Make my Day - Willowbrook Mall

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 08:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HTX
No bullshit sir. You should educate yourself a little. It might benefit you next time you wish to do a burnout.

You do not HAVE to indicate privacy. Most land that isn't government owned is private property.
Sorry I meant the accident is total bullshit not your statement lol. So you're saying I can park in handy cap spots all day long and not get a ticket because cops don't have jurisdiction there? You're also saying I can't get an expired inspection/registration ticket if my car is parked in a lot? Cops can legally write tickets in parking lots if they want to.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:28 AM
HTX
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ultradriver10000
Sorry I meant the accident is total bullshit not your statement lol. So you're saying I can park in handy cap spots all day long and not get a ticket because cops don't have jurisdiction there? You're also saying I can't get an expired inspection/registration ticket if my car is parked in a lot? Cops can legally write tickets in parking lots if they want to.
Lol. I was thinking to myself "damn that dude got pissed pretty quick"

Parking restrictions are enforced by building codes. And there is nothing illegal about having an unregistered, uninspected car in a parking lot.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:18 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can also go down and file a "blue form" accident report at the local police station. If the other party does not file a contradictory report, that will become the record of the accident after I believe 10 days. That could help you in court if you go that route.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:49 AM
Staging Lane

Default Willowbrook pics

Called all insurance companies to report incident...Filed paperwork..Suppose to be getting with me today...We'll see how this plays out..Thanks for the responses...It sure is frustrating as well as time consuming...
Attached Thumbnails Make my Day - Willowbrook Mall-red-bump-avatar.jpg   Make my Day - Willowbrook Mall-red-fender-avatar.jpg  
Old 09-19-2011, 10:56 AM
On The Tree

That **** will buff right out!

Fkn SuX. Should have gone and kicked in a door or window.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HTX
Lol. I was thinking to myself "damn that dude got pissed pretty quick"

Parking restrictions are enforced by building codes. And there is nothing illegal about having an unregistered, uninspected car in a parking lot.
My friend received and expired inspection ticket on his car while it was sitting in a college parking lot. :-/ I've just always heard that a public parking lot was considered a roadway by some. Maybe if I had a lawyer look over those tickets they would have been tossed out. Never cared too much I guess, just payed the $75 fine or whatever lol.

Originally Posted by Blackfly
That **** will buff right out!

Fkn SuX. Should have gone and kicked in a door or window.
Eeek sorry for your loss lol. I would have impounded that fools car. LoL
Old 09-19-2011, 11:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

I agree, from what the cop said, I could take this new info and start racing the outer circle at the mall and the cops couldn't do **** about it.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:26 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Camaro Junky
I agree, from what the cop said, I could take this new info and start racing the outer circle at the mall and the cops couldn't do **** about it.
lets make it a LS1tech get together, friday night circle track racing at the willowbrook mall
Old 09-19-2011, 07:34 PM
TECH Resident

My friend received and expired inspection ticket on his car while it was sitting in a college parking lot. :-/ I've just always heard that a public parking lot was considered a roadway by some. Maybe if I had a lawyer look over those tickets they would have been tossed out. Never cared too much I guess, just payed the $75 fine or whatever lol.

College parking lots have different "rules/laws". Its usually in the Student Code of Conduct or one of the MANY things you have to "read" and sign that will tell you your vehicle must be up to code or you'll receive a citation.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Adam1982
lets make it a LS1tech get together, friday night circle track racing at the willowbrook mall
reckless endangerment, do not pass go do not collect $200 just go strait to jail.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HTX
Y'all know that there are no traffic laws on private property right. Meaning the unlicensed driver wasn't illegal... no tickets, no arrest.

Best you can do is take them to civil court. Whether or not it is worth your time is up to you. I hope you have full coverage on it. Good luck with repairs.
Originally Posted by Cam72aro
This man knows what he is talking about. My little brother went through this a few years ago in the high school parking lot in his 69 Chevelle. He was coming down an isle when a lady side swiped him in the right rear quarter. She admitted fault, then later denied it. The police couldn't do anything. We ended up threatening with civil court and she ended up paying after several months of letters and back and forth. You can run stops signs in a parking lot and not get a ticket. Parking lots are the worst and thats why its best to be careful and watch out.
umm wasnt there some guy who got a ticket for doing 35mph in a mall parking lot awhile back near houston? Doesnt make sense now. Wish i remembered his screen name.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CarsandWomen
reckless endangerment, do not pass go do not collect $200 just go strait to jail.
Only if you don't hit someone and have insurance. If you do hit someone and have no insurance, it will be a private matter....
Old 09-20-2011, 11:35 AM
Teching In

^^^ Looking for the damn "LIKE" button ^^^ lol

Its like wipin' before ya poop, its doesn't make no damn sense! haha
Old 09-20-2011, 11:43 AM
HTX
TECH Regular

The loop around willowbrook mall is a public road. "Willowbrook Drive"
Old 09-20-2011, 12:02 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

I am by no means an expert in law. My knowledge based on the fact that I used to manage a fast food restaurant with high parking lot traffic. People would bump into each other, hit the drive through stalls, speed through, and other things as well. When people would damage our building we filed police reports but they were never criminaly responsible. When people hit each other they would always want me to get involved but there was nothing I could do. If someone was acting reckless the best I could do was tell them to leave. If they stayed then they were trespassing, but they were never responsible for violations of traffic laws because there were none.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:06 PM
TECH Resident

I bet a University cop wrote your friend the ticket on the university campus. I believe they have the highest jurisdiction on their respective campuses.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:12 PM
On The Tree

should have beat his *** then on the grounds that it was private property
Old 09-20-2011, 07:59 PM
Launching!

Thats what we get for letting illegal immigrants into our country!
Old 09-22-2011, 11:35 AM
Staging Lane

Well, after 3 days of waiting, I call ACCC Insurance to check on claim...They say I have no claim...Because the person driving was not the owner, Claim Denied...Just did a goolge search on ACCC Insurance...Wow!! More mad people than I could read. I have now contacted my insurance to see what they can do...Looks like I'll end up paying for it myself to keep from filling a claim and have my insurance go up 20% for the next 5 years...I love the state of Texas. I would not live anywhere else. We pay some of the highest auto premiums in the nation and I here on the news this morning we will be going up again...The news report says due to the cost of repairing cars has risen. I say BS..Due to the fact we have so many people driving without documentation, drivers license as well as adequate insurance..
In my opinion, Should be an automatic 30 days in jail if caught on puplic roads or private mall property...
Old 09-22-2011, 11:55 AM
HTX
TECH Regular

Take them to court.