Way to go alabama

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 01:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am for LEGAL immigration. Pay the fee,wait your turn and learn our language and then become part of the USA. Coming here illegally is wrong and we all pay the price. When I lived in california and went to a very nice ER I saw a lot of hispanic panic AE: the kid bumped his head but mommy and poppy the NON english speaking parents decided to go to the ER without insurance and wont pay a penny. BUT the ER had two ER's. Fast track was for people with insurance and the standard ER where you wait 7-10 hours. As a nurse told me they usually leave before being treated. By law a hospital has to triage a patient and acess them before seeing a Dr. BUT they dont have to treat them after that.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rabiddog
here are a few pointers of why its sucking us dry.

The costs of illegal immigration to the taxpayer are numerous, but the largest costs are education of their children, emergency medical care and incarceration for those arrested for crimes. Despite being ineligible, some illegal aliens also get welfare the same way they get jobs: with identity documents falsely identifying them as U.S. citizens. In addition, if they have U.S.-born children, they may collect welfare assistance in the name of those children. The annual net cost of illegal immigrants (after subtracting their tax payments) to the American taxpayer is likely to be more than $45 billion. Our recent study of the net fiscal “Costs of illegal immigration to Californians” estimated the partial costs at $10.5 billion in that state alone.

According to a study in 1996 of the costs of illegal immigration by Rice Univ. economist, Dr. Donald Huddle, illegal aliens were displacing roughly 730,000 American workers every year, at a cost of about $4.3 billion a year, and the supply of cheap labor depresses the wages and working conditions of the working poor. The approximate doubling of the illegal alien population since the time of that estimate means that the number of jobs lost to American workers and the costs of displacement would also likely have more than doubled.

^^^ This is a study in 1996 think how bad it is now. Also when you have Legal citizens that could be getting the job but are getting beat out by people that will work for less because they dont have to pay anything to the government... How is that right???

There is a list of several million eligible people waiting to be legally admitted as immigrants to our country; some of them have been on that list for many years waiting for one of the numerically limited visas to become available. Illegal immigration makes a mockery of those people's adherence to the rules and of our country's sovereignty.

Just a couple pointers for you. Looking at it from right and wrong aspect alone should be enough for everyone to jump on board and stop letting illegals enter like they do and have more freedoms that citizens of the US.

If everyone started entering legally then the number of visa's would have to go up and people that are entering propperly would be the right taxes and required to follow the same laws as everyone else.

Just my .02

I'm all for enforcing immigration laws, but this blaming reminds me of Adolf blaming the Jews for all of Germany's financial problems during the last big global depression. That isn't the only historical example of this either.

So it is illegal immigrant's fauly for the US being so deep into debt to China? What we spend on them is nothing compared to what is spend on SS and other social programs. Illegals aren't the cause and deporting them all is not the answer to our financial issues either. The jobs most illegals take are jobs that US citizens think they're too good to do themselves.

Last edited by Greed4Speed; 09-30-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:35 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

When the useless POS's on welfare and unemployement find themselves no longer getting that check I bet they get their *** out there and work

Illegal immigration is not the sole cause if our massive deficit but its a decent sized chunk of it.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
When the useless POS's on welfare and unemployement find themselves no longer getting that check I bet they get their *** out there and work

Illegal immigration is not the sole cause if our massive deficit but its a decent sized chunk of it.
And when is this going to happen?

The government will fail before you see this. How else will politicians buy votes? At that point all of this is moot.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Greed4Speed
And when is this going to happen?

The government will fail before you see this. How else will politicians buy votes? At that point all of this is moot.
Probably never, I agree. As was talked about earlier, integrating Florida's policy would be a good step in the right direction. There are too many lazy people in the US so I don't hold out much hope for anything to truly change until the government actually fails.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:17 PM
On The Tree

I'm all for enforcing immigration laws, but this blaming reminds me of Adolf blaming the Jews for all of Germany's financial problems during the last big global depression. That isn't the only historical example of this either.

So it is illegal immigrant's fauly for the US being so deep into debt to China? What we spend on them is nothing compared to what is spend on SS and other social programs. Illegals aren't the cause and deporting them all is not the answer to our financial issues either. The jobs most illegals take are jobs that US citizens think they're too good to do themselves.
In the process of getting onto the right track this is a good first step.

As for the jobs most illegal’s take are jobs that US citizens think they're too good to do themselves.... Wow I just don’t know where to begin with this. OK, First off its not jobs that US citizens don’t want to do its just jobs they can’t afford to do. You might be saying to yourself WTF is this guy talking about right now but just give me a minute.

First off the pay for the job that they are performing is minimum and the reason on why the pay is minimum is because company's or corporations are taking advantage of it and hiring people for cash jobs to do work not paying taxes on what they pay and the person not paying taxes either.

Second if you get rid of illegal’s or make them legal and expect them to pay taxes and their employers to pay taxes also then that is going to give the govt more money.

That’s enough for now. I suggest you look around on some websites if you want more detail on the subject.

Also from what I have found is that most people that think it’s ok either are illegal or have family/friends that are illegal.

The other percentage of people that employ illegal’s to do work.

As for getting the country out of debt.... It's going to take a hell of a lot more than just this.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

i agree this isnt the whole cause of the economic problems. but it damn sure isnt helping. around here, they take industrial jobs. mechanics, machine shops, plants, etc. all jobs i would love to have. im tired of the old "they only do jobs no one else wants to do" excuse. its bull ****. granted, they arent exactly taking ceo positions but cmon
Old 09-30-2011, 04:35 PM
11 Second Club

it also maybe a good idea to encourage illegals to become citizens.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Saying cutting the money out we spend on illegal immigrants will not cure our debt is like someone saying cutting his $250/month full hd with dvr cable service in every room out won't help him get out of personal debt. No. It won't get him out of all of his debt, but it will certainly get him one good step in the right direction.

Wasteful spending when you can't afford it is just that. Wasteful spending. Stop giving all the people a free ride. That goes for illegals and the lazy pieces of **** American born trash who refuse to work.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Saying cutting the money out we spend on illegal immigrants will not cure our debt is like someone saying cutting his $250/month full hd with dvr cable service in every room out won't help him get out of personal debt. No. It won't get him out of all of his debt, but it will certainly get him one good step in the right direction.

Wasteful spending when you can't afford it is just that. Wasteful spending. Stop giving all the people a free ride. That goes for illegals and the lazy pieces of **** American born trash who refuse to work.
Ross for president
Old 09-30-2011, 08:09 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Ross for president
then he could finally settle the moon landing argument
Old 09-30-2011, 08:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes. Lets plug this little hole in the sinking ship and never mind the big ones like SS and the upcoming healthcare fiasco. But, it is always easier to blame a group that can't or won't defend themselves than making personal sacrifices and fixing the real issues.

Last edited by Greed4Speed; 09-30-2011 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The main problem here is the Americans who hire illegals instead of other Americans.
All that falsified documents is bs. If a company really wants to know who you are or what you've done, they will find it with a background check. Looking the other way or not following thru is what they do. They know who is illegal or will find out if they wanted to.
The company that hired sure had no problem running my **** when they hired me. All the **** I've done in the past came thru instantaneously.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:09 AM
11 Second Club

most of the time they do have false ids but the companies hiring them know this and dont care. its pretty obvious cause most of the time they dont speak english.

a buddy of mine was a night manager at a large machine shop (that will remain nameless). the bosses kept trying to get him to hire illegals and he never would, but the day manager would. he tells me he would see this all the time. one of their guys gets deported and comes back a week later with a new set of papers.

he also said everytime a cop came in the shop 15 ppl would run out the door.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Yes. Lets plug this little hole in the sinking ship and never mind the big ones like SS and the upcoming healthcare fiasco. But, it is always easier to blame a group that can't or won't defend themselves than making personal sacrifices and fixing the real issues.
There are many problems in this country. Let's not ignore one big one.

And, at least the people who receive Social Security paid in to the damn system. Illegals don't pay in to ****, but they are the first in line when there are free hand outs.

You didn't really mention medicaid...AKA...The working class paying for illegals and worthless Americans' medical bills.

I'm sure my last forced "donation" to medicaid paid for some white trash ************ to go lie to a doctor about injurying his back when he "fell down the stairs" at his public housing complex so he could get a hydrocode prescription to abuse.

Last edited by -Ross-; 10-01-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 09:44 AM
On The Tree

There of many problems in this country. Let's not ignore one big one.

And, at least the people who receive Social Security paid in to the damn system. Illegals don't pay in to ****, but they are the first in line when there are free hand outs.

You didn't really mention medicaid...AKA...The working class paying for illegals and worthless Americans' medical bills.

I'm sure my last forced "donation" to medicaid paid for some white trash ************ to go lie to a doctor about injurying his back when he "fell down the stairs" at his public housing complex so he could get a hydrocode prescription to abuse.
He didn't mention medicaid he mentioned Obama care. Which I hope gets put in the trashcan before it takes effect.

Yeah we do have big problems with Medicaid though.