wat is up with the chick fila

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 10:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The torah was superceded by new teachings from Paul, Jesus came to uphold the law (torah) and the prophetic books but his final purpose was to grant freedom from those laws in order to live a life bound to the love of God and other people.

As 03snake said the torah informs christians about the life of God's chosen people (Israel), so it shows that the life we live is supposed to be separate (in its actions) from the world and its actions. In essence those who quote the old testament as proof texts for their claims against christianity are truly ignorant of christian belief, and those who try to defend the torah are just as ignorant (if they are christians).
Old 08-10-2012, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by -Ross-
...was on my cell earlier sorry, but the only amount of argue i have about man + man, or girl + girl is, if "IMO" if it were ok or right, you would be able to isolate the two "types" of gays on say a island and they would be able to make babies...

rod + hole = babie...
rod + rod = nothing...
hole + hole = cool / nothing...

And as for the chick fil-a, its complete bull sh*t. Its a CHRISTAN company with CHRISTAN beliefs, its not like there standing at there doorway shooting gay people with a fire hose. How is ok for politics to say **** like that???
Old 08-10-2012, 12:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ttranssam
...was on my cell earlier sorry, but the only amount of argue i have about man + man, or girl + girl is, if "IMO" if it were ok or right, you would be able to isolate the two "types" of gays on say a island and they would be able to make babies...

rod + hole = babie...
rod + rod = nothing...
hole + hole = cool / nothing...

And as for the chick fil-a, its complete bull sh*t. Its a CHRISTAN company with CHRISTAN beliefs, its not like there standing at there doorway shooting gay people with a fire hose. How is ok for politics to say **** like that???
I'm not going to argue back on this one, as I am in complete agreement.

A. It's not "natural" for members of the same sex to reproduce. That's just straight up science.

B. The Chick Fil A CEO had every right to say what he said and not face repercussions from any government entity.

I will even go as far as saying I have asked in the past that "I wonder if gay people realize that the sexual urge they get is a natural urge to reproduce?".
With that said/asked. Who am I to say marriage is simply about reproducing/sex? I think it's about 2 individuals who want to spend the rest of their lives together and want to go through a traditional ceremony to recognize/announce their life long commitment.

And if they do want to do this...In my opinion, it's really none of my business (whether I agree with their sexual lifestyle or not) whatsover.
Old 08-10-2012, 01:33 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 409CISecondGen
I like how you completely ignore my real point and attack the fact that I used a well known person with 2 uncommon beliefs to illustrate that I don't have to be a communist if I favor population control. That's pretty weak.

No ****. Where did you get that I was for completely unregulated borders? Putting words in my mouth again? Why don't you try arguing my real points instead of trying to make me take up positions that you wan't me to hmm?

I think, that with population control everyone will have adequate resources and thus you won't have very many people crossing borders because they can't feed their families at home.

Actually I'm anti-gun control and a veteran. What a typical radical liberal I am. Thanks for another ad homonym though.
So you favor population controlled by whom? Government or voluntary? If you mean voluntary then we're in agreement. Anything else and we don't match up. I'm for smaller government and they need to get out of our lives.

I'm for tight border control. Protect our borders and everyone needs to follow the rules. Anyone here illegally needs to go. They're welcome to follow the process however if they'd like to come back.

I believe that same sex adults can have a civil union. However my vote is they don't get my nod on being legally married. The word Marriage to me means man and a woman. Nothing to do with religion. My gut just tells me the change stops there.

I'm also with you on minimizing gun control. You're a veteran and I thank you for your service. My Son spent 1 year of training and 3 years at war in Iraq as an Army Medic. Other than some back issues, shrapnel wounds from being shot at through his hummer and a little fear of things left in the road (IED PTSD) he came back safe and sound. Glad you made it back safe.

As far as Penn and Teller...I'm unfamiliar with them outside of their Las Vegas show that I've seen twice. So my reference to your point was limited.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by FUEL009
Just wondering wat y'all think bout this thing going on with chick fila????
liberal plot to give to conservatives more heart attacks and reduce their numbers!!!
Old 08-10-2012, 02:45 PM
AGH
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by -Ross-
And if they do want to do this...In my opinion, it's really none of my business (whether I agree with their sexual lifestyle or not) whatsover.
The problem is that they won't live in peace and quiet. They are making their business our business. They want to demonstrate, sue, march, hold rallies and etc. Constantly stirring crap. They want our culture to change to make their lifestyle accepted practice. They only make up 2%-3% of our entire society. Yet, our whole nation has to endure their endless whinning and all this noise. 31 states have already voted against same sex marriage. It seems most of our society still has some morals.

In Matthew 19 Jesus said “Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?

Jesus did not say "He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male/male or female/female. He did not say "man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his buddy"
Old 08-10-2012, 02:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chasgiv3
So you favor population controlled by whom? Government or voluntary? If you mean voluntary then we're in agreement. Anything else and we don't match up. I'm for smaller government and they need to get out of our lives.

I'm for tight border control. Protect our borders and everyone needs to follow the rules. Anyone here illegally needs to go. They're welcome to follow the process however if they'd like to come back.

I believe that same sex adults can have a civil union. However my vote is they don't get my nod on being legally married. The word Marriage to me means man and a woman. Nothing to do with religion. My gut just tells me the change stops there.

I'm also with you on minimizing gun control. You're a veteran and I thank you for your service. My Son spent 1 year of training and 3 years at war in Iraq as an Army Medic. Other than some back issues, shrapnel wounds from being shot at through his hummer and a little fear of things left in the road (IED PTSD) he came back safe and sound. Glad you made it back safe.

As far as Penn and Teller...I'm unfamiliar with them outside of their Las Vegas show that I've seen twice. So my reference to your point was limited.
I honestly don't know how population control should be implemented. China's solution is the only thing they really can do because they have a large and uneducated population. Access to free birth control + free education for the world would put a huge dent in the overpopulation problem. If everyone recognized that 7 Billion people is too many, they might be willing to agree to a one or two child limit.
Obviously, voluntary population limits are not working right now, since earths population is continuing to rise. But education is a game changer.

As far as marriage only being between a man and a woman. What, besides religious grounds, brought you to that conclusion?

Keep in mind saying they should have a "Civil Union" sounds like you think they should have a separate but equal institution, but separate institutions have been ruled inherently unequal by the supreme Court. So what you are doing right there is the legal definition of discriminating.

I only brought up Penn Jilete as an example of someone who can hold 2 viewpoints that many would think are opposing. How can you be an atheist if you are libertarian and vice versa. Me favoring population controls doesn't mean I'm a communist. I think we can all recognize that pure communism and pure laizzez faire are unrealistic economic solutions.

Last edited by 409CISecondGen; 08-10-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 03:12 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by AGH
The problem is that they won't live in peace and quiet. They are making their business our business. They want to demonstrate, sue, march, hold rallies and etc. Constantly stirring crap. They want our culture to change to make their lifestyle accepted practice. They only make up 2%-3% of our entire society. Yet, our whole nation has to endure their endless whinning and all this noise. 31 states have already voted against same sex marriage. It seems most of our society still has some morals.

In Matthew 19 Jesus said “Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?

Jesus did not say "He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male/male or female/female. He did not say "man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his buddy"
Your entire justification for opposing gay marriage is religious. Bottom line: you don't get to legislate based on your interpretation of your holy text.

Guess what, if you legalized gay marriage people wouldn't be 'whining' about not having it! Imagine that!

Last edited by 409CISecondGen; 08-10-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:21 PM
On The Tree

Sometimes you have to make sacrifices in life. Want to be gay... Sacrifice marriage.

I don’t want it to happen and that is just what I want. I don’t want to have to tell my kid that he can’t sleep over at his buddy Jimmy's house because I don’t believe in his daddy and daddy's life style (or mommy and mommy). Which during these times I am probably going to have to do eventually anyways.

I know a few people that are gay and have no problem with their decision to be that way. It's a personal choice that they have made and I don’t see why the rest of us have to change to make them happy.

I also don’t know why they want to get married??? Taxes??? They can’t be doing it from the religious aspect of it because they should be fighting the church not government in that situation.

I am not going to argue with anyone in here its all about personal choice and opinion. Which if they put a vote out on it I would vote no because my personal opinion is it is wrong. That does not mean that I think gay people are bad it just means that I dont agree with their life style.

Last edited by rabiddog; 08-10-2012 at 09:57 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

We should do incentives for birth control, limit to two children and gov will give you 20k cash after second delivery lol. Oh and both parents tubes tide before the check is valid.

Serious tho has anyone come across that scenario having to explain to your kids about same sex because there friends at school?

What age and how did you explain it to them?
Old 08-11-2012, 12:21 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by rabiddog
Sometimes you have to make sacrifices in life. Want to be gay... Sacrifice marriage.

I don’t want it to happen and that is just what I want. I don’t want to have to tell my kid that he can’t sleep over at his buddy Jimmy's house because I don’t believe in his daddy and daddy's life style (or mommy and mommy). Which during these times I am probably going to have to do eventually anyways.

I know a few people that are gay and have no problem with their decision to be that way. It's a personal choice that they have made and I don’t see why the rest of us have to change to make them happy.

I also don’t know why they want to get married??? Taxes??? They can’t be doing it from the religious aspect of it because they should be fighting the church not government in that situation.

I am not going to argue with anyone in here its all about personal choice and opinion. Which if they put a vote out on it I would vote no because my personal opinion is it is wrong. That does not mean that I think gay people are bad it just means that I dont agree with their life style.
Exactly how I feel!
Old 08-12-2012, 11:08 PM
L?1
Teching In

Originally Posted by 409CISecondGen
Your entire justification for opposing gay marriage is religious. Bottom line: you don't get to legislate based on your interpretation of your holy text.
Are you religious? I just ask because what he quoted does not look

like his "interpretation".
Old 08-13-2012, 11:47 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by L?1
Are you religious? I just ask because what he quoted does not look

like his "interpretation".
No I am not
Old 08-13-2012, 12:05 PM
TECH Junkie