Loving male Black lab needs a home

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man I hate when members jump all over someone kinda like this but **** you need to take your nuts back and let the wife know that dog won't being going anywhere. Fences, dog runs, kennels look into them. Not hard to separate dogs from children while they play.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Teching In

I feel you man, my dog is my best friend too but speaking as a father I would kill for my kids. You get 10 to 13 years out of a dog no matter how much you love them but children are ours to love and protect as long as we are alive.
I understand your situation but you got to keep the peace in your home, sometimes we have to give things up for our marriage.
That being said I have a 4 year old chocolate lab that could use a roomate! HMU I can't view where your located from my phone, but I'm in Dallas.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:03 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by IRC_WS6
I feel you man, my dog is my best friend too but speaking as a father I would kill for my kids. You get 10 to 13 years out of a dog no matter how much you love them but children are ours to love and protect as long as we are alive.
I understand your situation but you got to keep the peace in your home, sometimes we have to give things up for our marriage.
That being said I have a 4 year old chocolate lab that could use a roomate! HMU I can't view where your located from my phone, but I'm in Dallas.
He is in Austin. If necessary, I can volunteer to drive the dog up. I drive up North every other weekend (sometimes every weekend) and Dallas is on my way.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Name:  vrwX1.gif
Views: 3
Size:  1.30 MB

OP's face after said confrontation. Put your foot down!
Old 06-07-2012, 11:34 PM
Teching In

How old is Hunter? My good friend and myself just moved to the DFW area and are looking for a dog exactly with his description. Good looking pup, always wanted a black lab.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:39 PM
Teching In

very interested, had dogs all my life.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good to see members step up like this.. If I had room I'd rescue this dog the first day this thread was posted.. Seems now he will be cared for.. Bravo tech..
Old 06-10-2012, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

i just buried my best friend,today at 330 pm.........
after giving him a bath about a month ago i noticed a large lump by his growing area, then 1 weeks after that, he had hernia surgery & nuetered,he was 10 years old.

doc said he had multiple hernias & he done the best he could & fixing him may help with not herniating again...

fast forward to this morning around 530am he was crying,wife let him out then i did at 630am, he is wanting out again so i let him out & he comes in very thirsty & i notice his **** area is protruded outward while drinking the water.....

i wake the wife up,after a few phone calls we take him to the emergency vet a few towns away thats open on sundays......diagnoses was his blader came through another herniated area in his **** area.....

they said the only vet that could fix it was on the north side of chicago,a few hours away....but very risky surgery.

so i had to make the painfull choice to put him under....he was suffering so bad that i could not believe how he changed over night.
he was in the garden with me yesterday for a few hours, just laying in the shade & waiting for me to get done......
he greated me with a yip n yap & ran at me just to dodge hitting me at the last second when he knew i had enough & was heading in.he was smart that way,he knew what you were gonna do before you done it.......

thats how i want to remember him......thank you my friend GOOBER,YOU WILL BE MISSED.

to the OP.........
good luck,
i know how hard of a choice you are making.........................
i wish i had someone else to make that choice for me today.i just did not see putting him through more surgeries & after this one, he tears some where else....i could not see a clear cut ending,no one would say one way or the other when or if it would end or how.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Launching!

A dog snapping at a kid is nothing new especially if you had the dog for a long time before you had kids. My brother in law just had a baby and my wife's beagle has always lived in that house. When the baby came along 5 yrs later, the dog was neglected, so needless to say, that pissed him off. He growls at her from time to time but it has gotten better.

Wish I could take care of him but because my wife and I both work, gotta leave him there. But I make the 15mi trip (gladly I might add) every weekend to spend time with him since no one else does. Wouldnt have it any other way. In my case however, the dog is provoked all the time, the baby can mistreat the dog but not vice versa. I put a stop to that and couldnt imagine giving him away just because my wife didnt like that she growled at her niece.