Who has Samsung's Galaxy S2? Vs. Iphone5

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 10:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has Samsung's Galaxy S2? Vs. Iphone5

So I'm up for my upgrade and no ties to a contract. I use itunes for my entire music library and I am reluctant to convert 60+ gigs of music to MP3 format just so I play it on W.M.P.

My windows phone only plays MP3's.

I have wanted an iphone for a long time now but I will consider an alternative if it fits my needs. I own 2 ipod touch (4/16 GB)

Now that the iphone 5 is about to be released I am going to compare features of the phones. But I wanted to get user incite of real world use.

My 16 GB itouch connects to my 2011 SS via blue tooth. This is a nice feature because I have full control over my music (pause, select next track) compared to connecting via USB- I have to use the radio controls and it is very cumbersome and slow.

Anyway, for those with a Samsung's Galaxy S2 what issues are you having with your phone?

lock-ups?

touch screen failing?

How do you manage your music and itunes? does it sync?

Do your contacts (email/phone #) interact with social media apps such as FB? (i.e My windows phone use's FB to create my contacts list, if we were friends on FB, my phone adds your contact info to my contacts list. If you update your profile pic, It updates on my phone)

Do you get live posts from FB and twitter?

Speed loading apps?

Internet Speed?

Battery power?

How well does it interact with Tech and other web boards?
(my windows phone does not allow me to upload pics to tech)

Last edited by Blackfly; 09-28-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well not much has been released on the iphone 5 yet so its hard to say, I would imagine the galaxy will be faster, but the iphone is going to be more user friendly. But really comes down to which OS you like better, android or iOS.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:44 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

How can you compare two phones when no official specs have been released about one of the phones?
Old 09-28-2011, 12:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
How can you compare two phones when no official specs have been released about one of the phones?
I was asking for info on how the S2 functions as a phone in the real world. What are it's conn's if any? I could go to a store and look at the phone but i was trying to get feedback from people who use it everyday and knows how it integrates with iTunes, social media and other daily uses. My questions are in the OP FOR the S2.

I will compare the iPhone specs next week. I think most know the quality and functions of an iPhone.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Blackfly
I was asking for info on how the S2 functions as a phone in the real world. What are it's conn's if any? I could go to a store and look at the phone but i was trying to get feedback from people who use it everyday and knows how it integrates with iTunes, social media and other daily uses. My questions are in the OP FOR the S2.

I will compare the iPhone specs next week. I think most know the quality and functions of an iPhone.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I have an iPhone, but I hate iTunes. I have over 100 gigs of mp3s but I don't have a single song on my iPhone because of the whole iTunes/MP4/conversion/gaynonsense/sync/gayness.
Old 09-28-2011, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The iPhone will end up better, always does. I tried to fight the apple craze but after breaking 3 mp3 players I went to apple and never had an issue. Same with the phones, I love my iPhone.

Trending Topics

Old 09-28-2011, 01:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Jake_the_Snake
lol! you like that!?

The title is a bit misleading (kinda) So is marketing in general. haha!

We can S2 Vs. iP5 next week after it is released.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:14 PM

If the iPhone ends up coming to Sprint like they say its going to then I'll probably trade in my evo for it. My EVO is awesome but the battery life sucks and with the extended life battery its a giant brick with no good protective case offers with the tumor of a battery sticking out the back. All the cool docking station stuff is geared toward iPhone too. I'm not a big techy guru so most of the stuff that makes Android better than iPhone is irrelevant for me. Needs to have a decent sized screen, good camera and good battery life and I'll be sold.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:18 PM
TECH Junkie

If the iPhone ends up coming to Sprint like they say its going to then I'll probably trade in my evo for it. My EVO is awesome but the battery life sucks and with the extended life battery its a giant brick with no good protective case offers with the tumor of a battery sticking out the back. All the cool docking station stuff is geared toward iPhone too. I'm not a big techy guru so most of the stuff that makes Android better than iPhone is irrelevant for me. Needs to have a decent sized screen, good camera and good battery life and I'll be sold.
I'm right there with you. I'm also not a big techy guru, so iTunes is the only downside to me having an iPhone. Maybe if I just sat down one day and actually attempted to learn it, I'd change my tune.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:28 PM

I've never messed with itunes as I've always had people load the music on my ipod(i avoid technology like the plague) but as I understand it you can just drag and drop music into itunes. Then connect whatever music device and load it up right? I know it can't be too difficult since my 54 year old mom has music in her iPhone 4

I'm still stuck in the days od limewire and burning cds for my Sony walkman cd player
Old 09-28-2011, 01:38 PM
On The Tree

Im a multi-media designer. I'm a very big techy guru. Especially in the case of social media (wordpress, FB, Twitter). It dominates our market and is not going to stop anytime soon.

Gadgets such as these have been integrated into our everyday life. It is everything we need "on the go". (Thank you Star Trek)

Right now I carry (in my pocket) a phone, ipod and a wallet. Condensing all that down to one item is great.

But being that I'm out of contract, I want to get the phone that will benefit my lifestyle the most. (I'm not buying a new one every year... that is dumb)

SO, No S2 users on Tech?
Old 09-28-2011, 01:44 PM
On The Tree

I'm still stuck in the days od limewire and burning cds for my Sony walkman cd player
lol! Blueray much??? Thats awesome!

This is Data direct from Nielsen:

· Social networks and blogs continue to dominate Americans’ time online, now accounting for nearly a quarter of total time spent on the Internet
· Social media has grown rapidly – today nearly 4 in 5 active Internet users visit social networks and blogs
· Americans spend more time on Facebook than they do on any other U.S. website

It's not going away. And Assimilation is occurring everyday... here is one more:
· Internet users over the age of 55 are driving the growth of social networking through the Mobile Internet

"...Mobile Internet"
Old 09-28-2011, 02:11 PM

I do have a bluray player and even an hddvd player. Those are simple, I'm good with tangeable objects, I just don't do well with stuff o don't really have a desire to learn. I know enough techy people to take care of that stuff for me. When they've got a car problem or want to build something they can come to me
Old 09-28-2011, 03:23 PM
TECH Junkie

So, if I take 100 songs and drag & drop them into itunes, do I now have 100 mp3s in my original folder and 100 mp4s in a separate itunes folder on my computer? So, now I'm taking up extra storage? Or do they exit itunes when you download them to your phone?

Damn, I hate this crap. I don't need a middle man (itunes). I should just be able to go from my computer to an external storage device (iphone). *******! lol
Old 09-28-2011, 03:31 PM

That's how I understand it. The only thing I know for sure that I've seen is you can rip songs off a cd directly into itunes. I know, not much help. At the age 25 you'd think I'd be a bit more "on-the-know" about technology
Old 09-28-2011, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by -Ross-
So, if I take 100 songs and drag & drop them into itunes, do I now have 100 mp3s in my original folder and 100 mp4s in a separate itunes folder on my computer? So, now I'm taking up extra storage? Or do they exit itunes when you download them to your phone?

Damn, I hate this crap. I don't need a middle man (itunes). I should just be able to go from my computer to an external storage device (iphone). *******! lol
why, with my htc evo all i do is plug in the usb cable, open up the folders and then drag n drop the file into the evo. this lack of extra bs is why i love android phones so much. i absolutely refuse to use any apple product, be it an iphone, ipod, ipad, macbook, etc... to me, its all overpriced iShit
Old 09-28-2011, 10:22 PM
Teching In

I would do the iphone 5 the way people are hyping it up it should be the next big thing
Dual core
Larger screen
And I heard rumors of a 64gb
Also if you jailbreak
U never have to connect your phone to a computer just download and transfer right on your phone for free
Old 09-28-2011, 10:29 PM
Teching In

These aren't for sure specs of course because nothing official has been release but we should know on October 4
Apple's next been meeting where the iPhone 5 is suppose to be released
Old 09-28-2011, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jake_the_Snake
why, with my htc evo all i do is plug in the usb cable, open up the folders and then drag n drop the file into the evo. this lack of extra bs is why i love android phones so much. i absolutely refuse to use any apple product, be it an iphone, ipod, ipad, macbook, etc... to me, its all overpriced iShit
I use to think the exact same way as you, but this is definitely one of those things, "you get what you pay for."