Guys in big trucks....

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 05:45 AM
Launching!

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

As this started out about the diesel truck thread I will respond to this first.
Alot of guys that have a chipped or modded truck think they can outrun sports cars because they are pushing big Hp & torque. They are also pushing a huge amount of weight, not to mention a suspension that is not set up to "Go Fast".
The real D-Bags are the ones that get beside you & gouge the accelerator pedal to cover people in soot. They should have their heads crammed in their big exhaust pipes, then have their licenses revoked.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:59 AM
Launching!

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
Most of the time you can't see that car that's on the other side of us that's blocking us from getting over and giving you room, and by the time you're behind us he's already pulled in front of us. Remember, we need at least 70 feet of space to be able to get over, its not as easy for us as for you. 90% of us will give you room, but I'll agree that there's some that won't
Also this, for those of you who hate all truckdrivers because they aren't courteous enough to you, try putting yourself in that persons position. We spend about 35 percent of our time driving keeping other people from getting hurt that made a bad decision. I NEVER intentionally block someone or be discourteous. As stated above sometimes you don't get to see why we did or didn't move over. Sometimes we swerve in front of you and slow you down to keep from killing someone else. And sometimes your family member made it home safe because I as a professional didn't kill them for making a dumb move in front of an 80,000 pound truck that can't stop in 25 feet.
Sorry about the rant, but alot of people don't realize we do try to make things Safer for the motoring public. And you can't always see everthing going on around our trucks.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Arctic2002ss
I just don't get it. I am driving up the Tollway on the way home from the State Fair GTG yesterday around 6:30pm. My friend and I are worn out from being at the fair since 7:00am. I come up on a newer Ford dually in the fast lane. I am going between 65 and 70, maybe 5mph faster than him. I move over to the middle lane to pass him and the "race" is on. He takes off. OK, what's this about??? Let's see if he will do that again.

I slowly catch back up and move over to the empty inside lane to pass him and a car in the middle lane. He takes off again. Now I'm having fun messing with this joker. I get behind him again (I have not exceeded maybe 75mph at this point). I move over to the center lane (which was empty for a ways), downshift, jump up next to him, let off for a second or two, and then floor it. I stay on it just long enough to get back in the fast lane well ahead of him and go back to cruising. Let's see what that does.

Oh, now I've done it! He comes up weaving between a few cars in the other 2 lanes, almost rear ends one, cuts off another (we are in the curvy part of the Tollway around Beltline now) just to get back ahead of me like some ricer kid would do. My buddy and I are just laughing at this idiot and seeing if he's going to crash or not. My exit is now coming up so the fun is over. I guess he "won".

What is wrong with these guys? Did he really think it was a race? I really don't get it. My car seems to have this affect on Infinity G35 and G37 owners too. It did make the trip more interesting though. Thanks for the entertainment!

Footnote: I did not instigate this (maybe provoked him that once), only sped up the one time it was relatively safe to do so, and did not cut anybody off.
I think we met the same guy in the same truck, only i wasted him twice. he kept coming back tho.