The shooting in CO. Whats your thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012 | 10:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Pwebbz28
If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns!!
Just like mexico. Only the "leo" and outlaws have guns. And the common folk, are prohibited from owning any kind of firearm. and the outlaws chew them up.
Similar events like CO are common in mexico.
Old 07-21-2012 | 10:47 AM
On The Tree

so what is this gun law they keep talking about? something about the UN?
Old 07-21-2012 | 10:49 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by hiram007
If the guy was that disturbed, he should have just shot himself in the head and that would have taken care of all his problems, colorado has a thing for mass murder shootings, never visiting that state for any reason
This promptly followed by a commercial, "Come see Colorado and the Rockies. Enjoy skiing and family vacations" message paid for by Colorado Tourism.
Old 07-21-2012 | 10:54 AM
TECH Regular

Also, does anyone know if the theater had the "FIRE ARMS PROHIBITED" signage posted? This would be a good point to consider in this discussion. Who here regularly disobeys these warning signs? Because if they did have these signs, someone would've had to illegally carry onto the premises in order to be a factor in the situation. There could've been some there that regularly carries but didn't because of the law.

Don't expect anyone to truthfully answer but worth mentioning.
Old 07-21-2012 | 11:12 AM
On The Tree

I have a chl, and if a business has a LEGAL sign preventing me from carrying there (I.e 30.06), then they don't get my business.
same with any business who advertantly restricts my constitutional right.
that being said, maybe a chl was there. But there job is not to be a hero.
That being said, im trained well past chl standards due to my career and I probabaly would go alot further than most to stop him. Personal choice....I don't have kids and a wife to leave behind.
Old 07-21-2012 | 11:50 AM
TECH Regular

I think at that point would be past heroism. It would be self defense simply because they're in the theater and someone is randomly shooting people and it could very well be them next.
Old 07-21-2012 | 01:44 PM
TT-TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by ls1n00b
so what is this gun law they keep talking about? something about the UN?
Did you look at the Video I posted? It talkes about it and gives you a little back ground on it!
Old 07-21-2012 | 01:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DKM DWN
Laws or not people who want to carry are. If some had a chl or not it would still have been bad. Do we know for sure if anyone had a gun or a license there? How many of us truly are carrying at all times? Do you take it to the movies, work, church, or school?
I agree. Even with several CHL's this would gave been bad. The guy had superior fire power and the element of surprise.

I carry everywhere except where prohibited, usually with an extra magazine. This includes just walking the dogs in my neighborhood. I feel nekkid without being armed. School is prohibited, church is unless you have permission, and work tends to be for most.
Old 07-21-2012 | 02:53 PM
In-Zane Moderator
10 Year Member

I agree, in the situation, of normal ability to carry, that guy would have had return fire and would have turned out better.

As for disarming the US? Ye right. We wont have it in Texas and many other states. A collapse of the arms industry? Not going to be allowed.

If they did attempt, they would have blood shed to last a lifetime. There are individuals that have spent their life collecting, just to have it ripped away? They will resist as well as others that are just strong to stand behind the 2nd.
Old 07-21-2012 | 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic
10 Year Member

If close enough just jump the guy with the rifle. I have a wife and kids and you better believe I'm going to make sure they get out safe. Too bad he didn't shoot the dumbass with the 4 month old baby there!!
Old 07-21-2012 | 03:26 PM
TECH Resident

I went to the movies last night and they were ALOT less crowded as usual on a Friday night. My 7months pregnant girlfriend and I weren't scared(like alot of people were) to go, I just asked here to put the extra clip in her purse!

I agree with those who said that someone shooting back could have made a huge difference in the out come.
Old 07-21-2012 | 03:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by S1LV3R
I think at that point would be past heroism. It would be self defense simply because they're in the theater and someone is randomly shooting people and it could very well be them next.
Way past heroism... Would be more like self defense and defending innocent others. Even though it technically would be illegal for whoever would have done it I'm pretty sure that breaking that law in this situation would be more than acceptable.
Old 07-21-2012 | 05:05 PM
On The Tree

Defense of oneself or a 3rd party from a life threating situation isn't illegal in texas. Maybe in new york and california.
Old 07-21-2012 | 09:59 PM
TECH Regular

all those people and no one did anything to try to stop it... but hey they had enough time to bust their phones out and get a youtube video, that's what matters right?... if this happened in tx i would be willing to bet that motherf*cker would be dead, if not by a civilian then the cops would have shot and killed him for sure... why even bother putting that worthless pos in jail and wasting tax money to keep him alive, they should have just did the deed right there on the spot... after all the innocent people he killed and injured he will get a fair trial, ftw
Old 07-21-2012 | 10:47 PM
TECH Regular

So did he just walk out, lay down the guns and surrender? I still haven't heard that part of it.
Old 07-22-2012 | 12:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Had his apartment rigged with IED's too.
Old 07-22-2012 | 01:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This video is very disturbing.
I just turned 20 so CHL isn't with in my grasp yet. But I'm most definitely going to start looking up information about firearms. And as soon as i turn 21 I will start to purchase firearms. I will be loaded and I will have plenty of Ammunition.

I just hope by the time i turn 21 americans can still purchase firearms. =/.

And for what happened in colorado. Was a total *****. If i had a chance to give this son of a *itch a piece of my medicine. He would be severally injured. My prayers go out to those who died and there families.

And my prayers especially go out to that man who jumped in the line of fire to protect his girlfriend. In my opinion that was a very honorable thing to do.
Old 07-22-2012 | 01:28 PM
In-Zane Moderator
10 Year Member

To think, if for whatever reason, there was a random gun nut that really carried regardless of the sign, and carried full size, just so happened to carry a FN 5.7, that guy would have been in for a surprise.
Old 07-22-2012 | 03:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^ I was thinking that myself, how the story would have been if someone in that theater pulled out a .38 and put two in that guys head!

I understand how nothing was done to stop this guy, we all say we would try and take him down.. But how many people do you know that have any training in hand to hand or disarming? Especially a full automatic with 100 rounds? At best you would a distraction and take 10 to the chest and pray someone would attack while he was focused on you.

Such a sad story.. I hope some guy on a life sentence gives this guy the shank!
Old 07-22-2012 | 04:21 PM
KCS
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by neutron82
all those people and no one did anything to try to stop it... but hey they had enough time to bust their phones out and get a youtube video, that's what matters right?
Many of those victims were servicembers or veterans, and rather than stop the attacker amongst all the confusion, they risked their lives to protect others.

Before any more of you judge their actions, ask yourself if you've ever been in a similar situation where you're being shot at and you have no means in which to defend yourself. If you were armed, would you still engage in a firefight if your 6 year old daughter was with you?

Unless you've been in that situation, all the Internet tough guy talk doesn't mean ****.

Quick Reply: The shooting in CO. Whats your thoughts?