iPhone 4S released today!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 07:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not trying to start a fight with iPhone, I'm an Android guy. For one,you guys can barely customize anything. You can change your background, big whoopee. We can change just about anything on our phones, WITHOUT rooting. Once we root our phones, which I have yet to do, our speed, customizablity (don't think that's a word but whatever), and many other things improve greatly. Take a look through this thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/racers-lo...allpapers.html

Sorry guys, but Androids are cooler....

*preparing for the comebacks/rants to come on androids
Old 10-04-2011, 08:29 PM
LS7 Member

"cooler" if you're a fgt I guess...
Old 10-04-2011, 08:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by xX-Z28-Xx
I'm not trying to start a fight with iPhone, I'm an Android guy. For one,you guys can barely customize anything. You can change your background, big whoopee. We can change just about anything on our phones, WITHOUT rooting. Once we root our phones, which I have yet to do, our speed, customizablity (don't think that's a word but whatever), and many other things improve greatly. Take a look through this thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/racers-lo...allpapers.html

Sorry guys, but Androids are cooler....

*preparing for the comebacks/rants to come on androids
Don't be a queer.

Oh, no! The upgrade wasn't named 5. It was named 4S....oh knowssssssss!

Quit crying, tech *******.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:10 PM
2TR
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Tether your Android phone for FREE!

Solution: Pda.net (Doesn't require rooting)

Download on phone using the market place and then the machine you plan to use.

http://junefabrics.com/android/download.php

I've been using Sprint tether for free for almost a year now. $30+tax/month 3G/4G connection on my laptop. NICE!

Good website talking about Sprint tethering:

http://androidandme.com/2010/05/news...android-phone/

On a side note F* anyone who complains about breaking their phone without protecting it. You have to be one stupid MF'er to pay several hundered dollars for a phone only to treat it like it was free. Not getting the insurance coverage in-case-****-happens on said expensive device would be another kick yourself in the *** move I have seen frequently as well. Consider carrying a 4"x3" laptop around daily expecting nothing to happen to it? Last time I checked anything capable of fubar out of the box was a Panasonic Toughbook @$3,000+!
Old 10-04-2011, 10:47 PM
TECH Regular

Ok so maybe I am old but I just want to know which of all of the above phones get the best phone reception. Seriously anyone??
Old 10-04-2011, 10:50 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Sprint charges you to tether your phone but I downloaded easy tether and as far as sprint knows its my phone doing all the surfing
Old 10-04-2011, 10:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Randy_S
Ok so maybe I am old but I just want to know which of all of the above phones get the best phone reception. Seriously anyone??
Can't say I have ever had a phone that's had "bad" reception.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:57 PM
9 Second Club

Pics taken with the iPhone4S. I got it off of the Apple web site, these are supposedly untouched and it is 3.1mb for this single pic.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:02 PM
On The Tree

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg
Old 10-04-2011, 11:44 PM
LEO
TECH Addict

12 year old shool girls everywhere are going INSANE at this news!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 11:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by whatsa347
I had my g1 for 3 years with not 1 problem, it performed the exact same as the 3gs.
I now have an incredible which performs the exact same if not better than an iphone 4 and its not even rooted.
I like my phone, its user friendly, all the apps work just fine, google maps is awesome.
I like the iphones but for the price I got my phone it seemed like a no-brainer.
Plus I can always add more memory when I feel like it. I think your friend is just hell on phones.
Ditto, same phone and I paid $ZERO
Old 10-05-2011, 01:37 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
Yes very, the body shop dust is hell on electronics. But with my iphone all I had to do was take it to get the dust cleaned out at the apple store every now and then. The screens on his isn't glass like an iphone so the scratches made it to where you couldn't even see the screen.
Flawd argument, Android itself shouldn't be based off of how the phone is. Hardware vs Software. Some Android phones leave a lot of be desired, but others are pretty damn flat out badass IMO

I've had an iPhone and I've had an Android. What I didn't really care for with the iPhone is that with the iPhone I just felt kinda... limited. I couldn't download music to my phone directly from the browser, there wasn't much to tinker around with or customize, it was mostly used for internet and to play Angry Birds and one other game, that's about it. I much preferred the Android software personally, and that was the shitty older version, but I ******* HATED that Motorola Backflip, never buying a Motorola phone again, but mistake

Originally Posted by -Ross-
Don't be a queer.

Oh, no! The upgrade wasn't named 5. It was named 4S....oh knowssssssss!

Quit crying, tech *******.
What the **** is up with that? The guy you're quoting didn't say a damn thing about being pissed that the iPhone was named 4S instead of 5
Old 10-05-2011, 03:52 AM
TECH Regular

You know you can customize iPhones too right? You can root... well we can jailbreak. We have ALL the same capabilities.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:10 AM
TECH Junkie

It's not that I don't like the iPhone. It's a cool device, has lots of features, and can do everything I'd ever want my phone to do. What irks me about the iPhone is really the hype and anticipation every year when they release a new one. Apple leaks pics, "accidentally" leaves phones in bars where tech writers just happen to be, and people work themselves up into a frenzy. Only problem is, the last few updates have been incremental, not monumental.

But, since phones are apparently today's status symbol for the masses, people just have to rush out and get the latest model, because suddenly the phone that worked well for them since they got it isn't good enough. Most blindly convince themselves that it is the greatest thing ever, until they start hearing leaked information about the next one.

I'll hand it to Apple. They have a knack for convincing people to buy a product they never knew they needed. Plus, their hype machine is pretty amazing. There's an Apple store in the mall next to my office, and when there's a new release (like the iPad 2), the line gets really long.

I got a Samsung Galaxy S a while back. It makes calls, allows text messaging, takes decent enough pictures, syncs my work email, and has a few other cool games and apps that are handy. If I'm at a place that doesn't have wifi, 3G speed works well enough. I've used it several times as a wifi hot spot for my laptop, and it works flawlessly. Fact is, I use my phone's browser to do small stuff, like look up the name of an actor who was in a movie, check the weather, read brief articles while waiting for my meal, etc. If I have to do anything heavier than that, it can wait.

Phones are leashes, whether we realize it or not. If I didn't have to have one, I wouldn't. But, since I do, I chose one that I liked, has features I care about, and I won't be rushing out to buy the Samsung Galaxy 2S MyTouch with Ketchup just because it's out.

-Mike
Old 10-05-2011, 06:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackLT1Z
You know you can customize iPhones too right? You can root... well we can jailbreak. We have ALL the same capabilities.
Eh, it's just all the "I can do many things with a phone that you can't do with your phone" crap.

It's just gay.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:54 AM
On The Tree

If the iPhone 4S doesn't support 4G on Verizon, then there is no point in buying it since they will have 4G everywhere soon

I have a Macbook though, so having an iPhone would make things a little bit easier for me
Old 10-05-2011, 07:27 AM
9 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Iv always seen iphones with the older crowds, I think they choose it because its alot simpler for them.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:44 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Pwebbz28
^^^ THIS!! The fact you are required to pay an extra fee to be able to tether your iphone to a laptop is insane
Not trying to start a flame war, but with android you can do this for free. I tether my phone to my laptop all the time and it works flawlessly. Just wondering, how many of you have jailbroken the iphone to do this? Any concerns with them seeing your data amount per month? On sprint everything is unlimited so it doesn't matter.

Last edited by tripps; 10-05-2011 at 07:50 AM.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:49 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by eLiT3SnIpEz
Flawd argument, Android itself shouldn't be based off of how the phone is. Hardware vs Software. Some Android phones leave a lot of be desired, but others are pretty damn flat out badass IMO

I've had an iPhone and I've had an Android. What I didn't really care for with the iPhone is that with the iPhone I just felt kinda... limited. I couldn't download music to my phone directly from the browser, there wasn't much to tinker around with or customize, it was mostly used for internet and to play Angry Birds and one other game, that's about it. I much preferred the Android software personally, and that was the shitty older version, but I ******* HATED that Motorola Backflip, never buying a Motorola phone again, but mistake

What the **** is up with that? The guy you're quoting didn't say a damn thing about being pissed that the iPhone was named 4S instead of 5
This is correct. Android phones have certain "tiers" to them, higher tier would be Samsung GS2 and Evo 3D, while lower tier would be LG Ally. It's just a way to market to different crowds and get more people to buy your product.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:10 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by retardedpenguin
Damn that sucks, I'm sorry to hear that.

....... heres what he meant to say.

"Have Droid, can't afford Iphone."