How is Texas Raceway (Kennedale) still in business?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 05:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How is Texas Raceway (Kennedale) still in business?

How is this track still in business ?
I went there for the first time in a long time on Sunday and that will definitely be my last. I waited in line for over an hour and a half and when mine and a friends cars were next in line they shut down .... I asked for my tech card back so I could come out again (like other tracks do when you don't get to run) and the response I got was that's too bad we opened at 4. I explained how long I waited and that I didn't care about my money back another slip was fine and he said that's too bad. I said that's BS and he asked me to leave so I calmly did .... Then as I get about 20-30 feet away he proceeds to talk **** to me LOL .
There were about 5 cars that paid to run and didn't get to no refund , no extra slip nothing ....
I just don't understand how this place still operates ??
I've ran here several times in the past. The track is always prepped like **** , takes hours to repair when someone wrecks , people betting and fighting in the stands , and what bothers me most is the ghetto *** people drinking beer inches away from your car in the burnout box ! I've never seen such non-sense elsewhere at a track with occasional semi pro racing .... This place needs some new management or to be shut down ! It's pretty bad when the street races are more civilized and safer than a damn track ....
Old 05-22-2012, 08:36 PM
Launching!

Done crying? The track really isn't that bad dude...It is more ghetto than it use to be but it isn't yellowbelly!
Old 05-22-2012, 08:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's why you go to north star where the white folks hang out!
Old 05-22-2012, 09:37 PM
10 Second Club

Go to Dallas Raceway it's a **** ton better then all the other tracks around.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:03 PM
On The Tree

Not crying just stating how unprofessional and trashy the place is for a somewhat pro level track .... which is ridiculous!

Yes, Yellowbelly is ghetto but it's not really a legitimate track either .... It's basically a street surface you can run on for fun lol.

I usually go to Northstar, it's a bit further for me but worth every gallon spent to get there!

Dallas Raceway is the only one in the area I haven't been to but I plan to check it out over the summer for sure.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ever seen a guy get stabbed over a $5 bet? Welcome to Texas Raceway.
Old 05-23-2012, 12:15 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JOSH13
How is this track still in business ?
I went there for the first time in a long time on Sunday and that will definitely be my last. I waited in line for over an hour and a half and when mine and a friends cars were next in line they shut down .... I asked for my tech card back so I could come out again (like other tracks do when you don't get to run) and the response I got was that's too bad we opened at 4. I explained how long I waited and that I didn't care about my money back another slip was fine and he said that's too bad. I said that's BS and he asked me to leave so I calmly did .... Then as I get about 20-30 feet away he proceeds to talk **** to me LOL .
There were about 5 cars that paid to run and didn't get to no refund , no extra slip nothing ....
I just don't understand how this place still operates ??
I've ran here several times in the past. The track is always prepped like **** , takes hours to repair when someone wrecks , people betting and fighting in the stands , and what bothers me most is the ghetto *** people drinking beer inches away from your car in the burnout box ! I've never seen such non-sense elsewhere at a track with occasional semi pro racing .... This place needs some new management or to be shut down ! It's pretty bad when the street races are more civilized and safer than a damn track ....
Off topic but are you the guy with the mullet in the white camaro that had that grudge match going on with that bone stock pink non-pi 2V gt?
Old 05-23-2012, 01:12 AM
On The Tree

Well that track is also known as kennebelly.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:39 AM
On The Tree

Reminds me of old good malls that turn into flea market malls. I've been to scared to go to yellowbelly from all the stories over the years. Sucks is kennedale is getting that way too
Old 05-23-2012, 03:15 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SIC GTO
Done crying? The track really isn't that bad dude...It is more ghetto than it use to be but it isn't yellowbelly!
Don't give him such a hard time. It's nice to know word of mouth, people pay hard earned money everywhere they go and if you get bad service you deserve the right to bitch.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:13 AM
10 Second Club

Not crying just stating how unprofessional and trashy the place is for a somewhat pro level track .... which is ridiculous!

Yes, Yellowbelly is ghetto but it's not really a legitimate track either .... It's basically a street surface you can run on for fun lol.

I usually go to Northstar, it's a bit further for me but worth every gallon spent to get there!

Dallas Raceway is the only one in the area I haven't been to but I plan to check it out over the summer for sure.
Once you go you will never go to another track... Sometimes its get really crowded but most of the times you get in an race as many times as you want. Very nice track!!

Originally Posted by I8ASaleen
Ever seen a guy get stabbed over a $5 bet? Welcome to Texas Raceway.
I haven't heard anything like that but I wouldn't be surprised. The few times I have been I thought to myself no way would I bring my kids to this track. Only two tracks in the area I have said that to… Kennedale & Yellowbelly .

Originally Posted by jgarza54
Well that track is also known as kennebelly.
lol

Originally Posted by 99CamVanillaTop
Don't give him such a hard time. It's nice to know word of mouth, people pay hard earned money everywhere they go and if you get bad service you deserve the right to bitch.
That's the truth... Last thing anyone wants is to have a bad experience….
Old 05-23-2012, 08:47 AM
TECH Addict

i stopped going there years ago, when there were people gambling in the lanes/staging area, leaning on my car and ****.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The guy that runs the starting line is a douche...he threatened a buddy of mine with charging him a deposit to make a pass cause he had a tranny line come loose on one pass. He walked back to the pits to talk **** and offer his threats. Its a decent track...some reason the guy on the starting line has a hard time dealing with 'typical track issues'. FWIW
Old 05-23-2012, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

I was there for the $5 stabbing incident btw. Needless to say I haven't been back
Old 05-23-2012, 11:30 AM
Teching In

When I went out a few years back there was literally grass growing through cracks in the track somewhere near or close after the quarter mile time box..... I liked my truck at the time and decided If I was crash and burn I'd rather do it at "slippery river" so maybe it could at least put the fire
Out lol
Old 05-23-2012, 02:32 PM
Staging Lane

Apparently Sunday is not the day to go to Kennybelly anymore unfortunatly, at least not unless you plan to leave early. A buddy went on Wednesday and said it was much less crowded and much more civilized.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:51 PM
Launching!

Yeah I was just messing with you, but really Dallas raceway is awesome! That's basically the only track I will run at.

Originally Posted by 99CamVanillaTop
Just ****** with him, it isn't that bad tho. Is getting worse that's for sure, I just go to watch pro mods out there when it's at it's most dangerous lol
Old 05-24-2012, 11:08 PM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=SIC GTO;16346757]Yeah I was just messing with you, but really Dallas raceway is awesome! That's basically the only track I will run at.

Yeah I know, I wasn't taking it too seriously lol.

I've heard a lot of good stuff about Dallas Raceway though. It's good to know there's that there's a nice 1/4 mile track in the area.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Yellowbelly > all tracks Bet 5?
Old 05-25-2012, 09:47 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by txh0tb0i972
Yellowbelly > all tracks Bet 5?
Have you not been to the track in awhile?? They start off with $5 and go up from there.

Quick Reply: How is Texas Raceway (Kennedale) still in business?