about something

Point blank, pro sports are a hobby just like woodworking, cars, fishing, hunting etc. It's just all in what you like to do with your free time. I don't watch nearly as much as I used to because I think Goodall is screwing uo the game with all these pansy *** rules so the game can't be played the way it should be imo.
You aren't kidding about the new pansy rules they have came out with, **** sucks!
Old 09-15-2011, 12:18 PM
12 Second Club

You should care, you should care the direction your sport has gone in, downhill. And I did play in highschool but got burnt out from it but if your really gonna try to come up with a lame comeback like that. Shows how IMMATURE you are.
Right, and calling someone either blind and deaf or just retarded is the absolute definition of maturity
Old 09-15-2011, 12:29 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SIC GTO
Yeah I've been saying it wasn't him just losing the ball, it got knocked out and was a good defensive play. Nobody cares they're just going to talk **** til the end of the season anyways no matter what he does.
everyone knows it got knocked out... but if he had been protecting the ball it wouldnt have been knocked out. take a sack, throw it away, take an intentional grounding penalty, but for the love of god don't fumble it away on a "oh **** im bout to get hit, so let me get down" slide.

this was the jets offense in the fourth quarter...1 offensive TD, a 40 yard drive that ended in a fumble, and a 2 yard drive to win the game. the loss is a direct result of romo not protecting the ball and the special teams forgetting they were supposed to block.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

Sad to say but the Texans are not any better. Remember the videos of the fights last year?
^^^that was basically my point… Texans fans are a class below the rest of the league. Just look at this ******* thread that got started over the cowboys that shoulda beaten an afc champ contender (2 straight years) but the jets are good no doubt. I'm kinda glad it happened at this point in the season than rather week 15/16 when you need a win to fight for a playoff spot. And the reason guys like me love professional sports is cause as kids and young adults we grew up playing these sports. You might be right about folks salaries but theres no regressing back now kinda like min wage.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by wowsers
everyone knows it got knocked out... but if he had been protecting the ball it wouldnt have been knocked out. take a sack, throw it away, take an intentional grounding penalty, but for the love of god don't fumble it away on a "oh **** im bout to get hit, so let me get down" slide.

this was the jets offense in the fourth quarter...1 offensive TD, a 40 yard drive that ended in a fumble, and a 2 yard drive to win the game. the loss is a direct result of romo not protecting the ball and the special teams forgetting they were supposed to block.
Yeah I wish he would have just went down instead of trying to make a play. At least it happend early in the season and he's getting killed by the media so it shouldn't happen again.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:41 PM
LS7 Member

I still think Romo and Schaub are in the same tier as far as QB's. I would be happy with either QB running an offense.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:31 PM
Launching!

Romo's career interception % is 3.0. Brady 2.2/ Peyton 2.7/ Favre 4.2/ Staubach 3.7/ Aikman 3.0/ Elway 3.1. Good QB, bad timing.
All of these guy's have rings, I wonder if Romo will ever get one?
Old 09-15-2011, 07:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exactly.. Rodgers was already a good QB out of Cal. Where was romo? Rodgers learned from a champion QB.. Who did romo learn from? Quincy Carter, Drew Bledsoe, Ryan Leaf?

Favre choked with Jets causing them to miss the playoffs.. What happened with the Vikes? How many interceptions did he throw vs. the saints? lmao.. They made it to the NFC championship game cuz of #28!! Sure Favre had a great season that year, but #28 had a huge part in that.

Romo is only into his 5th full season.. You haters make it seem like hes at the end of his career.. Look how long it took elway, and peyton to win one.. ****, Peyton choked every year vs. Brady until he finally beat him.

Quick Reply: Homo romo strikes again