Who has Samsung's Galaxy S2? Vs. Iphone5

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the Verizon version - 'Fascinate'

Cant help ya with the itunes since I had a ton of music on my mini SD card, just clicked it in and all my songs, contacts, pics, were already there. Theres tons of free aps that let you download songs for free, usual download time per song is like 4sec.

Touch screen is awesome, I have a clear protector and if my fingers are oily, it may mess up a little. All I have to do is wipe my hands and the screen and it works flawlessly.

Internet speed is incredible and you can open up to four windows at a time. With Verizon, except for one area at Camp Pendleton, I have yet to lose signal.

Phone automatically sync'd with my contacts, Facebook, and Google. Dont have a twitter acct but FB updates are instant

If im on the internet, I can use the battery in under two hours. Just regular use - phone, text, music player - battery can last 2+ days, perhaps longer

any other questions, lemme know
Old 09-29-2011, 05:58 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a jailbroken iphone 4 that's been modded and tweaked to the max, there's nothing a android phone can do that I can't. So far I've owned a iphone for 2 years..and I must say I'll never own anything else. Ease of use is unreal and everything is very organized and easily displayed. I've seen android phones and I just get lost in all the bullshit they have on there, and I'm somewhat of a tech guy.

The new 5 is going to be great if it lives up to the hype, however its going to be awhile before there is a jail break for the new firmware...which sucks because I love having Flash, utorrent capabilities and all my other tweaks and tools that are on my 4

also all you guys complaining about itunes, with a jailbroken phone you can drag and drop files instead of using itunes...awesome for word files and PDF's as well
Old 09-29-2011, 07:30 AM
On The Tree

What are the disadvantages of having a jailbroken phone?? Other than it being illegal.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by rabiddog
What are the disadvantages of having a jailbroken phone?? Other than it being illegal.
Illegal... THAT is so dumb! Anyone who buys a product should have FULL rights to do what he/ she wishes to do with it. PERIOD!.

If the manufacturers keep getting their way, it will be illegal for one to do anything to a product except use it.

If I want to take a product apart and study the innerworkings I should have the right to do that.

That is what Anonymous is for. To STOP this THEFT of freedom. Some of their actions are questionable but if it takes a slap in the face to wake some people up and recognize their is a REAL CYBERWAR going on. So be it.

What is illegal for releasing a phone from the limited clutches of it's maker because it's maker has stock in future Tech and wants society to follow his vision? Essentially you are offering FREEDOM to a gadget. Kinda like people that come to this country who want freedom from a tyrant.

Sorry. Back on Topic.

I believe if your phone is "Jail broken" you cant get the updates as quickly as the majority of society, you have to wait for a homebrew update.

Last edited by Blackfly; 09-29-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:28 AM
On The Tree

When you get apps for free you are stealing from the makers of the apps which is normally not apple. So even if you break the law by bypassing apples firmware(which doesn't hurt my feelings much) you are still taking out of the pockets of the independents that are making the apps. That's the only beef I have about it.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:39 PM
Teching In

I have heard that jailbreaking I no longer considered illegal and neither is unlocking
I have even heard of iPhone being sold factory pre-unlocked
I get what your saying though about stealing the apps and in some sense you are very right
But I can't complain because mine is jailbroken