Make my Day - Willowbrook Mall

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 06:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Make my Day - Willowbrook Mall

Wife calls from the Mall...She's been hit...Now mind you, I just finished putting Painted rally stripes, Grille, and Retro emblems on the 5th Gen...Let's see how this will play out...No Drivers License, No Insurance, Borrowed car...Cops say they can do nothing because accident occurred on private property. She's driving the outer circle and the 96 Camry comes out of Pizza Hut across 2 lanes with out stopping..and clips the front fender across the fascia..Can't wait to go home and start tear down..I'll post pic's Monday..
Old 09-17-2011, 07:03 PM
Teching In

Find that guy and kill him.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:04 PM
9 Second Club

Unhappy

Originally Posted by TEXASLESS
Wife calls from the Mall...She's been hit...Now mind you, I just finished putting Painted rally stripes, Grille, and Retro emblems on the 5th Gen...Let's see how this will play out...No Drivers License, No Insurance, Borrowed car...Cops say they can do nothing because accident occurred on private property. She's driving the outer circle and the 96 Camry comes out of Pizza Hut across 2 lanes with out stopping..and clips the front fender across the fascia..Can't wait to go home and start tear down..I'll post pic's Monday..
Can't do anything? Isn't driving without insurance and license illegal? At the very least I'd make sure they got their asses handed to them.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:33 PM
On The Tree

What a bunch of bullshit. I definately would have made absolutely sure they went to town on that worthless piece of **** and handed his *** tickets for everything. Impound his car, and hand their *** a handful of citations. There has to be something you can do.........small claims, but no guarantees there either. I would do everything I could to make that persons life a living hell. Why do WE have to pay our hard earned money for insurance, and these SOB's get to run around and live off our money AND **** our cars up and not pay a GD dime? Sorry, this **** pisses me the hell off.....
Old 09-17-2011, 07:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by gcodetx
Find that guy and kill him.
after all, it IS killing season...
Old 09-17-2011, 08:20 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Y'all know that there are no traffic laws on private property right. Meaning the unlicensed driver wasn't illegal... no tickets, no arrest.

Best you can do is take them to civil court. Whether or not it is worth your time is up to you. I hope you have full coverage on it. Good luck with repairs.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HTX
Y'all know that there are no traffic laws on private property right. Meaning the unlicensed driver wasn't illegal... no tickets, no arrest. Best you can do is take them to civil court.
This man knows what he is talking about. My little brother went through this a few years ago in the high school parking lot in his 69 Chevelle. He was coming down an isle when a lady side swiped him in the right rear quarter. She admitted fault, then later denied it. The police couldn't do anything. We ended up threatening with civil court and she ended up paying after several months of letters and back and forth. You can run stops signs in a parking lot and not get a ticket. Parking lots are the worst and thats why its best to be careful and watch out.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:51 PM
On The Tree

Had it happen to my wife in front of HPD office on a street, driver illegal, no insurance. Officer said no use in writing tickets due to info would be false and no way to track the illegals.
Isn't nice to live in a "santuary city"
Hope your insurance company treats you right and you get back to where it was or better. Good luck!!!!
Old 09-17-2011, 10:41 PM
9 Second Club

So this son of a Bitch gets off squeaky clean, while I get pulled over and ticketed for no front plate. That's almost a $200 ticket now!
Old 09-17-2011, 11:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Write to your elected officials...
Old 09-18-2011, 11:13 AM
On The Tree

I got hit by a guy with no insurance or drivers license. It sucked. The Cops did nothing and my insurance had to pay for it. Then my premium went up. BS !
Old 09-18-2011, 11:39 AM
TECH Veteran

The officers could have followed the POS until he was off private property and waited for him to make a traffic violation and then hooked him up.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:33 PM
On The Tree

So if I run a stop sign at walmart and a cop sees me, can he ticket me?
Old 09-18-2011, 03:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by kingd_202
So if I run a stop sign at walmart and a cop sees me, can he ticket me?
If it's a sign inside the parking lot, no. If it's one at the highway leaving the lot, yes. I never stop at the ones inside the lot, but will slowly roll through if there's nobody trying to cross.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

About 9 years ago I was hit by a car, the car was being driven by the owners daughters boyfriend. They did not have insurance, I took them to small claims court, they lost. I then went to the DPS office (which a court employee told me to do) Showed the clerk at the office my court papers and here is what happened.
They siezed the liscence of the registered OWNER until the court amount was payed to me. Not the driver but the OWNER
Old 09-18-2011, 04:47 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RARON455
About 9 years ago I was hit by a car, the car was being driven by the owners daughters boyfriend. They did not have insurance, I took them to small claims court, they lost. I then went to the DPS office (which a court employee told me to do) Showed the clerk at the office my court papers and here is what happened.
They siezed the liscence of the registered OWNER until the court amount was payed to me. Not the driver but the OWNER
The owner didn't have insurance?
Old 09-18-2011, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HTX
Y'all know that there are no traffic laws on private property right. Meaning the unlicensed driver wasn't illegal... no tickets, no arrest.

Best you can do is take them to civil court. Whether or not it is worth your time is up to you. I hope you have full coverage on it. Good luck with repairs.
Total bullshit there man. I've gotten/know of guys getting plenty of tickets for doing burnouts in parking lots. A parking lot is public property NOT private property. In order to be private there has to be some implication of privacy or a device to prevent the general public from entering. IE a fence, gate, booth etc.
Old 09-18-2011, 04:58 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ultradriver10000
Total bullshit there man. I've gotten/know of guys getting plenty of tickets for doing burnouts in parking lots. A parking lot is public property NOT private property. In order to be private there has to be some implication of privacy or a device to prevent the general public from entering. IE a fence, gate, booth etc.
No bullshit sir. You should educate yourself a little. It might benefit you next time you wish to do a burnout.

You do not HAVE to indicate privacy. Most land that isn't government owned is private property.

Last edited by HTX; 09-18-2011 at 11:15 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:47 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LS69TA
The officers could have followed the POS until he was off private property and waited for him to make a traffic violation and then hooked him up.
Pretty sure that would be some sort of entrapment. Kinda like a cop sitting next you while you're drinking at a bar, then when you leave he arrests you as soon as you're out the door for public intox or some **** like that.

Was the driver an illegal? I'll ask cause it seemed to have gone there without the OP mentioning the drivers green card status. Plus it'll make this thread explode if they were an illegal!
Old 09-19-2011, 03:13 AM
9 Second Club

when i got hit at TX2K10 (the S10 on friday night) i made damn sure the cops made a police report saying it was her fault. that is the only leg you have to stand on in court, maybe see if there is any security footage of the accident. those are your only, legal chances.