NELSON PERFORMANCE is AWESOME!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 05:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Wish I would have copied and pasted his response from the other thread..

Calling a customer mental is beyond uncalled for and very unprofessional.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ANTICOP RAM AIR
^.... Im a vet too. Those kind of statements are disrespectful both to the Army and those that support us....
I am prior Army myself, so because of that let me clear it up... the dude in the other thread was chair force go figure. HAHA
Old 02-16-2012, 06:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Did the other thread got deleted?
Old 02-16-2012, 06:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dave_the_SS
I agree..... Well as it stands right now they will not even unlock his PCM and return it to stock. So that he can get tuned else where.....
Regardless of what was said by either party they should atleast unlock the mans PCM so he can go get a good tune put on his car.after all it is his car and his PCM. He's not asking to see their tune.
Thats a dam shame, dont know why would someone take the liberty of locking up a PCM, its not like they tuned it for free.
Originally Posted by enigmah
Wish I would have copied and pasted his response from the other thread..

Calling a customer mental is beyond uncalled for and very unprofessional.
It is sad that honor has evaporated from this world. Truly unprofessional. Truly shows one's level of maturity on how to handle things. Of course you're going to have the faithful sheep that dumped money and got great service in return. But what about the little guy? Was his money no good or does it mean that a shop is going to utter disregard someone who spends 3-4 hundred of their hard earned money and ditch him in favor of people who dump 3-4 grand on turbo builds....
Old 02-16-2012, 06:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ballerado
I am prior Army myself, so because of that let me clear it up... the dude in the other thread was chair force go figure. HAHA

Im gonna keep my mouth shut.. lol
Old 02-16-2012, 06:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by chaman
Did the other thread got deleted?
Yeah, it was initially locked after a mod came in and said the thread had run its coarse and that seeing as how they are a sponsor on techs sister site ptnet to just take it over there. Then sometime later it was deleted.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Ballerado
Yeah, it was initially locked after a mod came in and said the thread had run its coarse and that seeing as how they are a sponsor on techs sister site ptnet to just take it over there. Then sometime later it was deleted.
A shame then. Anyways the crowd here is not easily manipulated and thats one of the things I love about members here. I guess threads like this are basic "damage control". Its us, as members, the ones who need to look out for each other. If sponsor X disrespects the community or decides to do rotten business we have the power to make things right. As long as the critiques are respectful and well documented future threads will be harder to delete.

Message to sponsors is "treat guys well here and the community will get behind your back 100%...do the contrary and, well...you get the idea"! LOL!
Old 02-16-2012, 06:58 PM
On The Tree

they should at least unlock his pcm so he can take his business else where....now he gots to spend another 400 - 500 for another tune that nelson could do at the first place
Old 02-16-2012, 07:10 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah they should do that for him, honest he was acting like an ***, he had reason to be upset but to take it that far was a lil much,but really what showed in that thread was the post that nelsons made, having everyone they know jump in and add fuel to the fire, we could all see he was acting like a *** clown ,all nelsons had to do was try and solve the issue ,calling someone mental in my book is a no, even if he was, i think they a least should unlock his pcm and try and make it right, hey kissing one guys *** can go a long way on tech,did they say they wont unlock his pcm? is this just some made up bs or what. im sure nelsons is sour about what happend but no reason for that, well maybe the mayor or whoever the op in the other thread was trying to write to will help him out andthen give him the key to the city since he is a war vet lol

and honest there are alot of threads that get locked and i dont see why, last week there was one about girls and f bodys , it wasnt a immature thread or anything like that . who knows maybe there was something in there i missed lol
Old 02-16-2012, 07:21 PM
On The Tree

yeah the mental part was unnessary in nelson part to call someone that...stupid and pathetic on there part.....he tried emailing them and called but no answer which wasnt a shock........i dont recommend anyone to them.....the guy who started this thread is either a nelson nut swinger or works there its obvious.....
Old 02-16-2012, 07:29 PM
Teching In

If I remember correctly the op from the other thread just said that his pcm was locked, and not that Nelson refused or said they would not unlock it. He did make it seem as if he had an issue contacting them, but I am pretty sure that was only through email, he didnt say much on actually picking up the phone. Like I had said in the deleted thread, seems like both parties dropped the ball prior to the thread being made and after. Why the op left their shop without what he though was a suitable tune is beyond me, even if he didnt pay anything for the retune. Although it seems Nelson acted a bit over the top, so did the op. Business and or sponsor or not, I think we are allowed to get a bit frustrated at times. Especially when one side feels the other has indeed lost their damn mind and is talking out of their ***. op should have tried to clear it up in the real world before running to a computer and putting Nelson on blast. Again, both sides could have managed the situation a bit differently to avoid this whole pissing contest. Just my .02 though
Old 02-16-2012, 07:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Locking pcm's is total bs. I own the pcm not the tuner. I wouldnt deal with someone who did it. I dont care who the shop is. I wouldnt care if its the best shop in the country
Old 02-16-2012, 07:51 PM
TECH Veteran

I must agree that locking the PCM is pretty shitty.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How about someone lock/delete this thread, too, before it reaches the ridiculousness of the other thread?

Old 02-16-2012, 09:40 PM
MASS seller approved

Received 132 Likes on 88 Posts

QUOTE=diablo-Z;15974381]yeah the mental part was unnessary in nelson part to call someone that...stupid and pathetic on there part.....he tried emailing them and called but no answer which wasnt a shock........i dont recommend anyone to them.....the guy who started this thread is either a nelson nut swinger or works there its obvious.....[/QUOTE]

There are 2 sides to every story. A sponsor is no better nor worse than a customer and a customer is no better nor worse than a sponsor. Point blank.

Some of you think Nelson was wrong in the "mental" comment because they are a sponsor yet just because the other original poster who got his thread deleted is a member of you all club's doesn't make him right in his allegations. You all were quick to jump on his bandwagon which was unfair.

Diablo wants to say Nelson was "stupid and pathetic." still being biased towards a club member. Another member commented Nelson was a sponsor and so the other thread was deleted again being biased towards a club member without regard to Nelson and even LS1Tech. C'mon be for real.

Diablo, you dont know me and yet you are assuming I work at Nelson's and call me a nut swinger. Diablo, you dont know me dude. I dont work at Nelson's and if I started this thread it was in all fairness. Anyone can believe what they want and take their business where they want. This is everyone's right....military veteran or not, wanna call the U.S. Government in on this or not, we all have the right to make choice.

Diablo, I've been disrespected worse in prison and dealt with them issues. I can honestly say am "mental" and not offended at all by it. I dont know you and you didnt tell me in my face so personally I dont care. However, Diablo dont disrespect me again dude. My number is listed below my avatar if you wanna have issues with me. Otherwise it's respect for respect dude.

Fellas, be fair and look at both sides of a story. Besides Nelson's Peformance, there is Lethal Performance, NoriBuilt, Pat G not far, and Brian Reckhart not far, and perhaps other tuners as well we can all go to if we choose to. Everyone, both Customers and Sponsors, work hard for their money...Customers should get their money's worth and Sponsors have their family and business to support. Go to whomever you feel is best and most comfortable with.

I was trying to get my truck dynoed in January and all throughout Erica told me they have been having issues with the dyno and so I wasnt able to dyno it. I told my mechanic back home about it in casual conversation and he gave me his opinion on what he thought it should dyno without me telling what my guesstimate was. It coincided with what I thought it would be.....so I have decided to spend the $75 dollars on some else. Simple as that. The original poster in the other thread I dont see how he was not told the dyno was out of order if I was all along I was. He was not charged the $75 dollars for it so what is the big deal??? No service, no charge, no foul, no harm.

Instead, that dude wants to call the U.S. Government and better business bureau on it. As a taxpayer, I want my government to focus on real issues. He didnt pay for any service and if he is still discontent because they allegedly didnt tell him the dyno was down, simply go elsewhere. He has that right point blank. Anyone who agrees with him, same thing. It's your right but damn no need to whine about $75 bucks that werent charged!!!

Rob got TEJAS SWAGGER & lots of RGV Friends with Fast Trucks

Last edited by low2001gmc; 02-16-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:41 PM
On The Tree

Nelson locks it cause he feels the tune is his intellectual property and u are paying him for that and there for have no right to alter his tuning .....
Old 02-16-2012, 09:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Texfinn
How about someone lock/delete this thread, too, before it reaches the ridiculousness of the other thread?

How is it ridiculous? Getting the word out that a shop basically told this guy to bend over and take it up the a$$? Thats ridiculous? Locking HIS pcm so he cant go get it retuned by someone else whos going to do the job right?

Im glad this is out in the open, treating your customers like this should be known, your business spreads word by mouth far more than advertisements and now hundreds of people know about these guys and not just him and his buddies.

This is a good thing.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:52 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

we were quick to jump on his side after nelsons post, if he would have been cool about it i know for a fact that the op would have been bashed, after reading his first post i just thought this guy is acting like a dick, then having people that work there jump in and just made thing far worse than they ever should be, i respet all of our sponsers and our members, 2 wrongs dont make a right, imo fixing the issue and bending over to help someone is what this is all about, that same guy that paid 75 for a lil bolt on tune could come back and drop 3 to 4 grand on a head and am pakage, or dyno tune, if its not broke lol, then he tells his buddys how good they are over there and everyone wins. i have never delt with nelsons but i have heard some good things about them, but if i see thats how they handle things i would head the other way.you an delete the thread but whats done is done, what would really help nelsons is to make a new thread , kiss some *** and make it right, yes there are 2 sides but after reading them both i wasnt thrilled at what i was reading on there end, the guy was a jack of period, but someone has to be the grown up

Last edited by BOBS99SS; 02-16-2012 at 10:04 PM. Reason: error
Old 02-16-2012, 10:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Locking PCM's is chickenshit. There's no reason a reputable tuner should do that unless they know their tunes are half ***/shameful.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

In before the lock!

Quick Reply: NELSON PERFORMANCE is AWESOME!!!