i thought the 5.0 were fast

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 09:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soloman369
Awe what about that no2 ss and that saleen race
yeah that was a joke I hope my cammed car with spray would beat a saleen...but then again I wouldn't waste my n2o on racing him.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by UTzo6
I never said it was a big mod. You should definitely feel accomplished because your modded vette beat a stock mustang gt.

It's about comparing apples to apples. Hence things like price and mods are important to consider.

Apparently it takes a modded c5 to edge out a new 5.0. I guess a stock fbody would have no shot.

Stick by that cliche, since it matters and all when comparing a new platform to older ones. I guess magazines should start testing modded 10 year old cars against all the new ones. That will totally get people talking.

"Run what ya brung" has to be the dumbest ******* cliche of all time. It's the ultimate "I won so what" no matter what it was against or why. Beating something with less mods is not an accomplishment just because they "brought it".
Pretty ******* stupid post, imo. Especially the part about a car with a lid being "modded". Lol. I got a drop in dry filter in my tundra. Guess I'll change my sig up...

My previous post included three points.

First one being, modded car vs. stock car, who gives a ****.

Second being, the guy in the stock mustang wanted to race. We read what happened. The Op can brag if he wants to. You and many others (including myself) are not impressed, duly noted. Now shut the **** up about it.

Third and main point; loosen your angry, kung fu death grip on ford's *******. I recommend a hobby or joining a ford message board.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:49 PM
9 Second Club

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Man yall wanna hate on someone yall should hate on me **** i whooped the **** out of a stock 10 speed bike. Yes i was moded i know me and my drop in k&n filter made a big difference curse me
Old 05-21-2012, 04:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

i swear, the user database needs to be purged starting with users with 2008 to present join dates.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:27 PM
8 Second Club

Wow... This thread makes my head hurt...
Old 05-21-2012, 04:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

shut up you ford nutswinger!!!!!
Old 05-21-2012, 04:37 PM
LS7 Member

Originally Posted by zero2sixT
Pretty ******* stupid post, imo. Especially the part about a car with a lid being "modded". Lol. I got a drop in dry filter in my tundra. Guess I'll change my sig up...

My previous post included three points.

First one being, modded car vs. stock car, who gives a ****.

Second being, the guy in the stock mustang wanted to race. We read what happened. The Op can brag if he wants to. You and many others (including myself) are not impressed, duly noted. Now shut the **** up about it.

Third and main point; loosen your angry, kung fu death grip on ford's *******. I recommend a hobby or joining a ford message board.

RUN WUTCHA BRUNNNGGG!!! MURRCA!!
Old 05-21-2012, 04:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Watch out now, he might try to run you in one of his trucks, LMAO.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:09 PM
Teching In

I never said it was a big mod. You should definitely feel accomplished because your modded vette beat a stock mustang gt.

It's about comparing apples to apples. Hence things like price and mods are important to consider.

Apparently it takes a modded c5 to edge out a new 5.0. I guess a stock fbody would have no shot.

Stick by that cliche, since it matters and all when comparing a new platform to older ones. I guess magazines should start testing modded 10 year old cars against all the new ones. That will totally get people talking.

"Run what ya brung" has to be the dumbest ******* cliche of all time. It's the ultimate "I won so what" no matter what it was against or why. Beating something with less mods is not an accomplishment just because they "brought it".
You are a bull seeing red and completely missed the point of my post. Someone was making fun of the OP about his car being bad *** modded (which it isn't, but that's another story). I was simply saying my C5 with 109 k miles and a stock ls1 long block out ran a beloved 5.0 track, when it was implied or stated that a ls1 must be all modded to **** to compete. Car made 308rw, what's a new Stang make? Almost 100 more STOCK? I like Stangs, I've owned about a dozen of them, but that still wasn't the arguement that was being put to rest with my initial post. Doesn't matter since I don't have a new 5.0 or a stock C5 anymore, but my wife's STOCK 2k frc held a car back with a MODDED 5.0 (417rw) to 130... That is embarrassing as well.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

so you're trying to brag about losing.

what do you drive now since you "had" to sell all your mustangs, wife's c5, etc, etc.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

I thought 5.0's were fast...

**As it cuts a 12.40 @ 110**

SLOW PIECE OF ****. MY 10 YEAR OLD Z06 CAN RUN THAT
Old 05-21-2012, 07:55 PM
LS7 Member

Originally Posted by OVRBRD
You are a bull seeing red and completely missed the point of my post. Someone was making fun of the OP about his car being bad *** modded (which it isn't, but that's another story). I was simply saying my C5 with 109 k miles and a stock ls1 long block out ran a beloved 5.0 track, when it was implied or stated that a ls1 must be all modded to **** to compete. Car made 308rw, what's a new Stang make? Almost 100 more STOCK? I like Stangs, I've owned about a dozen of them, but that still wasn't the arguement that was being put to rest with my initial post. Doesn't matter since I don't have a new 5.0 or a stock C5 anymore, but my wife's STOCK 2k frc held a car back with a MODDED 5.0 (417rw) to 130... That is embarrassing as well.
I was also somewhat sarcastic in my response. You got defensive with your "that counts as mods?!?" post. I have no dog in this fight as I have never owned an ls1 or a mustang

It's funny that the discussion had to shift to c5's for a ls1 to be able to handle the new 5.0's. Poor fbodies
Old 05-22-2012, 06:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
i swear, the user database needs to be purged starting with users with 2008 to present join dates.
Right. Only ones allowed to post should be old bitter ford owners. Good call

RUN WUTCHA BRUNNNGGG!!! MURRCA!!
Lol. Angry nerd post...

Originally Posted by | Powered by Satan |
Watch out now, he might try to run you in one of his trucks, LMAO.
Nah, don't worry about those trucks. They don't have a 5.0 in them.

Think I'm going to sell them anyway. Doubt anyone would buy them though. Because they aren't running God's 5.0. I'll get me a mustang and a diesel 4x4. I'll get a lid for both of them, so they'll be modded. Then I can finally tar 'em streetz up. And also talk a lot of **** on a GM site while pretending I'm cool.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Btw, just because one car outran another doesnt really mean **** either. Ive outrun a handful of 2010+ SS camaros, LS2/3 c6 vettes, blown 4.6 stangs, 03+ cobras, etc... at the track but I dont go out picking fights with their owners because I know the majority of them would wax my *** in about 3 seconds flat.

Stock 5.0's run high 12's with a hook and a decent driver, while thats kind of impressive all I have to say is its about ******* time ford.

Stock LS1 f-bodies can run high 12's with a hook and a decent driver, thats kind of impressive to.

Do I think my my 10 year old fbody is a better car than a new mustang? Nope, thats why i'll probably be driving a new 5.0 within the year as my fbody is worn out and I want something newer.

Some of you guys really need to take a ******* breath and just move on. If you want to talk **** on anything talk **** about GM making the new SS camaro a heavy *** slug with a power raping driveline.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:48 AM
LS7 Member

Lol. Angry nerd post...

Think I'm going to sell them anyway. Doubt anyone would buy them though. Because they aren't running God's 5.0. I'll get me a mustang and a diesel 4x4. I'll get a lid for both of them, so they'll be modded. Then I can finally tar 'em streetz up. And also talk a lot of **** on a GM site while pretending I'm cool.
You just don't get it...
Old 05-22-2012, 11:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Lol. Angry nerd post...

The point

Your head
Old 05-22-2012, 04:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by OVRBRD
Car made 308rw, what's a new Stang make? Almost 100 more STOCK? Doesn't matter since I don't have a new 5.0 or a stock C5 anymore, but my wife's STOCK 2k frc held a car back with a MODDED 5.0 (417rw) to 130... That is embarrassing as well.
For the record, a Stock 5.0 makes 415hp at the flywheel, not at the rear wheels.

And your talking about racing a 3300lb Corvette against a 3900lb Mustang? I highly doubt a Stock 2k Corvette only held one car back on a 5.0 that made 417whp. Not saying your lying, but maybe the dude cut her some slack. Stock 5.0's will run low 12's. Add another 100rwhp and it's bound to go some mid 11's and I KNOW for a fact a 2k Corvette STOCK will not run that.

I'm not a Ford nutswinger, but I do like them. Don't get me wrong, if I didn't have kids, I'd have a new Corvette.... but I wanted something with power AND a backseat and the Mustangs are a very well built car.

Quick Reply: i thought the 5.0 were fast