How is Texas Raceway (Kennedale) still in business?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 02:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ha yeah they run for some big money out at both of those tracks ! I was out there one week apparently these guys were running for 5 grand and who knows how much all the guys on the side were betting .... If I remember correctly it wasn't even that close of a race lol
Old 05-28-2012, 12:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by txh0tb0i972
Yellowbelly > all tracks Bet 5?
I'd much rather just race between some warehouses then go on that rough *** track again lol
Old 05-28-2012, 05:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Conekiller01
When I went out a few years back there was literally grass growing through cracks in the track somewhere near or close after the quarter mile time box..... I liked my truck at the time and decided If I was crash and burn I'd rather do it at "slippery river" so maybe it could at least put the fire
Out lol
Thats weird. Kennedale is only an 1/8 mile Track. + 2 years ago it was completely redone, new concrete from start line to finish line. Best hooking track around.

@stroked96bowtie

the Guy on the starting line may have come of as a douche, its because he takes really good care of that track they prep the whole thing wed-sun. Daily as there is something going on every day. If your going to bring a POS to the track at least fix the leaks last thing we need is leaking oil there are racers there with 100 grand race cars...hes just looking out for the racers. the guy in charge for the prep is named Bubba Corzine. Hes with ADRL and knows a thing or two about making a track HOOK. bubbas not always there as he travels with the ADRL .
Old 05-28-2012, 05:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JOSH13
How is this track still in business ?
I went there for the first time in a long time on Sunday and that will definitely be my last. I waited in line for over an hour and a half and when mine and a friends cars were next in line they shut down .... I asked for my tech card back so I could come out again (like other tracks do when you don't get to run) and the response I got was that's too bad we opened at 4. I explained how long I waited and that I didn't care about my money back another slip was fine and he said that's too bad. I said that's BS and he asked me to leave so I calmly did .... Then as I get about 20-30 feet away he proceeds to talk **** to me LOL .
There were about 5 cars that paid to run and didn't get to no refund , no extra slip nothing ....
I just don't understand how this place still operates ??
I've ran here several times in the past. The track is always prepped like **** , takes hours to repair when someone wrecks , people betting and fighting in the stands , and what bothers me most is the ghetto *** people drinking beer inches away from your car in the burnout box ! I've never seen such non-sense elsewhere at a track with occasional semi pro racing .... This place needs some new management or to be shut down ! It's pretty bad when the street races are more civilized and safer than a damn track ....
They are in business because of the BIG business they do and the fast *** cars that are on the property. If you have a street car, unless its on slicks and your a regular who grudge races good luck getting down the track after 7 on a sunday, they save it for the big tire cars and GRUDGE $$ racers. And if you dont like black or mexicans go to denton. try k dale on a friday night when there is not promods.

watch the NHRA or ARDL and see if there arnen't 15-20 ppl around the cars at takeoff...

dude street racing is never safer than at a track. you got EMT'S at the end, hired police, a sandbox, a great surface, walls!!! two lanes...and a light to tell you who really won. not to mention its not illegal. they dont check your DL status @ the track. maniacs allowed
Old 05-28-2012, 10:52 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Luckymex_dallas
They are in business because of the BIG business they do and the fast *** cars that are on the property. If you have a street car, unless its on slicks and your a regular who grudge races good luck getting down the track after 7 on a sunday, they save it for the big tire cars and GRUDGE $$ racers. And if you dont like black or mexicans go to denton. try k dale on a friday night when there is not promods.

watch the NHRA or ARDL and see if there arnen't 15-20 ppl around the cars at takeoff...

dude street racing is never safer than at a track. you got EMT'S at the end, hired police, a sandbox, a great surface, walls!!! two lanes...and a light to tell you who really won. not to mention its not illegal. they dont check your DL status @ the track. maniacs allowed
LOL, Kdale is ghetto, used to go up there all the time running OL10.5, with the current ODR record holding 4.26 car. I can say it was always a pleasure to run there and in fact we went a record best @ that time, 4.39 @ 176 several years back on 33X10.5Ws. Crandall is a nice track for the new age kiddos.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:18 PM
On The Tree

Funny that you say it's one of the best prepped and best hooking tracks around ....
All last year I had a car that would run consistent 8.0s at Northstar on a Friday night and when I'd go to Kennedale on a Sunday night (Identical temperature 2 days apart) it would run 2 tenths slower .... Several friends ran about same difference in times between the 2 tracks as well. So that's not just me .... Unless you are running RIGHT after one of the pro-mods that they prepped it for it's it's not that good of surface IMO. If my 8.0 bolt on car got noticeably worse traction there I could imagine someone making even 500 plus.
Not to mention, how sketchy it is to do a burnout with 20-30+ people acting stupid inches away from your car in a big power car like that .... I'm not a huge safety freak or anything but that's just foolish for the track to let that kinda stuff happen
Old 05-29-2012, 09:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Funny that you say it's one of the best prepped and best hooking tracks around ....
All last year I had a car that would run consistent 8.0s at Northstar on a Friday night and when I'd go to Kennedale on a Sunday night (Identical temperature 2 days apart) it would run 2 tenths slower .... Several friends ran about same difference in times between the 2 tracks as well. So that's not just me .... Unless you are running RIGHT after one of the pro-mods that they prepped it for it's it's not that good of surface IMO. If my 8.0 bolt on car got noticeably worse traction there I could imagine someone making even 500 plus.
Not to mention, how sketchy it is to do a burnout with 20-30+ people acting stupid inches away from your car in a big power car like that .... I'm not a huge safety freak or anything but that's just foolish for the track to let that kinda stuff happen
Not sayin i like people standing around while im burning out but it is what it is. When I do my burnout I don't pay attention to them. If they get hit by my ****, *** 'em. Not my fault.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:18 AM
9 Second Club

If you had an 8.0 car that spun, sounds like you had more issues than a slippery track. A 8.0 car should hook in grass. What tire did you have on it?
Old 06-02-2012, 05:37 PM
On The Tree

Seriously? haha ^
315/35/17 Toyo on Zr1 wheels ....
Full weight , mostly stock suspension . Just a real consistent street car. It's not a race car by any means lol .
Old 06-04-2012, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dallas Raceway > *
Old 06-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Just went back and read through this and was obviously confused that they were talking about prarie hill in Waco lol hopefully nobody else has experienced that hunk of crap

As for Kennedale I haven't had too bad of an experience there and even on nittos I was dead hooking with hot tread def plan on making a trip out to Dallas soon though!
Old 06-05-2012, 05:25 PM
TECH Resident

Seriously? haha ^
315/35/17 Toyo on Zr1 wheels ....
Full weight , mostly stock suspension . Just a real consistent street car. It's not a race car by any means lol .
Sounds really consistant
Old 06-05-2012, 05:57 PM
On The Tree

If anyone else is willing to make the drive Ennis (Texas Motorplex) Recently changed there schedule and is open basically every Friday night now. I have never had a problem there except maybe a bad track night with cars breaking, have some of my personal best times there too.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:39 PM
TECH Addict

dallas raceway ftw
Old 06-06-2012, 03:07 PM
Launching!

dallas raceway is a great track. this isnt a discussion about whos the best, it was about how is texas raceway still open. they make more money then crandall. they are owned ben in business since the fifties. a bank didnt just bail them out. crandall ka the concrete palace is open because someone took a risk and wnted to open a very nice facilty. the track prep guys at crandall have nothing on texas raceways...and the guy who fills NOS at crandall sucks doesnt know how to do it correctly either, so beware.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:54 PM
Teching In

Went to K-dale to run a new to me 99 Trans am with my daughter ( her first time to a track to run ) arived at 7 pm last Sunday. All was good got a run in with her a few peeps in burn out area. By night fall what a getto dump! I was attempting to bring a new person in the sport but it scared the hell out of her when trying to do a burn out and some teen girl stareing at her phone walked infront of her. 20 peeps hell you cant even drive to line more like 50 plus. People yelling,,some yelling inapropriate comments. No track is that unsafe!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and you might say she does belong there just learning well I thought it was FUN AND GRUDGE SUNDAY!. I for 1 will never go there with a family again. Jerks in the pits burning out throwing rocks into a sweet race car (That was almost a fight). You keep your Ghetto dump I will look else where!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2012, 09:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bmech
Went to K-dale to run a new to me 99 Trans am with my daughter ( her first time to a track to run ) arived at 7 pm last Sunday. All was good got a run in with her a few peeps in burn out area. By night fall what a getto dump! I was attempting to bring a new person in the sport but it scared the hell out of her when trying to do a burn out and some teen girl stareing at her phone walked infront of her. 20 peeps hell you cant even drive to line more like 50 plus. People yelling,,some yelling inapropriate comments. No track is that unsafe!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and you might say she does belong there just learning well I thought it was FUN AND GRUDGE SUNDAY!. I for 1 will never go there with a family again. Jerks in the pits burning out throwing rocks into a sweet race car (That was almost a fight). You keep your Ghetto dump I will look else where!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I knew from the first time I went to K-dale I would never bring my kids..... And people who know me know I got into racing because my kids wanted me to turn my car into a drag car.

I always have one of my kids with me... I can't tell you how many times I've gone to Dallas Raceway with my kids..If you want your daughter to have a good time take her to Dallas Raceway.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To answer the original question: lack of competition.
Old 07-03-2016, 11:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Luckymex_dallas

I know I'm the new guy on the block but, NHRA, IHRA, ADRL etc only allow crew members in staging area. Legally, if someone gets hurt in staging area who isn't a crew member, insurance of the track won't cover it. Redline Raceway is 3 miles from my house and he shut doors because of a lawsuit. Granted, he just took another loan out on his other closed track and is redoing it, but even having 1 spectator in staging is stupid. That's street racing mentality there. Granted, tons of tracks are trying to capitalize on the whole "Street Outlaws" movement and make racing more like the show, but safety comes first. Also, someone leaning on your car while you are in line is total disrespect. Who is to say they aren't really screwing with something on your ride. You obviously are tied in with the track or have at least some kind of personal interest in it. Maybe you are one of those bet takers. I had a similar experience with my last ride that the OP had. They also got rude with me (guy who runs the lanes) because I told someone to get the Heck off my ride. Someone came over and sat on side of my bed when I was in line. Put a 2 inch crack in the fiberglass and they threatened me. Any track that shuts out the small guy so betting and "big guy" rides can go on is garbage anyways. No wonder NHRA has allegedly ditched them permanently . Mark my words, Texas Raceway will either fall like Dallas Raceway Park in Crandall did or become another Cedar Creek. Hopefully, no track clones Yellow Belly. Also, there isn't hired "Police". More like hired protection for the big money betters. Like another guy said. Stabbing over $5 bet. That REALLY the track you wanna promote.

Last edited by TrueStreeter; 07-04-2016 at 12:01 AM.
Old 07-03-2016, 11:57 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BADFNZ
To answer the original question: lack of competition.
Someone with deep pockets should help me persuade the owner of the now closed Dallas Raceway Park in Crandall. It's currently leased to a trash truck company who is using the lanes to store dumpsters. The owner of the track (Mike Adcock) owns Redline in Caddo Mills and lives pretty close to me. The trash companies lease is about up and he is friends with my chassis guy and he told me he likes the idea of someone reopening it, he can't do it because he has redline to worry about.

Quick Reply: How is Texas Raceway (Kennedale) still in business?