wat is up with the chick fila

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 03:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by texas94z
No, you're expressing your hatred towards a group of people that is different than you.
exactly calling somone a ******, in the context that he did, is not any differant then calling somone a ******,spic, kike, wetback etc.... also please excuse the previous words as they were not directed at anyone, and I personally do not use those type of words they were only meant as a comparison. Bigotry is bigotry, and if a dude likes dudes, and cars, well....we still have one thing in common.... I'm sorry if I took offense to that word, the rules imply offensive and abusive language....unless I misread them...and the usage of such words, should all be met with equal punishment.....

And again, excuse my langauge as again, it was being made only as a comparison to the word that was used...
Old 08-05-2012, 04:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

There have been reports of gays harrasing patrons of chickfila and even vandalism to stores and ppls cars.
i dont like that place, so ive got nothing to worry bout. But watch.out if yall go out there.
Its prolly gonna take a while for it to settle down.
Its sad, we got bigger problems to deal with in our country and ppl are more hyped over this bs, than real issues that really affect us.
Old 08-05-2012, 05:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Well said... I couldnt agree more!!
Old 08-05-2012, 09:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NemeSS
There have been reports of gays harrasing patrons of chickfila and even vandalism to stores and ppls cars.
i dont like that place, so ive got nothing to worry bout. But watch.out if yall go out there.
Its prolly gonna take a while for it to settle down.
Its sad, we got bigger problems to deal with in our country and ppl are more hyped over this bs, than real issues that really affect us.
It's sad people are sticking their nose in someone elses beliefs. If someone does not personally care for 1 persons sexuality, that's their right.

I refuse to work on a Mustang unless it's getting a LS swap. I guess I will have Ford guys protesting in front of my place now.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:41 AM
Staging Lane

This is how I'm looking at it. Regardless of the topic, one man was real enough to express his honest feelings and people are in an uproar because he wasn't politically correct in doing so. Being PC is for the birds. If you can't be true to yourself and others then you are not really a man. I don't agree with a lot of stuff but I consult with the opposition and try and come to an equal compromise. This guy said he was against gay marriage but didn't ban them from coming in his store and to my knowledge has not said anything about them protesting.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by derrickman05
This is what happened in a nut shell: they asked the owner of chick fil a what he thought about same sex marriage and e said he was against it.
That's incorrect. What he said was that he supported the biblical definition of marriage, between a man and a woman. He didn't claim to be against anything.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:44 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by B04W
That's incorrect. What he said was that he supported the biblical definition of marriage, between a man and a woman. He didn't claim to be against anything.
Bingo.......

I believe in Adam in eve

Not Adam and Steve.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:53 AM
Staging Lane

Thank you for clearing that up
Old 08-05-2012, 11:09 AM
TECH Resident

Man this thread is making me hungry!!! I wanted to go today, but they are closed. What if Jesus comes back on sunday and wants a chicken sandwich?
Old 08-05-2012, 11:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess he'll have to go to whataburger then!
Old 08-05-2012, 11:14 AM
TECH Resident

Just as well, they make a better chicken sammich!
Old 08-05-2012, 12:47 PM
On The Tree

Old 08-05-2012, 12:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by baalic
I went there because I wanted some chicken? what category does that put me in?
Old 08-05-2012, 01:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here is the way I see it. If chicfellatio wants to be against gays and donate 5mil to anti gay foundations that is their business.If Gays want to boycott and ask others to boycott chicfellatio.. Well so what do I care it's none of my business they both have the right to do what they are doing. I have never really liked chicfellatio not that its not good its just too dam pricey.. after all it is just chicken no?
Old 08-05-2012, 01:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like eating there. Like it was mentioned before the ceo never said he was against gays, he just doesn't support gay marriage. Plus, chickfila is a christian company so of course they aren't going to support gay marriage. That's why I don't understand why everyone is blowing this up. Anyone who knows anything about christianity knows that the faith does not support gay marriage. This does not mean they don't like gay people they just don't support their marriage. Of course no one really seems to get that point and that is why this whole thing has blown up into what it is. /rant
Old 08-05-2012, 02:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1_MEANZ28
i dont see why just expressing my opinions..well i hope i dont get banned..
I just do not understand why people hate what gays do/say in their spare time.

It has no bearing or affect on others. If they are good people, help others, and pay taxes... I see no problems here.
Old 08-05-2012, 02:19 PM
TECH Resident

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by BigBronco
I just do not understand why people hate what gays do/say in their spare time.

It has no bearing or affect on others. If they are good people, help others, and pay taxes... I see no problems here.
I personally don't really care if someone is gay or not. But I also believe that marriage is meant for a man and a woman.

The reason people have a problem is that gay marriage goes against what is stated in the bible and to alot of people the bible is law.

I also agree with the liberal media trying to help stir things up. Same goes with people stirring up racism. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton have made their living prodding racism as much as they pretend they are defend black rights. They are making is worse.

For example according to those guys...white guy beats up black guy= Hate crime. Black guy beats up white guy= White guy had it coming.

It all needs to stop...but it never will. Hate and racism will live on until the end of time, and it sucks, but we will always have to deal with it.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:10 PM
Staging Lane

Za355 is informed. **** Jesse jackson and al sharpton.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

The one thing I can add that hasn't been said in here: it wasnt just a simple liberal uprising against chickfila, ot was much scarier than that. The man respectfully stated his opinion, and our government officials went after his company. Mayors of chicago, boston, and d.c. declared that chick fil a weren't welcome in their cities after he said what he said.

The man simply exercised his right to free speech, and was not hateful, condescending, ect and you have players in our govt that want to shut him down. Where is all this "tolerance" that the liberals love to preach? They are doing the exact thing that they falsely accused the CEO of doing.

Last edited by luvmeZ28; 08-05-2012 at 03:22 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LSCha0s
Here is the way I see it. If chicfellatio wants to be against gays and donate 5mil to anti gay foundations that is their business.
That's incorrect. CFA donates to foundations that support the biblical definition of a marriage, ie between a man and a woman. They do not support "anti-gay foundations." Based on what appears to be your reasoning, any pro-gay person/establishment would be anti-hetero; it doesn't work that way. I'm sure there are a few outlying gays who would argue, just as there are outlying heteros, but that's not the case here.

For the record, I believe judgment should be left to our creator. Who we, as people, chose to actively support is our decision.

Quick Reply: wat is up with the chick fila