Upgraded my watch today

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 03:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBronco
Agreed. My want for this IWC Big Pilot is stronggggggggggggggggggggg :o

Now to find the extra 11K laying around.

Player Stats very nice car and watch. Since we are talking about watches they had a lambo watch that was like 5000 on pawnstars.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
not hating on the watches. just saying that there is a problem when a guy pays so much attention to clothing and jewelry, on another man no less. moreover, people who consider themselves watch "aficionados" should probably find a better hobby. such is synonymous with women buying shoes and purses.

i agree that one should always put his best foot forward when going to a job interview, but i don't think one is required to spend in excess so as to impress some "aficionado". as long as you're dressed within reason, you'll be ok. you obviously think differently, but you seem to be a bit more persnickety than most recruiters i've spoken with--no offense
Old 01-16-2012, 05:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 02ws.sik
Player Stats very nice car and watch. Since we are talking about watches they had a lambo watch that was like 5000 on pawnstars.
Speaking of lambo watches....

EDIT: i would NEVER own such a monstrosity
Old 01-16-2012, 05:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jake_the_Snake
not hating on the watches. just saying that there is a problem when a guy pays so much attention to clothing and jewelry, on another man no less. moreover, people who consider themselves watch "aficionados" should probably find a better hobby. such is synonymous with women buying shoes and purses.

i agree that one should always put his best foot forward when going to a job interview, but i don't think one is required to spend in excess so as to impress some "aficionado". as long as you're dressed within reason, you'll be ok. you obviously think differently, but you seem to be a bit more persnickety than most recruiters i've spoken with--no offense

@ everything mentioned
Old 01-16-2012, 05:54 PM
Banned

You know if you had a lambo youd have that watch.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I didn't even know they made lamb watches. For the man that has everything I guess. That watch prolly cost more than all my cars and arsenal put together
Old 01-16-2012, 06:33 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake_the_Snake

You are also into cars, do you notice what your co-workers drive? Or do you pretend that you don't notice? Those of us that like watches also notice watches. Why is this so difficult to understand? If you don't feel manly enough to discuss watches, that would be your own homo-phobia and insecurity speaking.

In my line of work, details are everything. That line of work affords me the toys I love, as well as the watches I enjoy owning. Maybe it is also the industry I'm in, offshore oil/gas. Out on the vessels, even the "blue collar" crew seem to appreciate owning a nice watch. I see more Rolex's (real ones) offshore than I do at the office. Ever visit an offshore oil platform? Those guys bank so much that buying a $5K watch is easy. But don't worry, I also buy guns, tools, sports crap, and other stuff too. You may/may not understand some of that too.

LOL. You guys take this too serious.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Tony is not completely off base. At my last job interview, I wore my 46mm u-boat. As soon as the company president saw it, he calls me over to his desk and whipped out a 55mm sly-tech. We spent a half hour talking about watches and sports cars until he interrupted me and said "oh by the way, when can you start?". I never pulled out my resume

...just sayin'
Old 01-16-2012, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope the guys complaining about watches aren't the same people that bitch about non car people not understanding your obsession with cars. Hypocrite much?
Old 01-16-2012, 08:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

would love to pick up a nicer field watch, currently use a Hamilton.

and some other great looking wrist wear

Old 01-16-2012, 08:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
yay stereotypical texan
If you hate stereotypical Texans so much, even though that statement puts you right there with them, you should move elsewhere.

I really like a nice watch. Buy what you want with your money. It keeps the economy going. I give almost all my money to my wife and kids so I only have a semi nice watch, but I like it and that's what matters. To judge one on there watch is not gay its just stupid. Gay guys start with the hair,not that is bad or anything. LMAO, PROUD TEXAN
Old 01-16-2012, 09:01 PM
On The Tree

I've never liked watches - ill never wear one and I won't go buy one just so I can wear it on an interview...

My 6 figure job OR the interview I was on was had without any gay wrist wear...

Your interviewing skills and overall demeanor during an interview is more valuable than some junk watch...
Old 01-16-2012, 09:11 PM
On The Tree

I think the Lamborghini watch is pretty bad ***. Seriously look at all the moving parts you can see from the front. I would deffinetly forget the time after looking at that, but maybe I'm just sidetracked easy. Lol
Old 01-16-2012, 09:15 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Anything with a glass face or rubber wrist band I destroy in quick order. I do practically no physical labor besides hold a taper measure and a set of plans but somehow manage to destroy watches until this newest one.

Bam, balla
Old 01-16-2012, 09:30 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah, I just bought a Patek Philippe’s Platinum World Time last week. Pretty neat.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got a chance to view a Hubolt (I wish a knew the name) this summer. I fell in love with it. I would love to one day be established enough to own a nice piece like a Big Bang.

Nine Ball,
Save your breath trying to explain it.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:24 AM
12 Second Club

True on trying to explain good taste and how attention to detail can go a long way. I personaly cant stand to work for cheap *** operators in my field of work. I see it everyday. And yes it comes down to how well a person grooms themselves. The craftsmanship that goes into these high end time pieces is amazing. For all you who cant appreciate it. Go buy cheap LCD/digital cause you probably cant read a analog watch. Same goes for tools. Get the china stuff. Any gearhead can appreciate the mechanical workings of these watches.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

I just can't believe how it coordinates to being a ****** to some of these guys, when watches like Paneri and many others were used by many military personnel since WWI/WWII.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:08 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Anything with a glass face or rubber wrist band I destroy in quick order. I do practically no physical labor besides hold a taper measure and a set of plans but somehow manage to destroy watches until this newest one.

Bam, balla
Maybe this is another point being missed. Those who like/collect watches don't just appreciate the expensive watches. I also have a couple Casio G-Shock watches, that I wear when I'm doing water sports or skiing, or outdoor activities. I have all sorts of watches. I prefer Tag Heuer though, not because I think they are the best. It is because they are inspired by automotive racing heritage and are active motorsports participants. I hold Rolex in the same regard, they are heavily involved in auto racing. Both brands have models named after famous race tracks, etc...
Old 01-17-2012, 09:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

*sigh* collecting watches is a hobby. A fun, interesting and safe hobby.

It is an aquired taste, and alot of people will never understand or appreciate the craftsmanship of a quality watch.

I currently collect Invicta watches. Today I'm wearing my Invictia 0076 Pro Diver.

Beautiful watch.
It has a black dial, with a mystichrome tint on the gorilla glass face, so it changes colors in the light. Swiss made, using swiss parts, all hand assembled. Water resistant up to 660 feet, comes to show how rugged and reliable the watch is under harsh conditions, while still being one of the most accurate time pieces in the world.

Some people will say, who cares? Well would you rather be caught wearing:

A $20 casio

or
A bullet proof Swiss Made Invicta SubAqua Noma

or, I'll put it in an analogy that we can all relate to.
Would you be caught driving a:
non-pi mustang g. Hey its cheap, somewhat reliable, abundant, cheap to repair, and some people might consider it hip and stylish. Definately gets you from point A to point B.

Or

a 2002 camaro ss. Basically superior to the mustang in every way imagineable.

The difference? Character, Stance, Superiority, Heritage & Status.

To each their own.

Last edited by LeanPocket; 01-17-2012 at 09:18 AM.

Quick Reply: Upgraded my watch today