Things to do at pleasure pear with the family

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 08:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Things to do at pleasure pear with the family

I'm taking my daughter to Galveston tomorrow for her 2nd birthday and have been hearing some pretty cool things about pleasure pier. Is it a good place to take the little one from your expierence? Also since I've been to g-town I've really only eaten at the places that are found everywhere else (brick house joes) any good ideas on places for some grub?
Old 08-11-2012, 09:31 PM
TECH Addict

Trust me.Save your time and money and go to Kemah.
Old 08-12-2012, 05:27 AM
12 Second Club

^^^I wish someone had rold us this about 3wks ago. We went to Galvy. 1st time Ive seen ocean since 8yr old(32 now). Dont get me wrong. I REALLY enjoyed our stay, but EVERYONE advised Kemah. I have Kemah all maped out and ready nexttime. Galv is very crowded, but 90% of that crowd is trying ro squeeze onto "Pleasure Pier". Hell. I wouldnt get on that thing for HEALTH REASONS! It appeared to be literally shoulder to shoulder. Anyway, save youe money on Moody Gardens for sure, as well. Honestly best place we ate was a tie between Fishermans Wharf and Landrys. Check out the historic downtown area(enjoyed this) but bring a ton of cash. Eat at Fishermans Wharf and take a dolphin tour. That was the best part of our trip.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:11 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for the ideas. I'll be taking the wife and kids to Kemah next week. I guess the holiday inn is the best place to stay? Kids need a pool..... We'd like a nice lounge downstairs for drinks.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Teching In

I just got back from Galveston/Kemah maybe 3 weeks ago with my wife and we stayed on the beach front and our last night there we went to Kemah (wish we know about it sooner), but it was probably better overall going to Kemah than it was going to Galveston. Not that i didn't have fun or enjoyed the beach but Pleasure Pier (on Seawall Blvd) wack crazy packed and my fatass wasn't riding any rides and to "walk around" was $20 a person, no thanks!!!

Ended up having a great time at Kemah ....if its just you and the wife/gf or the family there are things to do!