402 Novi 1500 results

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 03:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark FTW!
Old 12-09-2011, 06:22 PM

It doesn't matter blah blah blah, I'm still faster at the end of the day.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BADZ
It doesn't matter blah blah blah, I'm still faster at the end of the day.
That has yet to be determined. I won't be showing up with a knife to a gun fight the next meet.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

i'd like a slice of this pie.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Teching In

I'm still going to call you out at HMP once you get some seat time!
Old 12-09-2011, 07:44 PM
TECH Regular

Glad that car is finally running and running hard from the looks of it

I agree with those that mentioned calling England Green out on CorvetteForum. Your situation was ridiculous.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's the tires.
All in the tires...
Old 12-09-2011, 10:29 PM

Anyone can run a small plate kit. Ha, just think if I did
Old 12-09-2011, 10:45 PM
11 Second Club

looks and sounds great. I wish my vette was that mean.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:24 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by lane_change
Congrats on the numbers Mark....you can make all the power in the world, but if you can't keep it together what's the point? How's the traction?
Scott, Traction is good right now. 295/45-17's are doing fine. The motor has a lot of torque for a small blower, so it's not the power that I'm adjusting to, it's the torque. Have you got any hits on yours yet? I'd like to meet you and check the car if it isn't sold yet.

Originally Posted by silver bullet c6
Great to hear you got it figured out and didn't scrap the FI, Mark. Very nice numbers. You need to bring it to Dallas Raceway when the weather is good.
Thanks Santos! Hope your new build is coming along! Too bad you got dethrowned as the fastest stock bottom end ls3 vette, and by your own tuner.

JK, I really appreciate it and thanks for the chats. Josh seems to be a true gearhead and has these C5/C6's dialed in at the track. I'll be up there a couple times in the next 6 months and will have to give you a shout.

Originally Posted by triche
Wow. I've been following your threads and it sucks to hear that you had all those issues. Glad it is fixed.
Thanks man!

Originally Posted by BT03mach-1
glad you got it fixed! it looks evil with the black wheels on the back!
Thanks, Bill. Waiting to see your car run ***** out on the spray. Launch that sucker and see what it does! BTW, I will be parting this car out since you asked for the rollbar, but not right now. I'm going to enjoy it for a little while. See you at the track real soon!

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
Glad its working out for you Mark, car should be a beast, glad you ironed it out.
Thank you. Really glad to have the car back!

Originally Posted by SouthTexasBully
Glad to hear u got it going Mark..And yeah 5 Liter Eater is the MAN! Good #'s!! put a 100 shot on it and go drag some ***!

Wally is BigTurkey on most sites and i agree that he is a really good guy and tuner..you can also call him "the asain persuasion" lol

Call me Marl,you owe me a ride!!
Thanks man! Wally is a real nice guy. You're welcome to drive the car anytime. I'll give you a call soon. Hope you get the broke rearend fixed. I've experienced rearend issues so I know it is not fun, especially from the track.

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
So yall dont know how much boost it makes....
You're busting my *****, Mike. I'll stop by soon and chat with you if you have a minute. I need to pick up a stock balancer since I borrowed Jeff's.

Originally Posted by Tiago
whatever it is, its still low boost lol

congrats on getting it done!
Thanks, and yes, Tiago, it is "low boost" according to your standards.

Originally Posted by White_lightning
race cars **** right there...
Just like your car, David.

I look forward to meeting you the next time I am in town.

Originally Posted by DFLASH
Glad to see you finally got it running right, mine's still a little iffy. You need to let me know when you can come by and see the truck ('55 Ford), need to make some decisions on it. L8R ZFLASH
Thank you, Derrick. Hope you get your issues lined out. That car has some miles on it now and you might want to consider an overhual of the car if you are still having issues. Looks fantastic still, though.

Originally Posted by LEO
Congrats, Mark. Nice numbers for sure. Yeah, Wally is a good guy, the new shop is looking good.
Thanks, Neil! I really like the new shop too. Pretty cool place to hang out at and see all the guys that have been in the game a while hanging out after work with all the old school racing stories.

Originally Posted by SouthTexasBully
Mark FTW!
Not quite. I'm still at the bottom of the food chain, but I'll do my best to work my way up.

Originally Posted by 1sickz28
i'd like a slice of this pie.
You owe me money, son. I'm going to bring over Bully's avatar picture and collect soon.

Originally Posted by d98gt
I'm still going to call you out at HMP once you get some seat time!
An auto blown 5.0 vs a stock rear end M6 vette in the 1/8? That's just funny, Maddox. Not going to happen. I'll take the 1/4 race if you give me a 1/2 mile race. That way we can each get our race.

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68
Glad that car is finally running and running hard from the looks of it
Thanks, Shawn. I have some pics of your build I took yesterday at Wally's. Looks good. With a small cam, I can see you hitting some high 9's soon.

Originally Posted by BADZ
Anyone can run a small plate kit. Ha, just think if I did
Who said I have a plate kit, Jeff? I look forward to seeing how my underpowered car can do against your car. The YSI sure would be nice to have, but I don't mind the small blower.....For now...

Originally Posted by 1sickz28
you're a much nicer person than me. I would've posted ALL the issues you had with that shop on CF.
Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68
I agree with those that mentioned calling England Green out on CorvetteForum. Your situation was ridiculous.
What is done is done. Seems most people already had their opinions way before I came along. I just tried to bring them customers and stay as loyal to them as I could, even after some issues. All shops have had cars blow up, mechanical issues caused by bad installs, etc, etc... No need on my part to publicly discuss every issue on the boards.

I have moved on and am happy where I am at. Other people can decide who they use in the future. I'll be transistioning from having anybody work on my cars to doing it all myself with the help of friends in the next 1-2 years. That doesn't just include my fun car, but my work van and family cars. Just better to do it yourself if you can. I've learned a ton from Bill, Joe, Wally and other guys lately. I miss turning wrenches like I did back in high school/early college.

Big thanks to Inspector12(Jeff), Bill for all the help and work, and Keith for the tires. See you all soon at the meets and race track.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:08 AM

I'm just pulling your strings. I ran this same blower, went to the SL2200 and now the YSI.

My 1500 made 750rw which was pretty killer. The 2200 netted me 850rw.

We all have had our problems on building cars and I have had my share along the way.

Have fun with it and yes, I look forward to coming out so I can bust some more *** again.

Last edited by BADZ; 12-10-2011 at 08:15 AM.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:48 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by winters97gt
An auto blown 5.0 vs a stock rear end M6 vette in the 1/8? That's just funny, Maddox because you know I am scared of your car blah blah blah
My car is a pig already + my obese *** in it puts it at 3800 at the track. My car will NEVER see numbers like yours so it's gotta stay on a short track!
Old 12-11-2011, 01:16 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by d98gt
My car is a pig already + my obese *** in it puts it at 3800 at the track. My car will NEVER see numbers like yours so it's gotta stay on a short track!
I'll give you your race soon at HMP. Let's race until Jan.

I'm just pulling your strings. I ran this same blower, went to the SL2200 and now the YSI.

My 1500 made 750rw which was pretty killer. The 2200 netted me 850rw.

We all have had our problems on building cars and I have had my share along the way.

Have fun with it and yes, I look forward to coming out so I can bust some more *** again.

Jeff, what were your thoughts on the 2200? A waste of money?. It appears to be more expensive than the YSI is, but doesn't quite have the capability of the YSI. I think a Novi 2000 head unit on this car with a 125 shot should be maxing my setup out for street driving. 825rwhp on boost, and probably 900-950 on spray. I don't have a wide booty on this car and don't want to run Hoosier drag radials. My tires are 295/45-17's, which are as tall as your tires, but lack the width. I can't go any wider than this with the height, I've already rubbed the tires pretty bad and had to raise the car up in the back.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:25 AM
Launching!

its more fun doing all the work yourself or it is to me. i do everything myself but tuning and g-force does that. next week i will be installing a baby cam in my car :-)
Old 12-11-2011, 08:27 AM
Launching!

and roll bar. if i dont have one by then im sure i will want it so lmk
Old 12-11-2011, 04:32 PM

Mark, to be quite honest with you, keep the 1500 and hit it with a 125-150 shot. and hope it hooks

The 2200 was a great head unit but I overspun it and being a self contained head unit, it did not have the HD bearings and it slung bearing pieces everwhere. I would rather go with the oil fed HD race bearing head units like the YSI IMHO.. The 2000 is built for the C5s..

I'll give you your race soon at HMP. Let's race until Jan.

Jeff, what were your thoughts on the 2200? A waste of money?. It appears to be more expensive than the YSI is, but doesn't quite have the capability of the YSI. I think a Novi 2000 head unit on this car with a 125 shot should be maxing my setup out for street driving. 825rwhp on boost, and probably 900-950 on spray. I don't have a wide booty on this car and don't want to run Hoosier drag radials. My tires are 295/45-17's, which are as tall as your tires, but lack the width. I can't go any wider than this with the height, I've already rubbed the tires pretty bad and had to raise the car up in the back.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:10 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks, Shawn. I have some pics of your build I took yesterday at Wally's. Looks good. With a small cam, I can see you hitting some high 9's soon.
Sweet

I am going to head up there after work today to check it out and see where it's at.

I'm hoping to run 10.2s-10.3s in it's current setup with the addition of skinnies. I have a smaller pulley sitting at home if I really really need to run quicker
Old 12-12-2011, 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

havent spoken to mark in a good while , glad to see ur car running , mine should be too hopefully soon . Nothing craz as urs atleast....
Old 12-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

Originally Posted by red281gt
havent spoken to mark in a good while , glad to see ur car running , mine should be too hopefully soon . Nothing craz as urs atleast....
come get this weak *** 6.0 out of my room.

lol
Old 12-12-2011, 05:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LMFAO! shut ur *** up! u said 3 months lmfao

Quick Reply: 402 Novi 1500 results