Guys in big trucks....

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 01:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Guys in big trucks....

I just don't get it. I am driving up the Tollway on the way home from the State Fair GTG yesterday around 6:30pm. My friend and I are worn out from being at the fair since 7:00am. I come up on a newer Ford dually in the fast lane. I am going between 65 and 70, maybe 5mph faster than him. I move over to the middle lane to pass him and the "race" is on. He takes off. OK, what's this about??? Let's see if he will do that again.

I slowly catch back up and move over to the empty inside lane to pass him and a car in the middle lane. He takes off again. Now I'm having fun messing with this joker. I get behind him again (I have not exceeded maybe 75mph at this point). I move over to the center lane (which was empty for a ways), downshift, jump up next to him, let off for a second or two, and then floor it. I stay on it just long enough to get back in the fast lane well ahead of him and go back to cruising. Let's see what that does.

Oh, now I've done it! He comes up weaving between a few cars in the other 2 lanes, almost rear ends one, cuts off another (we are in the curvy part of the Tollway around Beltline now) just to get back ahead of me like some ricer kid would do. My buddy and I are just laughing at this idiot and seeing if he's going to crash or not. My exit is now coming up so the fun is over. I guess he "won".

What is wrong with these guys? Did he really think it was a race? I really don't get it. My car seems to have this affect on Infinity G35 and G37 owners too. It did make the trip more interesting though. Thanks for the entertainment!

Footnote: I did not instigate this (maybe provoked him that once), only sped up the one time it was relatively safe to do so, and did not cut anybody off.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:45 PM
Teching In

Default idiots

same thing in houston. be in the fast lane in heavy but moving traffic and some *** wipe gets in front of you just to be in front of you. and then said *** wipe hits his brakes. dont get me started.
Old 10-16-2011, 02:14 PM
On The Tree

ive learned that it makes ppl in slower cars feel better to pass a faster car so i just let them, i get hondas and prius's passing me all the time like that and i just let them
Old 10-16-2011, 02:19 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

I think it happens with all drivers. My wife has an 09 civic si, I get fbody and vette drivers reving at me all the time. I dont care, I didnt buy her the car to race, it gets good mileage and has decent power, thats why we have it.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:56 PM
Launching!

Try driving an 18 wheeler. People play that game with us all day long....
Old 10-16-2011, 07:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Hahah, you guys in the 18wheelers are the worst!! Everytime I'm getting on the freeway a damn trucker guides a little over just so I have to slow down behind them. Center lane is empty and they can't even guide over!!! Soooooo.... I slow down, go around them and slow my *** down and **** them off just like they did me.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:53 PM
Launching!

Most of the time you can't see that car that's on the other side of us that's blocking us from getting over and giving you room, and by the time you're behind us he's already pulled in front of us. Remember, we need at least 70 feet of space to be able to get over, its not as easy for us as for you. 90% of us will give you room, but I'll agree that there's some that won't
Old 10-16-2011, 08:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by rooster99ss
Most of the time you can't see that car that's on the other side of us that's blocking us from getting over and giving you room, and by the time you're behind us he's already pulled in front of us. Remember, we need at least 70 feet of space to be able to get over, its not as easy for us as for you. 90% of us will give you room, but I'll agree that there's some that won't
Dont get me started LOL I scare the hell out of drivers with my engine brake, or Train horns

On Saturday I was hoping to loop 1604 from Culebra RD, I needed to get onto 151 (which is less than a 1/4 mile uphill fully loaded) So I put my blinker on, and all of a sudden there is a chain of 5-6 cars that decided to drive really close so i wouldn't get over. LOL a nice old lady cuts the lead car off and flashes her lights for me to get on.

Then all of a sudden some chunky ugly fat chick decides to be a bitch and passes me (she was following right behind me) as I was already hoping onto left lane about 200 feet before 151. well she ran out of room as my tractor was already on the left lane and I wasn't going to pull back just for her as I might flip the trailer over doing that. well she started honking the **** out of her horn and I was merciless (seriously lol) I just stayed put if she had some ***** she could of easily stomped it and passed me on a really tight squeeze but naturally she chickened out.

She then angrily hops on to the grass and passes me through there flipping me off in the process, as she was cutting back onto the pavement (her middle finger was till up in the air) she immediately started swerving as her poor Toyota corolla almost spun out. I was laughing my *** off the way her angry face changed into a ohh **** face LOL,
Old 10-16-2011, 10:43 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Being a construction inspector I get a lot of down time on some of the highrises here in Austin so Ill sit on the edge of the form and just watch people navigate downtown Austin. Its truly amazing how some people arent dead with their lack of driving skills. Watching people parallel park is even more hilarious. Ive literally watched people try and park for ten minutes then see someone come over and offer to park their car for them
Old 10-17-2011, 09:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

bunch of cry babies.

there are millions of people on the road, don't let a few of the bad apples jade your judgment because some asshat wasn't properly taught the rules of the road.

plus my diesel rolls most stock/bolt on f-boats
Old 10-17-2011, 12:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's the people that cruise side by side that get to me..

I was killing time outside a gas station off Westheimer the other day, dear God I have never seen so many wrecks in such a short time period.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:54 PM
TECH Resident

I was definitely not talking about Semi-truck drivers. I don't know how you stand driving them in cities. I grew up along I-40 and am very courteous to 18 wheelers. I will let them in and flash my lights when it's OK to do so. I figure that they are in the process of doing their jobs and I'm not.

I just thought it was ridiculous what this guy was doing just to keep me from being ahead of him.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Being a construction inspector I get a lot of down time on some of the highrises here in Austin so Ill sit on the edge of the form and just watch people navigate downtown Austin. Its truly amazing how some people arent dead with their lack of driving skills. Watching people parallel park is even more hilarious. Ive literally watched people try and park for ten minutes then see someone come over and offer to park their car for them
I work near 6th + lamar and some of the asian women lawyers will tap cars 2-3x times parallel parking. Makes me extremely nervous about ever parking in the street.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:12 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
because some asshat wasn't properly taught the rules of the road
Get money, stay true?
Old 10-17-2011, 05:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Arctic2002ss
I was definitely not talking about Semi-truck drivers. I don't know how you stand driving them in cities. I grew up along I-40 and am very courteous to 18 wheelers. I will let them in and flash my lights when it's OK to do so. I figure that they are in the process of doing their jobs and I'm not.

I just thought it was ridiculous what this guy was doing just to keep me from being ahead of him.
One of the reasons I have relocated my operations in Hondo, If I ever work in San Antonio its always going to be the quarry thats on the outskirts of town which we usually deliver to the 151 1604 area. Still its a pain in the ***. a good tip that helps me out a lot is to let all the retards go I'll leave plenty of space, rather get cut off and have enough room to stop.

The Quarry that's in town pays a little better but for me its not worth it especially with the SA DOT duchebags always pulling good trucks over. And let the raggedy pieces of **** that really need to be placed out of service get away.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:01 PM
On The Tree

well had similar thing happen today on post. i was cruiseing to work doing 2-3 miles over speed limit which is 40, next thing i know big dodge diesel flys up behind me and passes me like im sitting still pulls in front of me then slows down to less than speed limit for no reason
Old 10-17-2011, 10:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
Get money, stay true?
always. you know how you gotta treat the game right.

otherwise you end up back on the bottom. you know this mannnnn
Old 10-17-2011, 11:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
bunch of cry babies.

there are millions of people on the road, don't let a few of the bad apples jade your judgment because some asshat wasn't properly taught the rules of the road.

plus my diesel rolls most stock/bolt on f-boats
This! I had an f250 before my ws6 and my dad still has his f250, diesels react good to mods, ours weren't rolling f-bodys but they got on it for a truck, I never raced anyone I knew I didn't have a chance with though
Old 10-17-2011, 11:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AmarilloWS6
This! I had an f250 before my ws6 and my dad still has his f250, diesels react good to mods, ours weren't rolling f-bodys but they got on it for a truck, I never raced anyone I knew I didn't have a chance with though
My old F250 would spin all four tires, was only quick off the line though..

Now the ram 3500, that bitch was fast.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:59 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

He was trying to instigate you but this are not the worst ones. The worst one are the ones who drive like complete retards but don't have a clue. I drive step vans all over Houston and see people do stupid **** without a clue what they're doing because they are not observant to anything that isn't directly n front of them.