402 Novi 1500 results

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 02:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 402 Novi 1500 results

All with a little 6 rib belt.

Just had my car dyno tuned with a new setup. I had a YSI on the car, but had problems throwing belts due to a damaged balancer(which we didn't know at the time). Took the YSI off the car and was fixing to part out the car. We knew it was either the YSI, balancer or crank snout being bent. We pretty much ruled out the YSI kit soon, and I sold it knowing that I was going to part the car out.

I sat on it for a few days, and had a friend(5litereater) selling an ECS kit. Figured what the heck, lets throw it on and see what it does. Not only did it throw a belt, but it threw a belt much faster than the YSI kit did. Now, we knew we had a problem, and one possibly catastrophic. Either the balancer was damaged, or the snout was bent. Bill put a dial gauge on the balancer while I turned the crank by hand. Looked good. Ruled out the crank, and a big relief. Took the inovators west balancer off, and there was the problem. The balancer had been damaged on the lips, what looks to be the inside and outside slightly. Also, the grooves look to be worn at an angle, which is why when you put a belt on it in your hand, the belt doesn't sit flush inside the blancer.

Back went on a stock balancer and Bill and Jeff(inspector12) double pinned it and back to Wally's shop for a tune.

We had some tuning issues with the car tonight since the MAF is right after the bend on the elbow off the inlet pipe. This caused a lot of part throttle issues, most of which are worked out. Made about 10-11 passes on the dyno tonight. Couldn't wire up the wideband to the headers or mid pipe on my exhaust since the bungs are welded, so had to use the tailpipe for now. That will be fixed within the next week or so.

Started out with about 13* of timing and a 9.3AFR and worked up. We tried pulling the air filter off and gained a little power, but it then threw the tune way off for part throttle driving with the MAF issue. We stuck it back on and made 3 more passes. Final numbers were with 16* of timing, pump 93 octane, and the meth bumped from 2.5 to 3. Numbers are 774/738. Very happy with the numbers with the meth turned down and still a MAF tune. I don't have boost numbers on the car since the dyno is new and Wally is still hooking that up. Will be back on the dyno with the bottle hooked up soon. Hoping to make 900/900 on pump gas.

Big thanks to Wally for staying up till 6am on the dyno with me trying to get the car to the Mile. Auto Andrenaline Performance is top notch and they have a good knowledge of racing cars and tuning them. Also, thanks to Bill for the all the labor and long hours on the car. Had a blast and learned a ton from you. :yesnod:

BTW, these numbers are with a standard 6 rib belt and a Novi 1500. Also, make sure you think long and hard about who you use in the Houston area for your tuning and work. The grass is not always as "Green" as you might think.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:49 AM
On The Tree

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJIKK_QYUWw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjJ85u7gv9U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcO47tRW-p8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G-chk-MEG0
Old 12-08-2011, 04:08 AM
11 Second Club

Wow. I've been following your threads and it sucks to hear that you had all those issues. Glad it is fixed. I had a shop in houston area rip me off too. I will need tp get mine retuned as I don't trust them. Looks good now. (Been following you on the vette forum)
Old 12-08-2011, 04:56 AM
Teching In

Glad to see the car running, met you on several other forums, Wally is a top notch tuner, and a great guy overall.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:26 AM
11 Second Club

Is wally on any forums? I would love to have my tune looked at at some point
Old 12-08-2011, 05:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Soroushz06
Glad to see the car running, met you on several other forums, Wally is a top notch tuner, and a great guy overall.
Thanks

I've actually known Wally for many, many years, but not personally since lately. We go back to the days, years ago at Strictly Performance, which is for another discussion. He has done a great job on my car.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:32 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by triche
Is wally on any forums? I would love to have my tune looked at at some point
Shoot me a PM and I will send you all his info since they are not a supporting tuner/vendor.

They are just finishing the process of moving shops from about 300 yards away from their old shop. The new place is big, and ideal setup for a big time shop. Lot of big builds going on.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:33 AM
Teching In

Congrats on the numbers Mark....you can make all the power in the world, but if you can't keep it together what's the point? How's the traction?
Old 12-08-2011, 07:42 AM
Launching!

glad you got it fixed! it looks evil with the black wheels on the back!
Old 12-08-2011, 08:05 AM
Destroyer of Exotics

great numbers mark! you're a much nicer person than me. I would've posted ALL the issues you had with that shop on CF.

add some dope and lets go play
Old 12-08-2011, 08:51 AM
SEB
TECH Fanatic

Those are some insane numbers! Thus why I just give up trying to keep up with everyone! If your not making close to 800 RWHP your slow & hell thats average. 1000+ RWHP is what you need to make to just keep up on Hwy Races these days.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:34 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1sickz28
great numbers mark! you're a much nicer person than me. I would've posted ALL the issues you had with that shop on CF.

add some dope and lets go play
I had tuning issues with that same shop and all I heard from everyone else was how awesome they are, yadda, yadda, yadda....

Townsend had issues with that same shop with his tuning as well.

I guess Green does not mean Go!
Old 12-08-2011, 09:46 AM
Teching In

Great to hear you got it figured out and didn't scrap the FI, Mark. Very nice numbers. You need to bring it to Dallas Raceway when the weather is good.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:49 AM
Destroyer of Exotics

Originally Posted by lane_change
I had tuning issues with that same shop and all I heard from everyone else was how awesome they are, yadda, yadda, yadda....

they are decent if you wanna make 400rwhp with bolt on's. LOL anything after that I'd go elsewhere because god knows they cant tune or install a cam shaft worth a ****.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:30 AM
11 Second Club

Yea. on the CF they rant and rave about them. Good tuners are hard to come by. Im hoping to find me an hp tuners for sale...
Old 12-08-2011, 10:38 AM
8 Sec Tuner

How much boost?

What compression?
Old 12-08-2011, 10:57 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Glad its working out for you Mark, car should be a beast, glad you ironed it out.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by lane_change

england green?
Old 12-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Staging Lane

Glad to hear u got it going Mark..And yeah 5 Liter Eater is the MAN! Good #'s!! put a 100 shot on it and go drag some ***!

Wally is BigTurkey on most sites and i agree that he is a really good guy and tuner..you can also call him "the asain persuasion" lol

Call me Marl,you owe me a ride!!
Old 12-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 5w20
england green?

Quick Reply: 402 Novi 1500 results