Old 11-28-2011, 07:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can't wait to see how this turns out

Old 11-28-2011, 07:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
They can certainly use that video as evidence. It showed the street signs, giving the location. It showed their license plates, and the video camera likely recorded the time. Also, since there was an officer called in, they have an incident report that links both of these cars together on that road.

This is no different than using a store security camera to catch thieves.
A store security camera records a specific area and has a specific time stamp imposed. When it catches a crime being committed, it is a slice of time that can be verified.

In the case of the C5/6 video, we see two cars take off after a green light turns. There is no indication of relative speed. So no specific information about a law being broken other than two cars leaving and travelling side by side and one losing control.

If it were a Cadillac Seville and Tahoe, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.

And just as important, it wasn't recorded from a security camera, rather some other person.

You and I both know that with a $100 video editing program, sounds can be dubbed and relative tape speeds can be altered giving the illusion of anything the editor might want the audience to believe.

How are we to know if the person recording, who just happened to be there, didn't have a vendetta against one or both of the drivers?

All stuff a reasonable defense attorney will bring up to impeach the credibility of the video.

You and I both know the guys screwed up. But what we think and what can actually be proven are two differnet things.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mitchntx
But what we think and what can actually be proven are two differnet things.
"It's not what you know, it's what you can prove"
Old 11-28-2011, 08:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Wreckless driving and/or aggrivated assault wouldn't be hard to prove.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:50 PM
On The Tree

I want to start off by saying that I do not condone what these guys were doing and especially where they were doing it.

I do have a little bit of an issue with everyone so willing to throw a fellow car guy (C5 guy) under the bus. The other guy gets exactly what he deserves due to being a f@&king low life piece of **** thief. We have all watched the Tx2K and a lot of other videos of cars traveling triple digit speeds around innocent people on the highways all the while giving them props for a good kill or nice run. I am sure that there were probably kids in some of the cars on the highways. Why the double standard? I just feel that we should look out for our own because there are plenty of people out there against us. Just my $.02.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:56 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS69TA
Wreckless driving and/or aggrivated assault wouldn't be hard to prove.
nope the really only charge would be the driver in the right lane and that charge would be "failure to control speed" .if the driver in the left lane was gonna make attempt to get in the right lane and the guy on the right lane increased his speed causing to lose control of his vehicle .that road actually comes to a dead end in 2 blocks you have either turn left or right.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:02 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Domsz06

Granted I'm by no means saying they are right in what they did and they should take it to the track, but comeon we all know it happens and we have all done it once in our life....
We only judge other people's faults. No need to look at our own. Lol
Old 11-28-2011, 09:07 PM
TECH Resident

this was just on fox 26 news. Said DPS came to the site and investigated and both parties face charges. Their screwed...
Old 11-28-2011, 09:07 PM
12 Second Club

wow turns out he that guy owes someone from our car club here in CS money too! LOL
Old 11-28-2011, 09:09 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by boostnificent
I want to start off by saying that I do not condone what these guys were doing and especially where they were doing it.

I do have a little bit of an issue with everyone so willing to throw a fellow car guy (C5 guy) under the bus. The other guy gets exactly what he deserves due to being a f@&king low life piece of **** thief. We have all watched the Tx2K and a lot of other videos of cars traveling triple digit speeds around innocent people on the highways all the while giving them props for a good kill or nice run. I am sure that there were probably kids in some of the cars on the highways. Why the double standard? I just feel that we should look out for our own because there are plenty of people out there against us. Just my $.02.
Because when I break the law it is totally cool. When others do it they are complete fucktards!
Old 11-28-2011, 09:25 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Stang-Slayer
wow turns out he that guy owes someone from our car club here in CS money too! LOL
he owes me $600 for the motor he burnt me on
Old 11-28-2011, 09:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 06tx4.8
he owes me $600 for the motor he burnt me on
maybe you can get it out of whats left of his vette. Chainsaw cut thru that bitch like it was bossa wood. LOL>>
Old 11-28-2011, 09:50 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by mitchntx
A store security camera records a specific area and has a specific time stamp imposed. When it catches a crime being committed, it is a slice of time that can be verified.

In the case of the C5/6 video, we see two cars take off after a green light turns. There is no indication of relative speed. So no specific information about a law being broken other than two cars leaving and travelling side by side and one losing control.

If it were a Cadillac Seville and Tahoe, we probably wouldn't be having this conversation.

And just as important, it wasn't recorded from a security camera, rather some other person.

You and I both know that with a $100 video editing program, sounds can be dubbed and relative tape speeds can be altered giving the illusion of anything the editor might want the audience to believe.

How are we to know if the person recording, who just happened to be there, didn't have a vendetta against one or both of the drivers?

All stuff a reasonable defense attorney will bring up to impeach the credibility of the video.

You and I both know the guys screwed up. But what we think and what can actually be proven are two differnet things.
Pretty sure he couldn't use that video editing program to edit in what I am sure amounts to substantial amounts of damage for both cars. I am sure the police investigators are capable of looking at an accident scene and determining a fairly accurate measure of speed at the time of the accident, that combined with the video I am quite sure would be damning evidence.

P.S. That pos scammer got what he deserved, sucks for the guy in the c5 though, everybody that races with any kind of power has gotten loose at times and **** does happen, it's just a part of the game!
Old 11-28-2011, 10:21 PM
On The Tree

Just made channel 2 news as well
Old 11-28-2011, 10:23 PM
Teching In

and channel 13... was on the 10 pm news...

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=8447549
Old 11-28-2011, 10:42 PM
TECH Resident

must be a slow news day...congrats to these douche bags making life even more difficult for the rest of the car enthusiast in this town. I would expect the law dogs to be extra vigilant and overzealous in 'Protecting and Serving' these next few weeks. Stay safe fellas...
Old 11-28-2011, 10:47 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Holy ****. 1 million views already?
Old 11-28-2011, 10:49 PM
12 Second Club

Lol pretty soon there are going to be auto tuner trash with the video and it's going to become the next "Bedroom Intruder" lol

He's meeting at your stop lights and snatching your fenders up.

Originally Posted by HTX
Holy ****. 1 million views already?
Old 11-28-2011, 11:27 PM
Teching In

what about the guy on his bike that failed to come to a complete stop at the red light??? Or how about the guy running a camcorder or cell phone while driving his car??? That is not exactly safe is it???
Old 11-28-2011, 11:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dc8fixer
what about the guy on his bike that failed to come to a complete stop at the red light??? Or how about the guy running a camcorder or cell phone while driving his car??? That is not exactly safe is it???

Quick Reply: vette crash vid "The Woodlands"