Anybody used Lsx Powersports in Mansfield?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 10:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by onefastjd
For those of you that would consider using a Craigslist advertiser to work on your car.
Here's a little back ground on these two. Colten Young guy that does know his stuff, He worked changing oil and pulling transmissions for Vandergriff Chevrolet in Arlington. He then worked for Dustin at Main Street Customs doing maintenance and other repair work for about 6 months. Before He and Chris decide to "Start their own performance shop"
Chris worked for himself as a road side repair service, he also so had a small shop in Arlington that failed, Then he also went to work for Main Street Customs. He worked there for a few months learning from Dustin and stealing everything he could to help he and Colten open their own shop.
Neither one of them have any real training or long term experience. They still use Dustin at Main Street Customs in Venus , TX. to do all their tuning and referencing performance ideas. (so if you pay them to tune you car or truck, it is actually do at Main Street)
They can't post to many references do to the fact that they have only done a hand full of satisfied customers. Mostly their friends and family. Those don't make reputable references. So do your home work before you have a shop that has only been in business for a few months do performance work on your car or truck!
This is awesome...Im chris, the "Thief" he has named me as above, otherwise known as the co-owner in LSX Powersports. This guy is a joke, he has been pissed off at the world since day one of Colten and I doing our own thing with LSX Powersports. He says we are "stealing his food money." We have to eat too *******, and we werent making a damn thing working for Dustin, hard to work for somebody when your not getting when you should, although you probably dont know any of that, because again, you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. And as far as the tuning goes, look in the mirror and ask yourself, Who does my tuning JD? oh thats right, the same guy that helps LSX powersports with their tuning. Sit back and think about it, we started with hardly any money and a few customers, now look, we arent hiding behind some wealthy mans house sucking on the tit are we? Just think about that and think about where we are compared to where you are, We are 22 years old and going no where but up in the past few months that we have been in business, you on the other hand, have been digging a hole that you cant find a way out of since you were in business.

its okay, we will take good care of your customers for you.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:42 AM
Teching In

I can guarantee anybody on this forum that we can make them a satisfied customer one way or the other. Dustin does help us with our tuning, we have to learn somehow, we arent denying that. Atleast we have the initiative to learn how to do it as we go.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

New shops open, same ole drama tho..its funny. Thanks for the read. Performance shops dont stay in business around here for one reason or another...thats too bad. There is alot of talent floating around...
Old 03-04-2012, 11:23 PM
Teching In

LSX powersports has worked on my 2000 trans am on several different occasions,
One such occasion (nearly a year ago) was the installation of my pacesetter headers, 3'' x pipe and dynomax mufflers, the guys did an incredible and timely job. I was strapped for time one Saturday and arrived to the shop later than my scheduled appointment, they were able to still fit me in and even stayed after closing time to make sure the job was done to perfection. Their dedication to customer service really showed that day and I have gone only to them ever since. They provided the x-pipe, mufflers and piping for the exhaust and I have found their prices to be among the best in town both on parts and labor.

The workmanship and service I have received from colten and chris is among the best I have ever had in a performance shop. I've floated around the metroplex and lubbock and tried several different shops (on my T/A, 05 ls2 sierra, and hondas) over the years, and cannot speak more highly of them and their work.

They will be doing my transmission swap within the next few weeks and turbo 6.0 sometime this summer. ill be sure to post about those once theyre completed
Old 09-28-2012, 12:05 AM
Teching In

I would just like to vouch for LSX Powersports, they've put in my long tubes and clutch this past summer, they will also be putting in my MS3 cam here in about a week. They're up front honest guys, good prices, very quick service. Both times I've had to get the parts installed on a saturday, short notice, and they fit me in and got it done.

It would seem that now a days customer service in the custom car parts industry has taken a nose dive. Nearly every shop I've had my cars worked on have had an arrogant ***** or two that's treated either me or a friend like a cheap meal ticket. Which is why these guys stand out even more. Chris and Colten have been very professional towards me, and have answered all my mechanically related questions without treating me like i'm clueless(I have experienced this at many other shops for both my Z28 and WS6).

They also workout at my gym and are pretty cool guys, even gave my car a jump when the battery died after a workout, free of charge lol.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:17 AM

Man I sure have missed ls1tech! Does this shop have a number? Someone pm me. I need some stuff!

PS that mellowyellow guy is a cracker jack.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:48 PM
Teching In

817-761-7017 is the shop number. I believe they're booked solid for the next 2 weeks.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onefastjd
For those of you that would consider using a Craigslist advertiser to work on your car.
Here's a little back ground on these two. Colten Young guy that does know his stuff, He worked changing oil and pulling transmissions for Vandergriff Chevrolet in Arlington. He then worked for Dustin at Main Street Customs doing maintenance and other repair work for about 6 months. Before He and Chris decide to "Start their own performance shop"
Chris worked for himself as a road side repair service, he also so had a small shop in Arlington that failed, Then he also went to work for Main Street Customs. He worked there for a few months learning from Dustin and stealing everything he could to help he and Colten open their own shop.
Neither one of them have any real training or long term experience. They still use Dustin at Main Street Customs in Venus , TX. to do all their tuning and referencing performance ideas. (so if you pay them to tune you car or truck, it is actually do at Main Street)
They can't post to many references do to the fact that they have only done a hand full of satisfied customers. Mostly their friends and family. Those don't make reputable references. So do your home work before you have a shop that has only been in business for a few months do performance work on your car or truck!
They couldn't have learned much from Dustin because he attempted to dump my tank in my current car...not only does the sump suck dickhole but the piece of **** leaks too. I could go on but I wont.

You shoulda seen the sweet ni99er rigged fuel system he did on Chris Franks CTS-V...He had a pump in the tank and a second pump on the return line because it made too much pressure on the rails..In other words he didnt use a regulator to return fuel to the tank and rigged a second pump under the hood to do the returning. Im glad these kids went out on the own. I hope they put him out of business. He's whack!

JD...that you with the shop off pioneer...?

Last edited by Pwebbz28; 09-29-2012 at 08:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Anybody used Lsx Powersports in Mansfield?