Things you need to know about Patrick Guerra a.k.a "Pat G"

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 08:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pat and Kurt are great guys. Kurt helped me through a bad and very unlucky situation with my Z06. Pat went above and beyond to get my car tuned and had my 403 running like a champ. Kurt also hooked up my dads 442 and got it running flawlessly. I do of much of my own work as I can but I will never take my car to anybody but Kurt again as long as he is wrenching.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:45 PM
Teching In

Those are my tuners!! Represent VTOWN!!

When I tell shops that tell me I have to send my computer in for tuning, i tell them it's okay, I live in the same town as Patrick G, I got it. They all say "oh uh well yeah you have a great tuner alright!"
Old 02-29-2012, 07:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Patrick G
Chad, I have a laptop that is totally portable so I can tune the folks in Houston or anywhere else. They'll just be missing out on using the Mustang dyno in Victoria which is really a superior tuning tool because it loads the tires appropriate to the weight and aerodynamics of the vehicle. Dynojets don't load the vehicles as hard to simulate track conditions so it's not uncommon to have to adjust timing or fuel once you hit the pavement. I can travel to Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Dallas for tuning. It just won't be as affordable as driving to Victoria.
I'm going to make it down there one day unless you are in Houston 1 with nothing to do. LOL My weekend are jammed pack with the shop and family so it's very hard to get away for a day.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Good thread for Pat.

Need to make a trip down there and toss back a few beers!
Old 02-29-2012, 11:52 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by enigmah
Well first off where to start!

Keep in mind my car has a MS3 cam and heads. M6

I bought my car at the beginning of January and after only a week of owning it #7 piston went out. Sucks for me right?? I told myself over and over to get it tuned right away, the car hardly idled by itself in the mornings or actually.. Never!

So after waiting about a month to get the car fixed I got it back on the 19th this month with new pistons. I had the guy working on it tell me both fuel banks were +25 or more 90% of the time, which kind of tells me the piston went out due to running lean.

I started reading up on tuning the car and who should do it, I have alway been a fan of the good shops in Houston, but after reading numerous things about this guy "Pat G" I decided that's where I was going. I sent him an email on February 19th about tuning my car and I think less then an hour later he had already emailed me back about tuning my car.

So a week goes by I get my car back more excited than a fat kid in a candy store. Its Sunday the 19th I call Pat G to setup an appointment, no answer! I left a voicemail and got a call back Monday morning he said he'd be more than happy to tune my car for me. I ask him if we could do it ASAP he told me he would call me back and let me know a time. He called me Tuesday around 12 and let me know he could get to my car that day!! I took off of work and got there around 5:40 and he started tuning my car around 6:00.

Holy ****... The cars tune was horrible!!! I had no idea how bad it actually was! Pat G and Kurt were very professional, very nice shop and were more than happy to answer any question I had to throw at them! Patrick had no problem telling me exactly what was wrong and even showed me how he fixed most of the we will call it "mail order tune" that was on the car. The MAF was so far off he said it wasn't even in the same zipcode!

I have nothing negative to say about Patrick or anything he did to my car. After about an hour of tinkering the car idled smooth as glass with the big MS3 cam. Another hour went by and the street "tune" was done. After that we did a couple of WOT pulls to see how much power we could get. The car made a respectable safe 458HP and 408 TQ. So after all that fun it was getting pretty late but the guys didn't mind at all they wanted another satisfied customer. We then took the car out for a test drive, we were cruising about 60 and the car didn't even feel like it had the cam. That's nothing though, he told me to coast in 6th don't touch the brake or clutch. Before I knew it we were doing 35 in 6th gear and the car was hardly bucking at all! Holy **** now I'm impressed.

We get back to his driveway and we stop throw the AC on full blast and the RPMs didn't even drop below 850. ( Keep in mind the car didn't even idle much less run with the AC on at a stoplight ) We got back to his shop and just started bullshitting about other cars and whatnots for another 30 minutes before I left happy as hell.

The next morning I decided to "test" his tune, tuned the AC on full blast it was around 50 outside, started the car and it instantly idled at 900 RPMs cold start with the AC on... Holy ****!!! I was smiling ear to ear.

All in all I would recommend Pat G and Kurt to anyone any time any day. Call me a nut swinger whatever you want, my car runs like a completely different car now and has way better response. He followed up 3 days later in email asking me how the tune and car was doing making sure I was completely satisfied with the product. He said if I had a single issue non mechanical ( tune ) problem to call ASAP and he would see/take care of it no problem.

+1 to Pat G and Kurt kudos to you guys!!

If the fuel banks were at +25, wouldn't that be a rich condition? I'm thinking that with the extra air flow from the heads/cam setup without a tune, the computer began dumping fuel.

what happened with the #7 piston, did it break, ringland, etc?
Old 02-29-2012, 11:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

As far as I know + is lean and - is rich.

It burned a hole right though the rings. If you look around I have pics up somewhere in Texas section.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:37 PM
LS1 Tech Administrator

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by 427LS7HCI
If the fuel banks were at +25, wouldn't that be a rich condition? I'm thinking that with the extra air flow from the heads/cam setup without a tune, the computer began dumping fuel.

what happened with the #7 piston, did it break, ringland, etc?
+25% fuel trims means that the engine was running very lean and the PCM was attempting to add 25% fuel to get it back to stoich (14.68:1 A/F ratio).

There was a lot to repair on the tune before we ever went WOT on the dyno. Better to be safe than sorry.

2013 Corvette Grand Sport A6 LME forged 416, Greg Good ported TFS 255 LS3 heads, 222/242 .629"/.604" 121LSA Pat G blower cam, ARH 1 7/8" headers, ESC Novi 1500 Supercharger w/8 rib direct drive conversion, 747rwhp/709rwtq on 93 octane, 801rwhp/735rwtq on race fuel, 10.1 @ 147.25mph 1/4 mile, 174.7mph Half Mile.
2016 Corvette Z51 M7 Magnuson Heartbeat 2300 supercharger, TSP LT headers, Pat G tuned, 667rwhp, 662rwtq, 191mph TX Mile.
2009.5 Pontiac G8 GT 6.0L, A6, AFR 230v2 heads. 506rwhp/442rwtq. 11.413 @ 121.29mph 1/4 mile, 168.7mph TX Mile
2000 Pewter Ram Air Trans Am M6 heads/cam 508 rwhp/445 rwtq SAE, 183.092 TX Mile
2022 Cadillac Escalade 6.2L A10 S&B CAI, Corsa catback.
2023 Corvette 3LT Z51 soon to be modified.
Custom LSX tuning in person or via email press here.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Im gonna end up taking pat my odd combo and my ss for a tune.
Perhaps during the summer when work schedule is lighter.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:11 PM
Teching In

I drove to victoria to have Pat G tune my car after another three letter vendor here did an absolutely awful job, both with the tune, and with customer service. He did an amazing job. Kurt and Pat are definitely great people to deal with. I'll definitely make the drive out there again if I need to tune in new mods.
Old 03-01-2012, 01:33 PM
ppp
Launching!

I love having these guys close by!!!! Thank you, to Patrick and Kurt for all your help!!
Old 03-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if he was in my area i would be there having him tune my car, those guys really know there stuff
Old 03-01-2012, 01:55 PM
On The Tree

+1 for Pat G.

He spec.ed my entire engine build... bought the parts and installed by a friend. Car runs strong.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:37 PM
HTX
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Blackfly
+1 for Pat G.

He spec.ed my entire engine build... bought the parts and installed by a friend. Car runs strong.

Your 337rwhp?
Old 03-02-2012, 12:39 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HTX
Your 337rwhp?
LMAO!!!

There is a video out there with my real #'s.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:20 AM
On The Tree

Another plus for Pat! The car felt like a completely different animal after he tuned mine. While driving the car around, I thought it had turned off at a light. I thought wrong! The idle and the way the car decelerated was so smooth it made it feel that way. He's also a cool guy to talk to and definitely knows what he's doing!
Old 03-02-2012, 07:21 AM
Teching In

I'm getting closer to finishing my motor, when finished, Pat G will be getting a call from me! maybe in a month or so, hoping for 450ish, but not that hung up on whp#s, just want good street manners. cant wait!

Quick Reply: Things you need to know about Patrick Guerra a.k.a "Pat G"