Is this the car from the burnout video that blew the motor?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 11:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, so Thompson doesn't want to be associated with Jared and the Monster Camaro because of the Power Cruise video.

That is understandable.

Why would they choose to use images of the Monster Camaro on their Ebay listings?

That just doesn't add up. Especially when they are using an entity like Monster Energy. This is a company that sued a website just for having a logo that looks kinda sorta similar to the Monster Energy logo.

IDK, seems like Thompson would be opening themselves up to a lawsuit from Monster.

That aside, they are openly associating themselves with something they claim they do not want to be associated with.

Seems to me like there is more going on here.

Probably just more guerrilla marketing.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
Okay, so Thompson doesn't want to be associated with Jared and the Monster Camaro because of the Power Cruise video.

That is understandable.

Why would they choose to use images of the Monster Camaro on their Ebay listings?

That just doesn't add up. Especially when they are using an entity like Monster Energy. This is a company that sued a website just for having a logo that looks kinda sorta similar to the Monster Energy logo.

IDK, seems like Thompson would be opening themselves up to a lawsuit from Monster.

That aside, they are openly associating themselves with something they claim they do not want to be associated with.

Kyle explained the photo thing a few pages back I believe..
Old 08-04-2012, 11:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 69gto96z
However most of the import "RiceKiller" cars I would see were old beat up integras and civics with a fart can, intake, and wheels, however they made the RiceKiller cut b/c of the lack of a bodykit. And when they would leave, they would drive the POS like a bat out of hell. IMO, the only reason RKC got popular was because there were a select few of V8 guys, with very nice rides making good amounts of power
This is exactly whats happening in MN. There was a good mix clean and built cars. Now its all hondas and neons with mismatched wheels covered in stfu hater stickers. I think there is effort to try to clean up the meets but I think that will be difficult.

Last edited by CLRD4TO; 08-05-2012 at 12:08 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:22 AM
Banned

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by sith_killer_99

That is understandable.

The add's were posted when we were an active sponsor of the car, They are being removed but just take a little time to do.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thompson
The add's were posted when we were an active sponsor of the car, They are being removed but just take a little time to do.
No longer a active sponsor for the car??
Old 08-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Banned

That is correct.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:00 PM
12 Second Club

ok I understand after that video why you would not want one of your proudly built motors in his car but damn at least take his pics of your website if your done with the guy.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:22 PM
Banned

Haha, we are working on it. I do not do the website work so it is much more timely than I would like to get that kind of thing done. We have an all new website launching in the next month that will make the old one disappear all together.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:58 PM
Staging Lane

It really pisses me off that people like this even have sponsors. I know some really hard core racers who deserve sponsors and then you see this.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Teching In

Oh jallen! WTF? See what? A burnout Contest? We all do Burnouts! So what! that Old Motor came from Joel Garza!! it had over 100,000 miles on it, Holy **** Joel did a bigger burnout than Jared did to beat me at Northstar! That motor was Hurt at that time. OMFG You act like it was your wife that left you! Thompson Motorsports Knew what was going on They knew What he was going to do! WOW..
Old 08-07-2012, 03:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Jared is a promoter, he sells sponsorship on himself not his car. You run a website with a lot of hits a day and offer advertising which gets attention to the exact audience a vendor is looking for and they will sponsor you in exchange for your presence

It still seems like a poor choice on both parties to have conducted business together.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:21 PM
Teching In

Poor Choice? He did a Freekin Burnout Contest!! OMG. It's a Legal Contest! Not everyone has to like it. It is what it is! BURNOUT! Thompson Knew this! How hard is it to understand.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BIGHAL
Oh jallen! WTF? See what? A burnout Contest? We all do Burnouts! So what! that Old Motor came from Joel Garza!! it had over 100,000 miles on it, Holy **** Joel did a bigger burnout than Jared did to beat me at Northstar! That motor was Hurt at that time. OMFG You act like it was your wife that left you! Thompson Motorsports Knew what was going on They knew What he was going to do! WOW..
First off that **** is stupid. A burnout is one thing but that display is just some retarded kid ****. You can try to justify this anyway that you would like but his sponsors sure didnt see eye to eye with what you are saying.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:46 PM
Teching In

1 Sponsor Dude! And the Sponsorship Never really started anyway! You don't even have a car that will do a burnout! STFU!
Old 08-07-2012, 04:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i seen better burnouts at the pulga and the trucks drove away after
just sayin...
Old 08-07-2012, 04:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ummmm, I don't do burnouts.. and what you fail to realize is this, it's a known fact that people don't give a damn about something they got for free.... entering a burnout contest for the sole purpose to blow an engine is immature and childish..... When you carry a sponsors name and display it, they'd usually like you to act in an appropriate manner...

but you sound about like you're 16-17 anyway so I don't really expect you to understand...
Old 08-07-2012, 06:20 PM
TECH Regular

If I promise not to do anything stupid or blow the motor on purpose- will you sponser me a motor for my Texas Mile car??
Old 08-07-2012, 07:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by tonypaul
If I promise not to do anything stupid or blow the motor on purpose- will you sponser me a motor for my Texas Mile car??
Me too
But i promise NOTHING!!
Old 08-07-2012, 09:54 PM
Teching In

The Motor that blew up WAS NOT FREE! What you fail to realize is IT'S A SPORT! And things Break!!
Old 08-07-2012, 10:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

LOLZ!
Since when is burnouts a sport?
Dumbass was on the limiter the whole time almost.

Quick Reply: Is this the car from the burnout video that blew the motor?